Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Squad for the Autumn games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 12:36pm
I think, they have exemption due to being professional sports teams. Though I must say I'm not overly excited with everything going on....
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Not sure what today's announcement means for these games.
Professional sporting sides are exempt 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 1:20pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Not sure what today's announcement means for these games.
Professional sporting sides are exempt 

Well at least there's something on the telly this weekend then.
sospanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 3:01pm
Does anyone know on what basis professional sporting sides are exempt when other professional workers and sportspersons have "to make sacrifices" in the efforts to deal with Covid in Wales?
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by sospanman sospanman wrote:

Does anyone know on what basis professional sporting sides are exempt when other professional workers and sportspersons have "to make sacrifices" in the efforts to deal with Covid in Wales?

I guess that they are living totally alone with each other & are in bubbles? 

I would think matches are subject to being called off at short notice in the event of a large number of positive tests in the squad.

Bristol are on standby to replace Wasps in Saturdays final as Wasps continue to report positive cases.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 3:18pm

A Welsh Government statement said: "Sportspeople who work and earn a living through sport are allowed to continue working.

"Fixtures involving professional sportspeople are allowed to continue behind closed doors. All participants, such as players, officials, coaches, and broadcasters, are there in a working capacity.

"Like everyone else they can leave home to do so if they cannot work from home.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 6:56am
I wonder if pivac will have the guts to look to the future and give some other players a chance of showing what they can do and not pick the side the mystic meg of welsh rugby(mark orders) has predicted in the toilet times?our seeding is safe and it's a friendly.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 8:00am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I wonder if pivac will have the guts to look to the future and give some other players a chance of showing what they can do and not pick the side the mystic meg of welsh rugby(mark orders) has predicted in the toilet times?our seeding is safe and it's a friendly.

Well if he doesn't use this game against what will be a weakened French selection then he never will. He won't have the Bristol ( Sheedy & Lloyd), Wasps (Rowlands) or Exeter (Francis) players available. I would like to see LRZ, Hardy & Johny Williams start with Parry & Seb Davies getting some gametime also. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 8:18am

I agree, I'd like to see the following:

Halfpenny
Adams
Davies
Williams
Rees-Zammit
Biggar
Hardy
Faletau
Navidi
Wainwright 
Hill
Ball
Lee
Elias
Jones
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 9:47am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well if he doesn't use this game against what will be a weakened French selection then he never will. He won't have the Bristol ( Sheedy & Lloyd), Wasps (Rowlands) or Exeter (Francis) players available. I would like to see LRZ, Hardy & Johny Williams start with Parry & Seb Davies getting some gametime also. 

Gotta find his playing style as well with the right players, think that's key to me and so important in the post-Gatland era. Sometimes a relatively small player base means selection, particularly in key positions, will effectively dictate playing style. E.g. Biggar at 10. Even so, Pivac's the boss. 

I'll always remember seeing Wilko, who I considered the ultimate defensive/deep kicking 10 from his England style, play against us at Stradey for Newcastle and I was gobsmacked how good he was on the front foot playing flat.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 10:14am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by trident trident wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Grab a Liverpool top and stick a wales badge on instead LOL

Wash your mouth out Angry

Mate it's almost identical 

Luckily the rugby shirt has a straight collar at the back - the Liverpool one looks very odd having a v-neck at the back (looks like the player has it on the wrong way!)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2020 at 2:32pm
Wales are awaiting the results of a scan to the right knee of Foxy.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 12:38pm
owen lane should surely be involved too? johnny mac liam williams adams, owen lane johnny williams watkin in the centre
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2020 at 3:58pm
So we've reached the final weekend of the Autumn Nations Cup & the teams now face the teams who occupy the same position in the other pool, so we have:

Georgia v Fiji - which could still happen.
Wales v Italy
Ireland v Scotland 
England v France.

It's a shame that France will be missing most of the players who lit up the early weeks of this competition as per their agreement with French clubs, no player can play more that 3 times. However, it could benefit them in the long run as they will have fielded more players than most. I fancy them to beat England, especially if England pick the Ford Farrell axis.

Scotland v Ireland represents a real chance for Scotland to show they are continuing to develop & I fancy them to turn over an Ireland team who are clicking in fits & starts.

I'd like to see Georgia v Fiji happen, Covid allowing, as on paper its 2 different styles clashing & it's nice to see matches of nations we don't normally see on the telly.

I don't think the tournament will be an annual event but it's served a purpose in getting a bit of International rugby played, would have no doubt been a much better event with crowds but hey ho. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 December 2020 at 9:33am
Sean Edwards putting the boot in again I see. Claims the WRU promised to contact him in  a few days after contract talks. Took them 12 days so Sean knew he wasn't wanted. Again confirms that he wasn't prepared to sign a two year deal offered. Also questions why nobody at the WRU seemed to know his coaching resume - namely as head coach of Wasps during a Heineken winning season. Also asks why Pivac wants to fix something which ain't broken. Only positive is how much he rates Melon as a potential defence coach. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 December 2020 at 10:33am
Tex has been selected by Fiji to face Georgia.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
  Share Topic