Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dan Davies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 8:00am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Finances do not allow us to keep all our talent & covid means that we cannot give everyone enough opportunity. It is soul destroying for a professional athlete to train all week, live an athletes lifestyle and not get to perform. 

Dan will probably leave and I will blame nobody for that. He will flourish at the Ospreys & will push Jac Morgan all the way for a senior call up. 
Agree. If he is to leave all the best... But I do see in the future Jac Morgan, Dan Davis and Josh Macleod lining up together. All with the ability to play 6,7,8.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 8:32am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Finances do not allow us to keep all our talent & covid means that we cannot give everyone enough opportunity. It is soul destroying for a professional athlete to train all week, live an athletes lifestyle and not get to perform. 

Dan will probably leave and I will blame nobody for that. He will flourish at the Ospreys & will push Jac Morgan all the way for a senior call up. 
Agree. If he is to leave all the best... But I do see in the future Jac Morgan, Dan Davis and Josh Macleod lining up together. All with the ability to play 6,7,8.

Dan strikes me as a 6 in the making, however there is a part of me wondering if the rumours have surfaced because Shingler is now on the comeback trail as previously it was thought he wouldn't be back at all...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 8:42am
Don't see Dan as a 6 at all. He is, for me, an out and out 7 with pace and hands. Of all our 7's currently I think Josh could be the best 6 but even he is not in the Aaron, Blade or Kennedy mould. I still see Josh as a real effective 8 along the lines of Navidi. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 10:07am
Don’t see either Jac or Dan as a 6 personally. Would love for Dan to stay however I wouldn’t blame anyone if he did leave. I wonder if loaning him to the Ospreys could be an option, would strengthen their options for the season while allowing us to keep him on our books in case something changes next season.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 10:12am

Don't see Dan as a 6 at all. He is, for me, an out and out 7 with pace and hands. Of all our 7's currently I think Josh could be the best 6 but even he is not in the Aaron, Blade or Kennedy mould. I still see Josh as a real effective 8 along the lines of Navidi. 

Dan certainly an out and out 7,but what's he like at the break-down?Short-term,Cubby -in spite of being nowhere near his best-would still probably get the nod for his ability in that area?That's where I would have liked to see more of Dan.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 10:18am
With Cubby seemingly unsuited to International rugby, anyone think he might take a year or two out away from us & maybe play elsewhere...as in abroad?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 10:33am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

With Cubby seemingly unsuited to International rugby, anyone think he might take a year or two out away from us & maybe play elsewhere...as in abroad?

Quite possibly. If you are under 60 caps and not in the Wales squad the salary guidance is relatively low at a time where English and French team’s interest would spike ( based on no international call up conflicts).
I expect a notable amount of guys will be eyeing this.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 10:34am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Quite possibly. If you are under 60 caps and not in the Wales squad the salary guidance is relatively low at a time where English and French team’s interest would spike ( based on no international call up conflicts).
I expect a notable amount of guys will be eyeing this.

He does seem the type who would relish a year or 2 abroad & would go well. 

Scarlet Emperor View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Emperor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

This will always happen when we have such depth at 7, we have him, Cubby, Josh, Jac. 
have we given him a chance to see how he has progressed? cubbys best days are behind him and age is not on his side,dan was outstanding last year with great performances against top sides.
 Agree with you both but wouldn’t it be better to loan these players out rather than just let them go? I realise we have depth there but we quite often go down to 3rd string in the season. I suppose if he’s out of contract it’s his choice.
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2020 at 1:56pm
Article yesterday in the South Wales Argus about the Drags having all their contracts sorted .
Wonder how this is possible?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic