Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Squad for the Autumn games

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales Squad for the Autumn games
    Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:02am

Forwards (21): Rhys Carre (Cardiff Blues, 8 Caps), Wyn Jones (Scarlets, 25 Caps), Nicky Smith (Ospreys, 35 Caps), Ken Owens (Scarlets, 77 Caps), Ryan Elias (Scarlets, 13 Caps), Sam Parry (Ospreys)*, Samson Lee (Scarlets, 41 Caps), Dillon Lewis (Cardiff Blues, 26 Caps), Tomas Francis (Exeter Chiefs, 48 Caps), Leon Brown (Dragons, 10 Caps), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys, 138 Caps), Will Rowlands (Wasps, 1 Cap), Jake Ball (Scarlets, 46 Caps), Seb Davies (Cardiff Blues, 7 Caps), Cory Hill (Cardiff Blues, 25 Caps), Aaron Wainwright (Dragons, 21 Caps), Ross Moriarty (Dragons, 45 Caps), Taulupe Faletau (Bath, 76 Caps), Josh Navidi (Cardiff Blues, 24 Caps), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys, 76 Caps), Josh Macleod (Scarlets)*.

Backs (17): Rhys Webb (Ospreys, 33 Caps), Gareth Davies (Scarlets, 53 Caps), Kieran Hardy (Scarlets)*, Dan Biggar (Northampton, 83 Caps), Rhys Patchell (Scarlets, 19 Caps), Callum Sheedy (Bristol)*, Owen Watkin (Ospreys, 22 Caps), Nick Tompkins (Dragons, 4 Caps), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets, 81 Caps), Johnny Williams (Scarlets)*, George North (Ospreys, 95 Caps), Josh Adams (Cardiff Blues, 24 Caps), Louis Rees-Zammit (Gloucester)*, Jonah Holmes (Dragons, 3 Caps), Leigh Halfpenny (Scarlets, 89 Caps), Ioan Lloyd (Bristol)*, Liam Williams (Scarlets, 63 Caps).

Edited by Fscarlet - 06 October 2020 at 11:03am
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:04am
Bit annoyed to see Patchell & Sanjay in there given their lack of game time & injuries.

Really happy for Macloed too, well deserved.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:18am
Congratulation Josh, really deserved...well done to all the players involved in Wales selection. Will be an hard month, a kind of stress test for all the movement..
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:22am
Well done to the Scarlet 13 in particular Josh, Hardy & Johnny. With the omission of Eliot Dee Ryan can establish himself in the 23. WOL have managed to get Callum Sheedy selected ahead of Jarrod Evans which surprises me. Bit crazy selecting Liam & Patchell especially if they don't both start against Glasgow. Biggest surprise inclusion has to be Ioan Lloyd a young man going far in a hurry. 
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:37am
Feel a bit sorry for Steff Evs
Joshua24:15
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:38am
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Pivac clearly has a massive downer on him, he has no chance of getting picked while he is in charge
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:39am
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Should be there in place of North but North is never going to be dropped.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:41am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well done to the Scarlet 13 in particular Josh, Hardy & Johnny. With the omission of Eliot Dee Ryan can establish himself in the 23. WOL have managed to get Callum Sheedy selected ahead of Jarrod Evans which surprises me. Bit crazy selecting Liam & Patchell especially if they don't both start against Glasgow. Biggest surprise inclusion has to be Ioan Lloyd a young man going far in a hurry. 

logical thing is to cap sheedy and tie him to wales (cynical but true)

tight head is a strange one will griff john picked to start vs Scotland, game off and now he can't even get in the squad yet both brown and lewis were available for the Scotland game and he was selected ahead of both

Parry for dee another odd call, pivac seems to be very random with his selections

congrats to all and I hope all 3 of our new boys get a cap
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

tight head is a strange one will griff john picked to start vs Scotland, game off and now he can't even get in the squad yet both brown and lewis were available for the Scotland game and he was selected ahead of both

Parry for dee another odd call, pivac seems to be very random with his selections

Not so odd for me, the Dragons lineout has been shocking recently. Parry always seems to play well when I see the Ospreys to be fair.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:44am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Not so odd for me, the Dragons lineout has been shocking recently. Parry always seems to play well when I see the Ospreys to be fair.

out of curio what happens now to the likes of dee and halaholo who were part of the elite 38 and having 80% of their salary paid but are now not in the squad?

wru still pick up the tab?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:47am

Parry was one of the bright lights in an otherwise forgetable season for the Ospreys so maybe not such a surprise. Dee has gone from no 2 to 4 at best. Tight head selection is very strange unless, of course, WilGriff is caught up in this covid mess at Sale. Pivac and random selections are no strangers.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:47am
That's the thing for me over Steff (and Ashton Hewitt to an extent) - when has George North last had 2 games in a row for Wales? Not even sure when his last really good 1 game was. I just can't see George being at the 2023 RWC and although it can't all be about the future I'm not convinced about his present

I've seen a lot of Sheedy lately with all the english and euro matches being on BT Sport and I'm not surprised he's in there to be fair. He always seems to make the right decision, is very cool and controlled, plays right on the gain line and makes good breaks as well. He doesn't get much distance with his touch kicks but not sure if that is an instruction from the club as he seems able to knock a penalty over from half way quite comfortably.

Great to see Josh in there
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 11:53am
Lets also remember is there is next to nothing riding on any of the games as we already have been selected in the top pool of seeds for the 2023 RWC.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:01pm
Ashton Hewitt deserved a shout,I feel.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:12pm

Lets also remember is there is next to nothing riding on any of the games as we already have been selected in the top pool of seeds for the 2023 RWC.

Well lets hope that means we see some decent selections from Pivac starting with LRZ ahead of Liam and North for the 1st game. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 October 2020 at 12:15pm

Well lets hope that means we see some decent selections from Pivac starting with LRZ ahead of Liam and North for the 1st game. 

I hope so!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic