Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Squad for the Autumn games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:26pm
So the split is:

13 Scarlets
7 Ospreys
6 Blues
6 outside Wales
5 Dragons

And 3 of the 5 listed as injured are also Scarlets.

Just a reminder really for those that question why we get the most compensation from the WRU for players.

Sponsored Links

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Lets also remember is there is next to nothing riding on any of the games as we already have been selected in the top pool of seeds for the 2023 RWC.

we were very lucky the games got cancelled in that respect, the ab's would have tonked us twice and the scots must have fancied their chances in Scotland as would japan at home

I don't expect us to beat france Ireland or England in this run of games I predict come 12 months time pivac will be out of the welsh job
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:33pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Lets also remember is there is next to nothing riding on any of the games as we already have been selected in the top pool of seeds for the 2023 RWC.

we were very lucky the games got cancelled in that respect, the ab's would have tonked us twice and the scots must have fancied their chances in Scotland as would japan at home

I don't expect us to beat france Ireland or England in this run of games I predict come 12 months time pivac will be out of the welsh job

A distinct possibility - next in line - Pat Lam. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:41pm
Gutted when I see loads of Scarlets players. It means we’re without them. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:43pm
When asked about Steff's omission, this was Pivacs response:
"Steff, we know him very well. I spoke to him a few weeks back, he's working on things to show the consistency we're after."
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 1:01pm

"Steff, we know him very well. I spoke to him a few weeks back, he's working on things to show the consistency we're after."

What does that mean??? Steff was great under the high ball on Saturday and since lockdown his defence has been excellent. Just think his face doesn't fit with Pivac. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 1:01pm
H
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

So the split is:

13 Scarlets
7 Ospreys
6 Blues
6 outside Wales
5 Dragons

And 3 of the 5 listed as injured are also Scarlets.

Just a reminder really for those that question why we get the most compensation from the WRU for players.

Indeed . Still get the snippers though on SM re Pivac’s Scarlets bias . Pathetic!
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 1:05pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

What does that mean??? Steff was great under the high ball on Saturday and since lockdown his defence has been excellent. Just think his face doesn't fit with Pivac. 
He’s playing the best he has done in years, there’s no hope for him. Where’s norths consistency then? 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 1:42pm
From a Scarlets POV, I am delighted that Macleod has been called up - about time, too.

I am disappointed for Steff - maybe let down by a lack of top-end pace, which he can't do much about, really.

The other calls much as expected, though it's maybe a bit early for Patchell, and some more returning from injury may not feature in fact.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 1:58pm

Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Feel a bit sorry for Steff Evs

Should be there in place of North but North is never going to be dropped.

North has 95 caps. I want him to hit the century. He's not been at the heights of 5-6 years ago, but was still our best winger until the emergence of Josh Adams.
Scarlets before Wales
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

North has 95 caps. I want him to hit the century. He's not been at the heights of 5-6 years ago, but was still our best winger until the emergence of Josh Adams.

95 caps or not he isn't in form & for me Steff deserves to be in there in front of him. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Ashton Hewitt deserved a shout,I feel.

Absolutely, to me I don't know what else he could have done.
He's the only glaring omission for me.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 2:14pm

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

95 caps or not he isn't in form & for me Steff deserves to be in there in front of him. 
Selection at international level isn't all about form. The All Blacks don't always pick on form. Sometimes it's about selecting the better player regardless of form.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

No Elliott Dee was a bit of a shock
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 2:51pm
I’ve been advocating Parry for a while, so not a great surprise to me.
Hewitt is scoring for fun, his defense has really come on too.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

No Elliott Dee was a bit of a shock

It's a good call. Dee has been poor since covid.
Scarlets before Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic