Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team vs Benetton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Lee91 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 10:21am
15. Rogers/Sanjay
14. Conbeer
13. T Morgan
12. Roberts
11. S Evans
10. Costelow 
09. Homer
08. Cassiem
07. Davis
06. J Morgan
05. Rawlins
04. M Jones
03. Kruger
02. Jones
01. R Evans

16. Booth
17. Price
18. Sebastian 
19. Helps
20. J Davies
21. Blacker
22. O’Brien
23. Asquith
Reserve: Kalamafoni & Hughes
As long as you win it once, you'll never be forgotten
Sponsored Links

haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 10:40am
15 Steff
14 Brew
13 Steff H
12 Asquith
11 Prydie
10 AOB
9 Blacker
8 Kalamafoni
7 Cubby (Morgan if Cubby is called up)
6 Cassiem
5 Rawlins
4 Helps
3 Kruger
2 Jones
1 Evans

16 Hughes
17 Price
18 Sebastian
19 Kennedy
20 Davis
21 Homer
22 Costellow
23 Morgan
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 10:47am
Originally posted by Mr Lee91 Mr Lee91 wrote:

15. Rogers/Sanjay
14. Conbeer
13. T Morgan
12. Roberts
11. S Evans
10. Costelow 
09. Homer
08. Cassiem
07. Davis
06. J Morgan
05. Rawlins
04. M Jones
03. Kruger
02. Jones
01. R Evans

16. Booth
17. Price
18. Sebastian 
19. Helps
20. J Davies
21. Blacker
22. O’Brien
23. Asquith
Reserve: Kalamafoni & Hughes

Think Sanjay will be in the Welsh bubble & not be able to be released
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 12:06pm
What's the news at hooker? Is Daf Hughes fit to play? Did he play v Ospreys? Taylor Davies and Marc Jones? How do we see the pecking order now that Ken & Ryan are in the Wales bubble?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 12:38pm
We knew we were going to be depleted. We always are. What's thrown us now is the added 4 weeks of the normal autumn internationals. We aren't having player releases, we recruited 2 good signings... One of which is straight in the Welsh side. We halted recruitment due to lockdown which is fair enough. But to me, this is showing the importance of NWQs. 
Our depth is good. But when 16 players leave on international duty, that depth is borderline and makes things near impossible.
I don't see us doing it, but we need a 12 and tighthead more than anything. A 12 similar to Williams and Parkes, hard runner... And a tighthead. Thankfully Rob Evs is around so loosehead is OK at the moment but we are having to put a lot of faith in a lot of youngsters in key positions.
I remember positing in a topic on here about what our goals for the season should be. I put down European qualification would be outstanding considering the players that have now left will likely play the Derby games next in the Pro14 and then nothing til the end of the 6N break. If 6N is moved as is being discussed, it will be huge for us. But the next 8 to 10 weeks is going to be testing for the squad but a fine opportunity for some youngsters to stake a claim. Jac Morgan, Dan Davis, Sam Costellow, Osian Knott etc I'm sure a chomping at the bit to show what they can do. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 12:47pm
dan davies took his opportunities with both hands last year(outstanding in paris) yet he hasnt featured yet.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:00pm
Yes he did. Im sure he and Jac Morgan are next in line.
I wouldn't mind seeing us line up with 2 jacklers alongside kalamafoni. We had Cubby and Barclay in that winning season and Beirne at the breakdown. If we can get Jac Morgan alongside cubby and Kalamafoni that could give us a few turnovers for a few pens or counter attacks. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

dan davies took his opportunities with both hands last year(outstanding in paris) yet he hasnt featured yet.
I agree he was very good last year but would you select him ahead of Josh Blade or Cubby. He will have his chance in the next few games hopefully along with the very impressive Jac Morgan. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:04pm

A good call that, apparently Jac Morgan was the best player on field in Ospreys friendly..
sospanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:13pm
I am actually looking forward to seeing what our squad players and youngsters can do given an opportunity. Let's face it they cannot do much worse than our seasoned Internationals who have returned just one league point and one try for us so far. It will be a good opportunity to assess those who are most likely to have a future as first team players.
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:42pm
I'm not sure that the first round of international games are part of the official release period so whilst we'd be missing the Welsh players Tex and Blade may be available.

I'd go (there's no way this will be the team!):

Sanjay (needs a game)
Steff
Morgan
Asquith
Brew
Costellow
Homer
Kalamafoni
Cubby
Dan Davies
Tex
Blade
Kruger
Jones
Rob
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:44pm
Jac Morgan is a tough, intelligent player. He may not have the physical attributes of some of our other backrow players but more than makes up for it with his decision making, something many on here have been complaining we have been lacking in recent weeks. He has a real presence on the field
and who knows, he may even be a future captain.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I agree he was very good last year but would you select him ahead of Josh Blade or Cubby. He will have his chance in the next few games hopefully along with the very impressive Jac Morgan. 
until cubby starts showing some of his form from 2 years ago then i would have dan or jac instead of him.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

I'm not sure that the first round of international games are part of the official release period so whilst we'd be missing the Welsh players Tex and Blade may be available.

I'd go (there's no way this will be the team!):

Sanjay (needs a game)
Steff
Morgan
Asquith
Brew
Costellow
Homer
Kalamafoni
Cubby
Dan Davies
Tex
Blade
Kruger
Jones
Rob

It depends if they are in a bubble so to speak...
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 2:59pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

Jac Morgan is a tough, intelligent player. He may not have the physical attributes of some of our other backrow players but more than makes up for it with his decision making, something many on here have been complaining we have been lacking in recent weeks. He has a real presence on the field
and who knows, he may even be a future captain.

According to the Scarlets site he's heavier than cubby , Dan Davies and Cassiem
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2020 at 3:12pm
15.Prydie
14.Conbeer
13.Morgan
12.Hughes
11.Steff
10.O'Brien
9.Blacker
8.Cassiem
7.Cubby
6.Kennedy
5.Tex
4.Rawlins