Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Georgia teams

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales v Georgia teams
    Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:03pm
15 Liam Williams
14 Johnny McNicholl
13 Nick Tompkins
12 Johnny Williams
11 Louis Rees-Zammit
10 Callum Sheedy
9 Kieran Hardy
8 Aaron Wainwright
7 Justin Tipuric
6 James Botham
5 Seb Davies
4 Jake Ball
3 Samson Lee
2 Elliot Dee
1 Wyn Jones

Subs: Parry, Smith, Brown, Hill, Ja. Davies, Webb, Lloyd & Holmes

Bold denotes debut caps

Edited by Fscarlet - 19 November 2020 at 12:04pm
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:06pm
Well that's certainly a pacy back line full of runners.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:19pm
A new look side, get some excitement back in the team. 
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:48pm
According to Wiki ( stop scoffing at the back) Ioan Lloyd is 6’10” and 28 stone 7 lbs.  
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 12:57pm
Back row is a little lightweight for me but beggars can't be chooser.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Back row is a little lightweight for me but beggars can't be chooser.

I agree - back 5 is a bit lightweight. I would have gone for Lewis-Hughes at 6 - why rush Botham in when, in all fairness, he wouldn't have been called up if Ollie Griffiths and Basham had been available. Its the usual muddled selection I expect from Pivac. Why Dee starting instead of Parry? Why haven't Patchell & North been released back before now? 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:16pm
Congratulations to new Scarlets caps Kieran hardy and Johnny Williams - well deserved, especially Kieran, who has been knocking on the door for a while, now.

Good to see Johnny Mac getting another cap, after his unfortunate injury experiences...

7 Scarlets start - well done to all - and Cubby on the bench. Hope they all get a chance to star - at least, the front 5 looks meaty, and if they win enough ball the backs should  have the pace to do something with it.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by EJPT EJPT wrote:

A new look side, get some excitement back in the team. 
This "team" has never played together have only just been introduced to each other and are short of meaningful games of rugby, they will do well to produce an acceptable performance.  As for excitement I don't think that is the object of the exercise, a win is paramount, the excitement can wait until the game is in the bag.
Keep the faith
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Congratulations to new Scarlets caps Kieran hardy and Johnny Williams - well deserved, especially Kieran, who has been knocking on the door for a while, now.

Good to see Johnny Mac getting another cap, after his unfortunate injury experiences...

7 Scarlets start - well done to all - and Cubby on the bench. Hope they all get a chance to star - at least, the front 5 looks meaty, and if they win enough ball the backs should  have the pace to do something with it.

Thereby hangs the tale Aber. Is our pack good enough to get clean quick ball. Back 5 look a little lightweight to me against a Georgia team that will just love a stop start, loads of set piece type of game. 
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 1:41pm
Interesting seletction for Pivac, maybe dont select the senatori could be' the Winner key for coach 
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 7:45pm
Apart from Adams for Mcnichol, that would be my 1st choice 10 through 15. Big front 5, small BR. i think he has chosen the 3 smallest plsyers avsilable to him there.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 8:48pm
I’m struggling to see the hype with Wainwright. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2020 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

I’m struggling to see the hype with Wainwright. 
Ball in hand he’s brilliant. Other areas need work for him to oust the regulars. To be honest, Faletau has not been himself in the previous games. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2020 at 5:50am
With these games the players selected in the backs all look to be better than their opposite numbers on paper, maybe except at 9, where the Georgians have drafted in Lobzhandidze, the Brive SH. Decent player.

However the packs look a closer match. Not surprised Pivac has opted for Wyn and Samson as they are up against a very good and highly experienced Georgian front row, all playing top flight Top 14 or Super rugby.

The rest of the Georgian pack are more than handy too. Even the 2 guys who don't play top flight are huge. A 6'4' 17 stone flanker...Iesgyrn.

I'm sorry to be gloomy, but I fancy a poor standard game, with an edgy one score win for Wales, and very few positives to take away.

I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Edited by Wil Chips - 20 November 2020 at 6:14am
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2020 at 6:38am
perhaps a loss to georgia and then england would shake up the muppets running welsh rugby and lead to an in depth look into how it is run from top to bottom,i won't hold my breath.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2020 at 8:15am
If, & I am not saying this will happen, everything clicks & we win this well & the back look good, there will be a lot of clamour on them to start against England next weekend. I'm not sure how many of them I would pick to start against a very good England team.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic