Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team vs Benetton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 2:00pm
Neil Jenkins says that Liam Williams may be released back to us.
Sponsored Links

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

So if Benetton are getting players back, will we?

I am sure that getting guys back is being constantly discussed between Pivac and Delaney. I was hoping that we would see Liam, Patchell & Cubby for urgently needed minutes this weekend. Patchell is now a non starter as Sheedy is still with Bristol as they may be stepping in to replace Wasps. Hopefully we could see the other two. 
Patchell and Liam will likely get game time against France. I wouldn’t expect to see any of the Wales squad players until well into 2021

Surely that can't be correct Stef. What about local derbies & Europe? I agree as above about Patchell. Liam is a surprise as how on earth he is deemed fit to play France without any rugby for months is frankly nonsense.
That’s what is being suggested on the grapevine. The France game is a warm-up it’s perfect for Liam if he’s fit 
As I said on twitter, the WRU couldnt care less about the regions, we are just an unfortunate inconvenience. 
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 2:41pm
Sad to say I am rapidly falling out of love with rugby union and the ridiculous club v country stuff. If I lived further north, I would get a St Helens season ticket instead once crowds are allowed back. The game is being ruined for those that support the regions.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Sad to say I am rapidly falling out of love with rugby union and the ridiculous club v country stuff. If I lived further north, I would get a St Helens season ticket instead once crowds are allowed back. The game is being ruined for those that support the regions.
Couldn't agree more. Things desperately need to change
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 2:42pm

I must admit to feeling the same to an extent. I can't remember ever feeling this 'not bothered' by an international window.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 2:47pm
got to say i feel the same, got no interest in the game at all at the moment. scarlets/wales anyone. the structure of the season and with the pandemic is destroying the game. 
i have hardly watched any rugby this season and to be honest i cant see much of a change until something is done about the game.

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 3:40pm

Couldn't agree more. Things desperately need to change
Spot on. It was mentioned couple of weeks back that 6N may be postponned until crowds can go and watch the games. I hope for the games sake that they do postpone the tournament until the summer and then keep it there so the league season is interupted only for Autumn Tests. 
If there is no change to move either the league or 6N, Pro rugby will die, not might. Not sure if talks are still ongoing regarding 6N...i live in hope. CVC I'm sure know what's needed and hopefully they can help push big changes through. 

PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 3:48pm

Well not having them back for Europe/derbies etc is news to me. If that is mirrored throughout the Celtic nations then we can forget any of our teams competing in Europe as I cannot see the English premiership or the top 14 standing for being without their International players for what is effectively mid October 2020 to end of March 2021 - 5 months plus.
it's been a hot topic on social media before the season started. It's why my expectations this season aren't that to get to any quarters or play offs, just a big effort to qualify for Europe next season. We can forget the internationals for the season in my opinion. They will be a BIG bonus if and when they are available. It's going to be a season of development in many ways with as I said a great chance for the academy lads to step in and show the coaches they are ready to be relied on. OConnor, a very young but promising tight head already our 3rd choice no doubt will move up from 3rd during the course of the season. Jac Morgan already leading the side when he starts etc. Its a season that's out of the norm that's a fact. But I can't see us having anyone back any time soon. We should forget the internationals, crack on with the players we have so we know where we stand each week. Build a "team" without the internationals. That's going to be key this year. As I said, if we get one or two back... We can fit them in. But best to assume they aren't with us IMO. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 7:42am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Well not having them back for Europe/derbies etc is news to me. If that is mirrored throughout the Celtic nations then we can forget any of our teams competing in Europe as I cannot see the English premiership or the top 14 standing for being without their International players for what is effectively mid October 2020 to end of March 2021 - 5 months plus.
it's been a hot topic on social media before the season started. It's why my expectations this season aren't that to get to any quarters or play offs, just a big effort to qualify for Europe next season. We can forget the internationals for the season in my opinion. They will be a BIG bonus if and when they are available. It's going to be a season of development in many ways with as I said a great chance for the academy lads to step in and show the coaches they are ready to be relied on. OConnor, a very young but promising tight head already our 3rd choice no doubt will move up from 3rd during the course of the season. Jac Morgan already leading the side when he starts etc. Its a season that's out of the norm that's a fact. But I can't see us having anyone back any time soon. We should forget the internationals, crack on with the players we have so we know where we stand each week. Build a "team" without the internationals. That's going to be key this year. As I said, if we get one or two back... We can fit them in. But best to assume they aren't with us IMO. 

Don't get me wrong I will support totally whoever pulls on that shirt & I am very excited about seeing our young players developing. However a lot has been said during lockdown about seizing the opportunity to introduce a more structured season. On the face of it we are going backwards. Now that may be a one season blip which is perfectly understandable during this pandemic. 

If we are not going to see our International squad players for 5 months then qualifying for the Champions Cup for season 2021/22 will be our only realistic goal. Taking a team of young promising players supported by established first teamers like Steff Evans, Dan Jones, Werner, Tex, Sam, Kennedy, Sione and Uzair away to Toulon or Racing who will only be missing a handful of Internationals at the most will not end well. 
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 9:51am

Surely we will have the internationals available for Europe and the xmas derbies, they arent going to be going back to the wales squad until end of January , plus theres talk of delaying the 6 nations

We cant go and play racing or toulon and bath or bristol without our internationals
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 11:41am
Originally posted by scarletsrules scarletsrules wrote:

Surely we will have the internationals available for Europe and the xmas derbies, they arent going to be going back to the wales squad until end of January , plus theres talk of delaying the 6 nations

We cant go and play racing or toulon and bath or bristol without our internationals
Wales finish one week, then immediately into Europe. Again. I don't think we have had our strongest side available for the first round of Europe for several years due to the 4th international.now they will have I assume an extended break after an extended tournament. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 11:45am

Don't get me wrong I will support totally whoever pulls on that shirt & I am very excited about seeing our young players developing. However a lot has been said during lockdown about seizing the opportunity to introduce a more structured season. On the face of it we are going backwards. Now that may be a one season blip which is perfectly understandable during this pandemic. 

If we are not going to see our International squad players for 5 months then qualifying for the Champions Cup for season 2021/22 will be our only realistic goal. Taking a team of young promising players supported by established first teamers like Steff Evans, Dan Jones, Werner, Tex, Sam, Kennedy, Sione and Uzair away to Toulon or Racing who will only be missing a handful of Internationals at the most will not end well. 
Agree. It will not end well... Its why it's all about survival this year in more ways than one. I do believe world rugby have missed the boat to restructure the season. If the 6N can be postponned that could create a bit of a last chance to properly keep the International and league seasons apart. Why not have 6N run the same time as tri nations etc? Doesn't that make sense? Hopefully it will happen or pro rugby will end sooner rather than later. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 12:04pm

Wales finish one week, then immediately into Europe. Again. I don't think we have had our strongest side available for the first round of Europe for several years due to the 4th international.now they will have I assume an extended break after an extended tournament. 

First 2 rounds of Europe are normally in October before the internationals.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 12:28pm

so it's rounds 3 and 4 we are normally without them is it
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 12:36pm

Rounds 3 & 4 in 2018-19 we had all our internationals playing, from what I can remember, in the double header against Ulster.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 12:42pm

Rounds 3 & 4 in 2018-19 we had all our internationals playing, from what I can remember, in the double header against Ulster.
Yes but wasn't that then a break added further down the line. They finished with Wales on the Saturday, they probably came for training with scarletssl for 3 days before after being away for 6 weeks.
This time they are gone for longer... Similar to world cup where they will likely miss first two rounds (unless they miss the games towards the end of the season). It's going to be interesting to see how it pans out but it's been discussed for weeks for us to prepare for the season ahead without them for over half the season. We have the internationals less this year it seems than last year. I will be pleasantly surprised if we have them straight after the championship, but I can't see it at all. And if we do it will be for 2 league games and 2 European games. Then they'll be off until end of march again. Unless the 6N is moved. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 5678>
  Share Topic