Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

European campaign

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: European campaign
    Posted: 22 November 2020 at 8:59am
I have already written off this season's chances due to enforced structure of our season. It appears that many of our star players - Liam, McNichol, Foxy & Patchell will be lucky to feature in our first game. Frankly only one of them has shown any sort of form this season and that really is only one game for Johnny. All 4 should have been allowed to play for us over the past 3/4 games instead of being rushed back into action. It is no surprise that guys like Hardy & Johnny Williams, who have had no real fitness issues, had strong games yesterday.

Lets hope that Wyn, Ryan, Samson & Jake come back to us in one piece so at least our forward effort will be strong with Louisi, Blade, Sione and Jac Morgan joining them with Rob, Taylor, Javan, Tex ( hopefully) & Kennedy on the bench. 
Sponsored Links

ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 November 2020 at 12:20pm
We have at least 2 international fixtures to get through before I can start thinking of Europe. 

I hope that we use a bit of both, some players have really put their hands up and dont deserve to be 'dropped' simply because someone like Fox is back, if fit.

We all know Liam, Foxy, Cubby, Patchell need game time. 
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:50am
do we realistically believe we will have any of our welsh players for the bath game and then toulon? only 7 days after the last international (who we dont know who will have yet). 
if we lose to england as i expect does that mean we are down the bottom of this tournement and then may have fiji who cant play any games, therefore weekend off?  or am i missing something.

Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:56am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

do we realistically believe we will have any of our welsh players for the bath game and then toulon? only 7 days after the last international (who we dont know who will have yet). 
if we lose to england as i expect does that mean we are down the bottom of this tournement and then may have fiji who cant play any games, therefore weekend off?  or am i missing something.

Would any of them get into our side?😋
Keep the faith
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 9:58am

No, we will play Italy as they will be the 3rd placed team in the other pool.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 10:12am
thanks fscarlet, just checked now. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 10:14am

thanks fscarlet, just checked now. 

Mind they are in good form the Italians, in the last 12 months or so they have drawn 0-0 with New Zealand & beaten Fiji 28-0.... their defence has certainly stepped up LOL
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 10:26am
You are joking,  but some federals believe this is true...
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 10:42am
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

You are joking,  but some federals believe this is true...

Haha it's in the record books.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 10:53am
I think it all hinges on this weekend really, we need Wyn, Samson & Jake to come through unscathed as I don't think they will feature in the final game against Italy. I'm going to be hiding behind the sofa Saturday afternoon I think!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 11:56am
lets hope so Fscarlet. how is foxey? will they risk him on saturday? would rather the centres from saturday have another go. johnny mcnicholl probably out  for england game but hopefully ok for us (selfish) and with adams coming back with liam and halfpenny thats probably back 3 done.
would like pivac to pick as many non scarlets for these games (even more selfish). 

RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 12:06pm

lets hope so Fscarlet. how is foxey? will they risk him on saturday? would rather the centres from saturday have another go. johnny mcnicholl probably out  for england game but hopefully ok for us (selfish) and with adams coming back with liam and halfpenny thats probably back 3 done.
would like pivac to pick as many non scarlets for these games (even more selfish). 

if he's done his rib cartilage hell be out for a while, it's very painful and really limits your mobility

I'd guess well go with

halfpenny liam stef
jonny w foxy
patchell Cawdor

wyn elias lee
ball louisi
blade sione and morgan

If everyone is fit although asquith  hardy conibeer   McLeod and rob evans will all be in the mix as well

Edited by RR1972 - 23 November 2020 at 12:10pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 12:09pm

I'm not sure, but whether he is fit or not, I'd be inclined to give the 2 centres from Saturday a game because we need to start planning for not having the likes of Foxy, Biggar etc. I don't think Sanjay can play given the stitches he has had so I think it will be something like:

Wyn, Dee, Lee
Ball, AWJ
Wainwright, Navidi, Faletau (going on Tipuric being unavailable).
L.Williams, Sheedy
J.Williams, Tompkins
Adams, Halfpenny, Ree-Zammit

Though I do think he will parachute North in there somehow.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

if he's done his rib cartilage hell be out for a while, it's very painful and really limits your mobility

I'd guess well go with

halfpenny liam stef
jonny w foxy
patchell Cawdor

wyn elias lee
ball louisi
blade sione and morgan

If everyone is fit although asquith  hardy conibeer   McLeod and rob evans will all be in the mix as well

Rib cartilage  injuries are screaming agony for a week, then really painful for the next week and then sore for a third week. And that should be the end of the injury. However in Johnny's case its apparently a recurrence of a previous injury so he may be out for rather longer.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I'd guess well go with

halfpenny liam stef
jonny w foxy
patchell Cawdor

wyn elias lee
ball louisi
blade sione and morgan

Don't see Foxy making the European games. In reality at the moment I would pick Asquith & Tyler ahead of him on form even if he is fit. Likewise Patchell has it all to do to be ready. I would start with Costelow. He knows no fear and plays what is ahead of him especially if we have Halfpenny to take the pressure of him with goalkicking. 
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2020 at 8:00pm
What sort of sport is set up so that clubs elite players aren't around to play in the elite tournament, and instead are off playing international friendlies against barely pro nations. It's embarrassing for the sport.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic