Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster v Scarlets match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Originally posted by John John wrote:

Is there still a citing system in this league? Just asking a general question.....
I’m pretty sure there is, however as others have noted I’ve no idea if they can deal with incidents that were managed on the pitch, or just incidents that the match officials missed. 
I think they can cite a person if the 'on field' sanction was too low, e.g. if a player got a yellow but it should have been a red, then I believe he can be cited and the original decision overruled.  I doubt if it will happen in this case though as the Irish officials (in Boris' words) will form squares around their TMO.
A citing would by-pass the cabale of colleagues in green and head straight to an independent panel of Scots, or even SA which would give them something to do while not being involved team wise. In fact, why not hand all the sanctions over to a panel of SA folk, maybe even the TMO stuff too until they start playing again.

Anyway, nearer to home, I’d be very interested to know Airdaa’s take on this. I’ve completely forgotten if he’s already agreed with us or not commented. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 5:14pm
In my view Piardi did a good match. He missed the control in two situation, one the red card and other in the occasion of Moore faults in our attacking maule. He collapsed voluntary the maul.
In my view both werent technical errors but "timore reverenziale" , referential fear?, of other irish refs.
As italian refs in last years had few occasions to guide a match and maybe he didnt want fail his occasion.
Surely we will see him more from now...Wink

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 5:53pm

Is there still a citing system in this league? Just asking a general question.....

Yes there is a voting system in this league, it’s sole purpose is to look at any indiscretions against Irish teams onlyWink.

On this point, we’ve had Best 15s etc and other questions during lockdown to keep us interested and out of mischief, I suggest a new one.
Top 10 Biggest injustices whilst playing against the Irish provinces or at the hand of Irish officials (this should be easy WinkLOL). I’ll put it in the quiz questions in general rugby.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Yes there is a voting system in this league, it’s sole purpose is to look at any indiscretions against Irish teams onlyWink.

On this point, we’ve had Best 15s etc and other questions during lockdown to keep us interested and out of mischief, I suggest a new one.
Top 10 Biggest injustices whilst playing against the Irish provinces or at the hand of Irish officials (this should be easy WinkLOL). I’ll put it in the quiz questions in general rugby.
Great idea! Hours of fun.
christaff View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote christaff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2020 at 11:13pm
And guess who the chosen tmo for Wales England on sat is. You cannot make this crap up. How to reward incompetence. 
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 8:19am
You can’t make this up could you?
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 8:50am
Luckily we will have a more experienced referee in Romain Poite overseeing things.
dhw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dhw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 10:37am
Not the first time Treadwell to use this tactic. https://cdn.thejournal.ie/media/2020/01/click-here-if-you-cannot-view-the-clip-above-625.mp4. His behaviour after the hit reminded me of Gavin Henson when he took Garan Evans out at Stradey .

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 11:06am
To anyone, the very few, who think that Kalamafoni isn't doing anything...

97 tackles made - highest in the league
71 carries made - 3rd highest in the league
5 defenders beaten on round 7 of the league - highest for the round.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Sione has been the epitome of what a good NWQ signing should be. Available, gives his all & disciplined. Please read for reference Sam & Tex. 
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 11:34am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Sione has been the epitome of what a good NWQ signing should be. Available, gives his all & disciplined. Please read for reference Sam & Tex. 
Think thats very harsh yes their discipline is not the best but they both seem to give all for the cause when they play. Treadwell who took Javan out could have been described as having bad discipline but he had a friend in TMO box. though I have been very impressed with Kalamafoni. 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 11:34am
Sione has been brilliant for us, imo he has been our stand out player this season
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 11:40am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Think thats very harsh yes their discipline is not the best but they both seem to give all for the cause when they play. Treadwell who took Javan out could have been described as having bad discipline but he had a friend in TMO box. though I have been very impressed with Kalamafoni. 

How on earth is it harsh. Available and disciplined sometimes go hand in hand. I am not questioning the efforts of Sam & Tex but their all round discipline is a disgrace. In Sam's case I would question whether he would be worth re-signing. How is it worth signing NWQ players at decent salaries when they concede penalties/territory & spend weeks unavailable during a season due to discipline. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 11:42am
A great signing.Comparisons with Lyons are spot on.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 11:42am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Sione has been brilliant for us, imo he has been our stand out player this season
Yes, I totally agree. If we're looking for an example of what we want from a player, he's the guy. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 11:43am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Yes, I totally agree. If we're looking for an example of what we want from a player, he's the guy. 

Him & Cassiem over the last 2 seasons show what we need from our NWQ players.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1819202122>
  Share Topic