Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pieter Scholtz on way ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 8:35am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Must admit I feel for the coaches. Barely any time to get together and build a new style before everyone goes. A bizarre pre-season ahead of that when we were a dropped ball away from beating Toulon away. It must be hard to get anything in place. Leinster have been lucky as they have an established coach, squad and playing style. Tough start.

Look everyone is in the same boat. Ulster, Connacht, Munster & even the Blues are looking far better teams than us at the moment. We are lacking in so many areas and many basic skills such as aligning and passing.

Except they have an established coaching team in place. I'm not making excuses for them but I'm certainly not thinking they need to be sacked.
Totally agree. Need patience and time. We should have beaten Toulon and Munster and if we had, then we would have had a lot more confidence in the games that followed. 
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 8:45am

Must admit I feel for the coaches. Barely any time to get together and build a new style before everyone goes. A bizarre pre-season ahead of that when we were a dropped ball away from beating Toulon away. It must be hard to get anything in place. Leinster have been lucky as they have an established coach, squad and playing style. Tough start.

Look everyone is in the same boat. Ulster, Connacht, Munster & even the Blues are looking far better teams than us at the moment. We are lacking in so many areas and many basic skills such as aligning and passing.

Except they have an established coaching team in place. I'm not making excuses for them but I'm certainly not thinking they need to be sacked.

Not having an established coaching team is a bit of a red herring. Kelly & Franks have replaced Cunningham, the rest are in their 2nd years. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 8:47am

Not having an established coaching team is a bit of a red herring. Kelly & Franks have replaced Cunningham, the rest are in their 2nd years. 

Whilst I agree, you have to remember there has still been a change in terms of structure with Glenn moving upwards. Don't get me wrong, if things haven't improved this time next year then heads will need to roll but for now I think we keep blooding the youngsters to see what they can do. I can't see us winning a match until Boxing Day mind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 8:55am

Whilst I agree, you have to remember there has still been a change in terms of structure with Glenn moving upwards. Don't get me wrong, if things haven't improved this time next year then heads will need to roll but for now I think we keep blooding the youngsters to see what they can do. I can't see us winning a match until Boxing Day mind.

I cannot see there being a nuclear option of getting rid of the coaches mid season. However I do think that the Board will be sharing the real concerns felt by us supporters. I cannot see us being very competitive against Connacht, Ulster & Leinster in all honesty - any points would be welcome. If I see our young guys being given and taking their chances that will do me for now. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:30am

I cannot see there being a nuclear option of getting rid of the coaches mid season. However I do think that the Board will be sharing the real concerns felt by us supporters. I cannot see us being very competitive against Connacht, Ulster & Leinster in all honesty - any points would be welcome. If I see our young guys being given and taking their chances that will do me for now. 

I watched the 2nd half of Ulster's game last night,and there's certainly a lot to be wary of there.Connacht's game was cancelled,of course:not sure whether that will have any bearing.Connacht have never been an easy side to beat,particularly out there.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I watched the 2nd half of Ulster's game last night,and there's certainly a lot to be wary of there.Connacht's game was cancelled,of course:not sure whether that will have any bearing.Connacht have never been an easy side to beat,particularly out there.

Aye & given its Connacht in November it's likely to be blowing a hoolie so I'd fully expect to see Dinky at 10.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:50am

Exactly as I said in my post. Few teams have a totally new coaching set up.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 10:04am

Exactly as I said in my post. Few teams have a totally new coaching set up.

Kelly excepted,our coaches are in their second season together.Whiffen's role deserves scrutiny,I think.Delaney knows him from Irish,presumably,where Whiffen joined as an analyst before taking on an academy role.He then headed up Gloucester's academy before coming here.He seems to have been effective in player development,but his current job is a departure from his previous work and would/does present different challenges.
ScarletMagpie67 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletMagpie67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 5:38pm
Ooh you’ve done it now , you’re not allowed to have an alternative view to the regulars of SF 😂😂😂
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by ScarletMagpie67 ScarletMagpie67 wrote:

Ooh you’ve done it now , you’re not allowed to have an alternative view to the regulars of SF 😂😂😂

There's plenty of regulars on here,and plenty of different views....don't know anything about yours,except that you think the forum is an "embarrassment".Can't keep away,though,can you?

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 10 November 2020 at 6:13pm
ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:25pm
Is he available or ready to face Connacht Saturday?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:30pm
Originally posted by ChrisX ChrisX wrote:

no
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 9:34pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

no

Who are we talking about? 
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 10:02pm

Apart form Ulster, Cardiff and Connacht haven't lost as many players
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

no

Who are we talking about? 
Suspect it’s the title of the thread.

It’d be good to know when he is ready and available for selection.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 November 2020 at 11:15pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletMagpie67 ScarletMagpie67 wrote:

There's plenty of regulars on here,and plenty of different views....don't know anything about yours,except that you think the forum is an "embarrassment".Can't keep away,though,can you?

You can’t have different views on here. Years ago it was much more relaxed on here with lots of good humour. It’s become too serious now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic