Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

North Knee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: North Knee
    Posted: 05 December 2020 at 9:45pm
Looks like George North is likely to be cited for a knee to the head of one of the Italians. Id say having seen it quite a ban as well
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2020 at 9:59pm
How do you know this?
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2020 at 10:18pm
I don’t it’s my opinion have you seen the video surely a citing a knee to the head is very serious the vid is out and about and world rugby have to do something north has already been banned this year
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2020 at 10:32pm
Put a link to the video on here then
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2020 at 10:38pm
It was on Twitter I’ll try find it 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2020 at 11:32pm
Didn’t he jump for the ball and the Italian made contact with his high knee? It didn’t quite seem right at the time but I moved on as it seems you get penalties and cards for all sorts these days. The game is a mess on all this yet alone the consistency aspect, what about Sanjays swinging  arm to the head? I’ve seen reds for similar yet not even a penalty. Confused I am 🤔 

Edited by reesytheexile - 05 December 2020 at 11:33pm
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 7:41am
Don't recall the George incident but i thought Liam was lucky not to get a card for that clear out. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 8:32am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Don't recall the George incident but i thought Liam was lucky not to get a card for that clear out. 
when do you find out about citings?i said last night that sanjay was lucky and at times i think his frustrations boil over and he tries to do too much.
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 9:20am
I cant find it now but the incident happened when north was on his feet and an Italian was hanging onto him north then swung a knee and made contact with the Italians head 

I’m
Pretty sure citings need to be done within 48 hours of the game finishing
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 9:48am
Ive just got the clip i screen recorded it to my iPhone but cant work out how to post it here 

Its on the good the bad and the rugby page on Facebook either that or I can whatsapp it to someone to post here
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 1:06pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Ive just got the clip i screen recorded it to my iPhone but cant work out how to post it here 

Its on the good the bad and the rugby page on Facebook either that or I can whatsapp it to someone to post here
This should work.

Edited by Jones2004 - 06 December 2020 at 1:07pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 2:01pm
Doesn't look good on George !!!!

Long ban if he's cited, it was straight to the Italians chin. Holding on by the Italian won't be accepted in mitigation, no matter how irritating it is when an opponent holds on beyond the tackle.
Airdaa View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airdaa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 2:28pm
 Not even a YC for either incident after the out cry about Kieran Tredawell and the TMO on this site I think considering Liam Williams previous history he should get full quota of weeks and George North’s knee to the head was a deliberate action no question of accidental contact. In Williams case you could argue that the strike to the head was more of an accident due to his badly judged dangerous clear out. Couldn’t believe that he went un penalised nor his team mate who ran in to attack an Italian player at the end of the incident.
If they are cited and cannot believe they won’t be it will be a bit of Karma.

Edited by Airdaa - 06 December 2020 at 3:09pm
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 3:13pm
Originally posted by Airdaa Airdaa wrote:

Not even a YC for either incident after the out cry about Kieran Tredawell and the TMO on this site I think considering Liam Williams previous history he should get full quota of weeks and George North’s knee to the head was a deliberate action no question of accidental contact. In Williams case you could argue that the strike to the head was more of an accident due to his badly judged dangerous clear out. Couldn’t believe that he went un penalised nor his team mate who ran in to attack an Italian player at the end of the incident.

Treadmill was guilty of a red card offense. 3 week ban.
There’s zero linkage and karma between that and Liam and North.
You seem to struggle to separate these issues.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Airdaa Airdaa wrote:

I think I’d trust neutral officials of Wayne Barnes and his TMO than some official employed by the same organisation as owns the side whose player is the accused. Add to that Macneice s deliberate persuasion of the neutral referee away from his red card verdict and there can be no comparison between the incidents.

Barnes said at the time that they’d looked at Liam Williams’s actions and there was no foul play. 
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 4:10pm
North
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic