Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs Glasgow (a)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 12:42pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Haha has anyone seen Tyson Fury congratulating his fellow Gypsy traveller on reaching 150 caps for us?
https://twitter.com/scarlets_rugby/status/1314527724095057920
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 1:11pm
Brilliant, I never knew that we were a country in our own right.  Saying that, we might as well rename the Welsh team the Scarlets, with the amount scarlets players they have.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 1:15pm
Some nonsense on here recently mind. Ken finished as a player? Seriously. And Dan taking all the blame for last weekends loss. The only valid comment is in relation to Cassiem being missing hoping it is a strategic rest for him rather than some sort of naughty step. He was player of the year for me last year. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Some nonsense on here recently mind. Ken finished as a player? Seriously. And Dan taking all the blame for last weekends loss. The only valid comment is in relation to Cassiem being missing hoping it is a strategic rest for him rather than some sort of naughty step. He was player of the year for me last year. 
đź‘Ťđź‘Ťđź‘Ť
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 2:15pm
Hope to resolve with JW our recent attacking troubles..the selection is not absolutely bad, I dont think with Cassiem in and Thomson out could be so deeply different, rather Blade is one more option in line out..
We could talk about the bench players, but the objective is to have more fit players for the autumn week, there is a logic that you cant  be disagree.
Everyone here want the result week after week, but the team now is a work in progress, maybe much more than we though...come on Scarlets

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 2:58pm

Originally posted by townboy townboy wrote:

Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

Oh no....Dan Jones

Jesus..Dan seems to be the Priestland for taking all the stick..Really hard to see how it’s been his fault for losing the last 2

I think it's more the fact he doesn't get the back line purring in the same way that Patch or AOB does.

Then let that be the post and the debate.

Comments like that about any player are worthless bilge tbh.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Oh no....Dan Jones

Jesus..Dan seems to be the Priestland for taking all the stick..Really hard to see how it’s been his fault for losing the last 2

I think it's more the fact he doesn't get the back line purring in the same way that Patch or AOB does.

Comments like what?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 3:40pm

Oh no....Dan Jones

Comments like what?

I think Wil is referring to the poster who questions Dan's selection. Criticising a player's performance is one thing but overly negative comments which seem individual based are not worthy of comment. Every professional player has their faults and strengths even Radrada. Dan is a valuable member of our squad and should be shown the respect he deserves.

Would I have selected him to start for Sunday probably not - I would have been tempted to start Rhys with Dan on the bench but that is purely a personal choice. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 4:11pm

Oh no....Dan Jones

Comments like what?<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>

Apologies I thought it was obvious. My bad.

Debate the merits of selection no issue. I don’t see the point of a statement like Oh no Dan Jones.

Also I thought Patchell looked like a guy who needed a few more 20-30 minutes off the bench before commanding a back line In a big game like this. Although I would have put him in, I do think It would have been a significant gamble. One I can understand why the coaching staff declined on.

N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 4:11pm
Dan is a good player. But we should be selecting Patchell if we want to get our backs moving.
As for Cassiem’s continued exclusion from the 23...I really am lost for words.
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 5:40pm

Oh no....Dan Jones

Comments like what?<span style="white-space:pre">     </span>

Apologies I thought it was obvious. My bad.

Debate the merits of selection no issue. I don’t see the point of a statement like Oh no Dan Jones.

Also I thought Patchell looked like a guy who needed a few more 20-30 minutes off the bench before commanding a back line In a big game like this. Although I would have put him in, I do think It would have been a significant gamble. One I can understand why the coaching staff declined on.

We all have our opinions but as someone has already said Dan seems to be getting most of the blame,  I thought he controlled the game well last week in difficult conditions and we really lost our way AFTER he had gone off.
He has done well for us in big games before and people seem to forget that.
Until Rhys is playing more regularly I would prefer us to start with Dan and then maybe bring one of the other 10's on as the game goes on if needed , not that this tactic worked last week though.
I also think Steff Hughes seems to get some unwarranted stick at times but that's just my opinion.
Anyway lets hope we can play for the whole game tomorrow although it will be a tough game away to a good Glasgow side but les get behind the team.
saundersfoot scarlets
Raised By Peregos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raised By Peregos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 5:47pm
I posted a what I considered to be a fair and balanced post about Dan Jones the other week. I'm a bit disappointed with the fact there is a flat track that we are not playing AoB. Apart from that backline picks itself, apart from I'd have Tyler Morgan on the bench. 

I'm a little worried about the tactic of picking almost identical teams for three weeks in a row and then suddenly switching to completely different team when the internationals leave. I'm also very disappointed about Cassiem's lack of involvement. He's disappointed on twitter too, you can tell. He's not injured, he doesn't need a rest, and he's exactly the kind of back row player who will like the artificial pitch whereas Kalamafoni was brought in for the wetter days. 

I rate Blade at six, and obviously MacLeod at seven, but I'd like to see more rotation at eight depending on the game. I understand SK for Munster and Toulon, but now Glasgow away? Benchwise, Rawlins is always a good club player, but he's not as good as Cassiem. And didn't Blade cover second row a few times when he first started with us? I agree with a previous poster that I'd put in Cassiem over Cubby on the bench. The argument that Cubby needs minutes... Cassiem needs minutes too, or that Cubby changes the way we play... well why put Steff Hughes on the bench and not Asquith or Morgan or Conbeer then? If the idea is to have a player to change the style? 

I've been impressed with Kalamafoni's workrate and defence but I don't find him a particularly great carrier, or rather better carrier... he doesn't seem to make any more yards than Cassiem considering his extra bulk. 

Looping back quickly, I understand Dan is our OH with the most experience, but I genuinely don't think we'll see expansive, running rugby a la title-winning season with him, and we have to blood the other guys at some point. AoB isn't lacking top level experience mind, he doesn't really need to be blooded!

I think the future is the "Red Hot" duo of Patchot and Costellow. 

Raised By Peregos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raised By Peregos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 5:49pm
PS. Just because it took me so long to write, I missed the last post before mine...

I always thought it was better to play the more attacking guy first, and then bring on the conservative controller when it was time to shut up shop or damage control? My preferred option anyway. 
stradeyscarlet72 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 6:50pm
I really hope that uzair is fine and not on his way out as he’s been hinted on Twitter.  He certainly has a lot more to give in my view .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by Raised By Peregos Raised By Peregos wrote:

PS. Just because it took me so long to write, I missed the last post before mine...

I always thought it was better to play the more attacking guy first, and then bring on the conservative controller when it was time to shut up shop or damage control? My preferred option anyway. 
I suppose you can look at this either way really and its just a case of personal preference and depends on how games develop.

saundersfoot scarlets

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 7:00pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

I really hope that uzair is fine and not on his way out as he’s been hinted on Twitter.  He certainly has a lot more to give in my view .

Let's hope not , one of our better players last year , hopefully he will get some game time soon , Josh McLeod will be with Wales and possibly Blade Thomson with Scotland so there will be gaps than?
saundersfoot scarlets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic