Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Sam Lousi

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by insidehalf insidehalf wrote:

Does the friendly against the Dragons count as one of Sam's 4 game ban, same as our friendly against the Ospreys counted as one of George North's ban?
Yes. Personally find it ridiculous but certainly won’t complain! 
I think Sam’s ban was in weeks so the status of that Dragons game or any others would be immaterial. 

Not sure re George’s ban, although I think I recall x meaningful games.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 9:56am
Originally posted by insidehalf insidehalf wrote:

Does the friendly against the Dragons count as one of Sam's 4 game ban, same as our friendly against the Ospreys counted as one of George North's ban?
If so then it should. Looking forward to the 3 friendlies this week against Felinfoel, Bynea and New Dock Stars LOLLOL
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 11:57am
He had a 4 week ban not 4 matches. He misses 3 league games and a friendly within that 4 weeks. If there were 4 league games, he'd have missed 4 league games within the 4 week period... If there was only 1 game, he'd have missed one game. The pros and cons of having suspensions in weeks not games. 
N14 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote N14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 12:11pm
The bans should always be in games not weeks imo. However, it works in our favour on this occasion so I won't grumble
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 12:48pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

He had a 4 week ban not 4 matches. He misses 3 league games and a friendly within that 4 weeks. If there were 4 league games, he'd have missed 4 league games within the 4 week period... If there was only 1 game, he'd have missed one game. The pros and cons of having suspensions in weeks not games. 

Good point that.
Scarlets!!!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 12:50pm
I like the weeks as it covers all competitions.

As an aside, I assume there is a pause on the weeks when there is no rugby? So if this happened in the last match of a normal ending season, the fallow weeks wouldn't count?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

As an aside, I assume there is a pause on the weeks when there is no rugby? So if this happened in the last match of a normal ending season, the fallow weeks wouldn't count?
Sam Lousi only missed 1 game of his previous red card due to covid. Irish player had a month suspension for failing a drug test... He missed 1 game. Normal ending season, the ban will carry on. But I think then it will include preseason friendlies then as well. Not 100% though. 
Dylan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dylan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2020 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Joe Marler had a 10 week ban for grabbing AWJ's balls.  He didn't miss a single game
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2020 at 6:22pm
The whole system is really poor. I'm pretty confident you can take 3 moderately intelligent people off of this forum or any rugby forum and they could come up with a more consistent and fair framework. It's embarrassing for a professional sport to be run in this manner. 
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2020 at 9:26am
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

The whole system is really poor. I'm pretty confident you can take 3 moderately intelligent people off of this forum or any rugby forum and they could come up with a more consistent and fair framework. It's embarrassing for a professional sport to be run in this manner. 
100% agree. When you see some of the decisions in all sports, some of which are baffling without any way to find out the thought process, its so frustrating.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic