Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs Glasgow (a)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 7:11pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by townboy townboy wrote:

Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

Oh no....Dan Jones
Jesus..Dan seems to be the Priestland for taking all the stick..Really hard to see how it’s been his fault for losing the last 2

I think it's more the fact he doesn't get the back line purring in the same way that Patch or AOB does.
To be honest I sort of feel like our general strategy so far under Delaney has changed to a bit more forward centric approach?
Sponsored Links

townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by N14 N14 wrote:

Dan is a good player. But we should be selecting Patchell if we want to get our backs moving.
As for Cassiem’s continued exclusion from the 23...I really am lost for words.
I'm hearing that Patch hasn't really trained much over the last 2 weeks,so maybe that has a bearing on selection...im expecting him to play 30/35 mins this week after his 15 last week..He could really do with a run with us and find his fitness and game levels before going with Wales..
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by stradeyscarlet72 stradeyscarlet72 wrote:

I really hope that uzair is fine and not on his way out as he’s been hinted on Twitter.  He certainly has a lot more to give in my view .
Totally agree
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 7:44pm
I’ll be disappointed if he leaves but isn’t this the last year of his deal. If i was scarlets management i’d get him an extension 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 8:44pm
the last thing we need need now is a coach with an agenda on one of our best players like pivac with steff who was the best winger in wales at the time,cassiem was outstanding last year.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 10:30pm
Yep I’m gutted that waste of space Jonny Williams has joined us -  and immediately into the Welsh squad.What idiot instigated that appointment then ? 🤨 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 10:38pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

the last thing we need need now is a coach with an agenda on one of our best players like pivac with steff who was the best winger in wales at the time,cassiem was outstanding last year.
All coaches have their “like” players. That’s fine. Steff is elusive  in the immediate contest but lacks real pace. He was surprisingly caught the other week when I expected him to score.  His defence has definitely improved mind . 

Edited by reesytheexile - 09 October 2020 at 10:39pm
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2020 at 10:47pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

All coaches have their “like” players. That’s fine. Steff is elusive  in the immediate contest but lacks real pace. He was surprisingly caught the other week when I expected him to score.  His defence has definitely improved mind . 

Nice to see some honest,balanced appraisals.Sometimes criticisms are avoided,flaws tolerated,and failings ignored.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 09 October 2020 at 10:55pm
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 2:52am
Can’t see how anyone would want Patchell starting yet, he looked totally out of his depth last week when he came on. Bench the right call for me but I think we should have tried using aob before now at 10 for some game time. Would be very disappointing if cassiem left was great for us last year and loved being here
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 7:14am
Cass would be a huge loss if he goes he looked like he was loving playing for us last season and was in great form . Even though he will get games when the international's are away. 

Its no good for his morale to leave him out of these match day squads with no chance to prove himself even off the bench . Bad man management In my opinion.

I cannot wait to see cass and kala 6 and 8 together 
knutsfordlion View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Cass would be a huge loss if he goes he looked like he was loving playing for us last season and was in great form . Even though he will get games when the international's are away. 

Its no good for his morale to leave him out of these match day squads with no chance to prove himself even off the bench . Bad man management In my opinion.

I cannot wait to see cass and kala 6 and 8 together 

I expect Cass to play out of his skin when he gets the chances during the International window, and it will make it impossible not to be selected going forward.
Sadly when you have a lot of quality operators in the back row, there will always be some disappointment, bit that competition for places can only drive individuals on !
Page the oracle
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 9:15am
It's odd isn't it... Cassiem gone from public enemy number one on here to a conspirecy theory over his non selection.
We are fortunate to have such depth in tbe back row. Balancing act puts cassiem out of the frame on bench in my opinion. 
Blade, Macleod, Kalamafoni  play 8.
Blade, Macleod play 6.
Macleod plays 7. 

Bench cover common sense is a player that plays 7 isn't it? Cubby, Jac Morgan, or Dan Davis. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 10:02am
The next 6 fixtures after this one are in the international window, and I fully expect that there is a different selection strategy already decided.

We will see much more of Gus, Costellow, Cassiem, Conbeer, Dan Davies etc. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 10:12am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

It's odd isn't it... Cassiem gone from public enemy number one on here to a conspirecy theory over his non selection.
We are fortunate to have such depth in tbe back row. Balancing act puts cassiem out of the frame on bench in my opinion. 
Blade, Macleod, Kalamafoni  play 8.
Blade, Macleod play 6.
Macleod plays 7. 

Bench cover common sense is a player that plays 7 isn't it? Cubby, Jac Morgan, or Dan Davis. 
Via hero and probable player of the season in 2019-20.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Raised By Peregos View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raised By Peregos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 12:20pm
It's interesting to me (and I'm only interested in actual well-considered rugby debate, not [beep]ging players off) that no-one responded to my comment about Kalamafoni's carrying ability (as displayed so far). A post I read on a different rugby site always stuck with me... that he had the most carries in the premiership but didn't make many metres. I'm sorry, I can't remember the source. He's got a great appetite for it, but it doesn't seem to translate into busting tackles IMHO. I haven't seen him get any more yards on average than Cassiem, and the latter has the advantage of being more impressive in open field in my opinion. 

I think Kalamafoni is a really good player don't get me wrong, and yes I'm in the Cassiem camp (I never made him public enemy no1 for me, I always thought you could see the effort and ability he had but it never quite clicked - turns out a broken bone was something to do with that...) just would like some more rotation based on pitch/weather. 

It's interesting to see teams like Bristol bench Sinckler today for a semi-final - that's strength in depth, but also shows that to get that depth you have to rotate. I guess the trick is to rotate enough to build depth but not too much to wreck team growth and momentum.
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2020 at 12:25pm
Its similar with Leinster, the best sides have such strength in depth and rotation becomes a must, we have a strong squad, some positions more than others and good players are always going to sit out certain games. I do hope we see more of Cass soon though, the question is do the coaches see him as a possible 6 or is it a shootout between him and Sione for number 8?

Looking at Glasgow tomorrow, all ready a big game, and the last before 13, 14, 15 probably away for the next couple of months. 2 good sides on paper. Scarlets have a pretty decent record against Glasgow at Scotstoun, winning 5 out of the last 6 including that semi final in 2018, lets hope that can continue!!

Edited by ChrisX - 10 October 2020 at 12:41pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic