Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets & Dragons to play on Friday

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 4:18pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Is there a way for the regions to make a few bob from streaming these games or does it cost them? I'd love to see a few more as the season moves forward
Which games would you want streamed?
I was thinking about games just like this one - teams made up of players just below the radar who never seem to get much rugby (granted there were quite a few first team players on show today). Not sure how feasible that is.

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 16 October 2020 at 4:19pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that. A great way to spend Friday lunchtime. Is there a way for the regions to make a few bob from streaming these games or does it cost them? I'd love to see a few more as the season moves forward - great to see the rest of the squad get some games.
How was the 1400 Zoom meeting?
Went quite well thanks Steve. I kept my bottle of Stella just below the desk though. Smile
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 4:23pm

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that. A great way to spend Friday lunchtime. Is there a way for the regions to make a few bob from streaming these games or does it cost them? I'd love to see a few more as the season moves forward - great to see the rest of the squad get some games.
Went quite well thanks Steve. I kept my bottle of Stella just below the desk though. Smile
👍

What no coffee mug to hand?Wink
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 5:15pm
Looks a good value addition fixture.

Brew pace is interesting. In the 2011 RWC squad he, Scott, Halfpenny and North were the paciest. Time catches up with everyone I guess.

Although on the meet the coaches Crys event they did say Brew has only been in training for 10 days.

So he might be blowing a few cobwebs off the hammies there, much like myself when in my pomp. Took me a few weeks to be back to 'rapid'.

Boy, when I think back if I could have only harnessed that pace with basic ability, a rugby brain, directional sense, a restrained response to being tackled and a gaping shortfall in my kicking and passing game, I'd have made it I tell ya.

Edited by Wil Chips - 16 October 2020 at 5:38pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 5:36pm
We see a Carwyn Tuipolotu stepping off the bus before a game and I can just hear my old Uni coach saying to me and the other back rowers...'right lads, remember now... always go low ok?'
...and all of us thinking, oh aye, no problem, right in to the spokes...you must be joking ..no chance bud...

Guy looks a right specimen.

Edited by Wil Chips - 16 October 2020 at 5:38pm
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 6:25pm
More positives than negatives. Some sharpness shown by the backs at last. That should build some confidence in the squad. An enjoyable affair for Scarlets fans, not so much for the Dragons but well done both clubs for getting it streamed.
What's going on?
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 7:00pm

👍

Very crafty. I see you've been down this route already. Smile
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 8:05pm

Good workout and a lot of positives. It was nice to us looking to play the Scarlets way , with pace and tempo and players suited to that style .
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 8:53pm

👍

Very crafty. I see you've been down this route already. Smile
 Only in a sporting setting.
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 8:54pm
Btw, any comparison between Louis Carbonel, the small, young, 10 for Toulon and Sam Costelow?

Deft feet, good kicking, small in stature but courageous in defence.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 8:59pm

I was thinking that during that first half , very similar in style and stature .
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2020 at 9:07pm
It was nice to see that the introduction of Homer and Costelow, in particular, really livened up our back play, and presented the Dragons with new problems that they hadn't been coached to prevent. This is not to take away from all the other young players who made positive contributions in the limited time they had on the pitch. Same goes for Prydie (who I'm afraid to admit that I'd almost forgotten about) Rob,Sebastian and Brew.
The only real negatives were our still sub-standard lineout and our "ability" to lose possession in good attacking positions through minor infringements and fumbles.
Today, for once, we actually seemed to gain more from the ref's decisions.
Oh, If only we'd had even a zero gain impact from Murphy and his
assistants" on the weekend.
Still there's no use crying over spilt beer so let's just make sure we give them less excuse for penalising us in future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic