Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ulster v Scarlets match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 12:14pm
Here's the Ulster coach saying Javan "leads with his head into the contact"

https://twitter.com/muffer130/status/1330639275046678530

The league is corrupt. It is bent. We need to get out of it asap.
Sponsored Links

ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 12:20pm
well done Sione, great stats, keep up the good work, top signing for us
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 12:24pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

Here's the Ulster coach saying Javan "leads with his head into the contact"

https://twitter.com/muffer130/status/1330639275046678530

The league is corrupt. It is bent. We need to get out of it asap.
That comment was disappointing for a coach . They usually sit on the fence and say that they “didn’t see it “and “ will have a look “ ( what for escapes me mind!) , but he added in a justification which was ridiculous and he let himself down and came over as disingenuous. 
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 12:56pm
“Leading with the head” is the dumb comment. Javan had someone tackling him from behind and Treadwell got a clean dirty hit into his head. There was no leading with the head. 

Edited by EJPT - 25 November 2020 at 12:58pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

Have a read of the ulster forum.saying that sione high tackled coetzee. And then shoulder charged him a couple of mins later.also trying their best to agree with the tmo it was a nothing shoulder charge.as I day.if any of ours had don't it they would be tamping

There's their answer. Shoulder charges are now illegal.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Sione has been brilliant for us, imo he has been our stand out player this season
Yes, I totally agree. If we're looking for an example of what we want from a player, he's the guy. 

Him & Cassiem over the last 2 seasons show what we need from our NWQ players.

Add the following to that list, Werner, and initially J Mc and Hadleigh.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 1:22pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Sione has been brilliant for us, imo he has been our stand out player this season
Yes, I totally agree. If we're looking for an example of what we want from a player, he's the guy. 

Him & Cassiem over the last 2 seasons show what we need from our NWQ players.

Add the following to that list, Werner, and initially J Mc and Hadleigh.

Very much so. Werner has been very good for us, as have the other 2.
Bys Meri Ann View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bys Meri Ann Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 10:41pm
Not only is there no citing forthcoming, the Pro14 have picked Kieran Treadwell in their Team of the Week! 
The league is so Irish-centric I don't think they're aware they're being insensitive. 3 Ulster forwards in the team of the week, no sign of Jac Morgan or Kalamafoni.

ChrisX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ChrisX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2020 at 11:14pm
stick the Pro 14 team of the week on Sundays dressing room door and lets go
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 2:48pm
Just watched the game last night on Clic (thanks to however recommended that to me).

The red card should have been given to Ulster, but thought their 2nd yellow was harsh.

I love Ed Kennedy. His passion to win is excellent.

Who partnered Drake at lock? Was it Lousi or Price? They were really good together.
Scarlets before Wales
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 3:21pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Just watched the game last night on Clic (thanks to however recommended that to me).

The red card should have been given to Ulster, but thought their 2nd yellow was harsh.

Who partnered Drake at lock? Was it Lousi or Price? They were really good together.

Jac Price
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 3:44pm
 Jac Price made 19 tackles.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Jac Price made 19 tackles.

Looking a fine prospect to be fair. 
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 3:49pm

The two young locks have been outstanding !!!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 4:38pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Jac Price

I thought so, but the article I read said he was on the bench and Lousi starting. Cheers.
Scarlets before Wales
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2020 at 4:43pm

Anyone got an interview with Danny Drake. I know Jac Price is a Quins product, and that DD hails from NZ. But I also seem to remember he is WQ. He was born in London according to wiki, to a Welsh mother?
Scarlets before Wales
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 19202122>
  Share Topic