Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Vs Georgia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 10:10am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Let's hope it's not Covid cancelled or they may award the win to Georgia.😵

Speaking of which Fijis match against Italy has now been cancelled as their Covid cases rise to 29 in their playing & coaching group.
Sponsored Links

surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 11:19am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Speaking of which Fijis match against Italy has now been cancelled as their Covid cases rise to 29 in their playing & coaching group.

Tex won't be back in a hurry then!!
Joshua24:15
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 11:29am

So was the Fiji France "score" of 29-0 actually determined by the Covid cases in each playing and coaching group?

That's sort of funny but sets a slightly poor taste precedent for sports matches if that's how they will be decided!

I am assuming it was coincidence or a one-off. They should just cancel games IMO, it's not being done deliberately. 

Edited by dr_martinov - 18 November 2020 at 11:30am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 11:33am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

So was the Fiji France "score" of 29-0 actually determined by the Covid cases in each playing and coaching group?

That's sort of funny but sets a slightly poor taste precedent for sports matches if that's how they will be decided!

I am assuming it was coincidence or a one-off. They should just cancel games IMO, it's not being done deliberately. 

The score in any cancelled match due to covid is 28-0 giving the winning team a bonus point victory. Last week's game was off due to 6 positive cases which have swelled to 29 this week. Not surprising really when they are all part of the same bubble. Fiji may as well disband & sent their players back to their teams to begin self isolation. 
scarletabroad View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 11:38am
How can they their positive they cant travel anywhere, they surely have to isolate until all are free
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

The score in any cancelled match due to covid is 28-0 giving the winning team a bonus point victory. Last week's game was off due to 6 positive cases which have swelled to 29 this week. Not surprising really when they are all part of the same bubble. Fiji may as well disband & sent their players back to their teams to begin self isolation. 

Ah right, just coincidence then. Fine if just for a friendly tournament but hope it doesn't count to their rankings. Doesn't quite seem right if it does.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 11:46am
I fully expect us to lose again
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 11:53am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

As do I & looking further forward the England match could well be a cricket score. Ouch
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 12:34pm

As do I & looking further forward the England match could well be a cricket score. Ouch

Damage limitation at best sadly
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 1:01pm

Half of Georgia’s team are semi pros
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 1:51pm
well win sat but we won't beat England,

I have my doubts we would have beaten Fiji , if we get Italy home we will win

If it is in rome I would expect them to beat us at the moment
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

That about sums it up RR. It is inconceivable that we lose to Georgia. That would be beyond any depths we have sunk to before. It is not going to be pleasant viewing seeing the England team celebrating a comfortable victory at PYS of all places. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 2:52pm

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

That about sums it up RR. It is inconceivable that we lose to Georgia. That would be beyond any depths we have sunk to before. It is not going to be pleasant viewing seeing the England team celebrating a comfortable victory at PYS of all places. 

Bloody hell I forgot that!!
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2020 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Half of Georgia’s team are semi pros
So were romania's in 88.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 7:56am
So WOL are trailing a possible starting backline of :-
9. Hardy 10. Sheedy 11. LRZ 12. Johnny 13. Tompkins 14. McNichol 15. Liam. 

Of course if we select an experienced front 5 who will get the job done & put us on the front foot our inexperience behind will not cost us the game and may unearth some starters for England. The warning which Wil has made quite clearly is that if they get the pack wrong this could end badly. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 8:19am

So WOL are trailing a possible starting backline of :-
9. Hardy 10. Sheedy 11. LRZ 12. Johnny 13. Tompkins 14. McNichol 15. Liam. 

Of course if we select an experienced front 5 who will get the job done & put us on the front foot our inexperience behind will not cost us the game and may unearth some starters for England. The warning which Wil has made quite clearly is that if they get the pack wrong this could end badly. 

Based on the fact that they've said the only players to keep their starting place are Tipuric & Sanjay, I'd guess the front 5 will be Wyn Jones, Dee, Samson, Ball & another lock.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic