Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

North Knee

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 4:16pm
Dangerous and deliberate needs a ban. I see ruck clearouts like Sanjays nearly every week in some games around the world, needs to be policed better. Players are flying in from all angles and it is dangerous, Sanjay made contact with the head if he is banned so be it, these rulings however are not consistent. 
Sponsored Links

Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 7:01pm
No real defense for North there. Pretty poor from one of the more experienced players, in a nothing game no less.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

No real defense for North there. Pretty poor from one of the more experienced players, in a nothing game no less.
wasn't his red card in a friendly?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

wasn't his red card in a friendly?
It was a dead rubber pro 14 game v Dragons 
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 8:40pm

Not much in it. Wish sanjay was binned hell likely be out for a good few weeks now😢

Edited by RR1972 - 06 December 2020 at 8:42pm
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2020 at 10:51pm
Lets keep some perspective he didnt exactly follow through with the knee jerk reaction. There is absolutely no way the italian player was hurt. 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2020 at 12:00am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Lets keep some perspective he didnt exactly follow through with the knee jerk reaction. There is absolutely no way the italian player was hurt. 
It was just foolish. The Italian just looked to the AR and pointed to his chin in moral outrage ! These niggles need to be better policed by officials as holding on seems to be more prevalent in causing friction now they dare not punch 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2020 at 8:12am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

It was just foolish. The Italian just looked to the AR and pointed to his chin in moral outrage ! These niggles need to be better policed by officials as holding on seems to be more prevalent in causing friction now they dare not punch 

Easy solution then, bring back punching!

I think we are seeing more pleas for action and even playacting in rugby now. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2020 at 8:21am
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Easy solution then, bring back punching!

I think we are seeing more pleas for action and even playacting in rugby now. 

Aye, I'll never forget Dan Biggar looking for the ref mid fall once when he was taken out in the air. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2020 at 8:24am
I liked it when the kick and chase evolved into kick and find someone to run into. 

Goes both ways, we all know that. Players meandering in the path of the chaser all the time with arms in the air. 

Not an easy sport to ref.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2020 at 8:32am
Appealing to the ref for yellows, massive whopping when the ref pings for you in the scrum. Awful developments of the modern game.

The hard thing for many here is that, certainly in my playing days anyways, if anyone carried on holding on to me 5-10 yds away from and after the contact point, a clip or a biff in the chops would be a reasonable response, almost expected, and certainly deserved.

Seen these cited and ignored. Who knows.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2020 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Appealing to the ref for yellows, massive whopping when the ref pings for you in the scrum. Awful developments of the modern game.

The hard thing for many here is that, certainly in my playing days anyways, if anyone carried on holding on to me 5-10 yds away from and after the contact point, a clip or a biff in the chops would be a reasonable response, almost expected, and certainly deserved.

Yes Wil far too much round ball habits creeping into the game. Both Liam and George could face citings. 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2020 at 8:39am

Yes & you were allowed to deal with players not rolling away yourself LOLLOL
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2020 at 9:24am
I think the refs should penalise players for the hollering and shouting in oppositions faces after winning a turnover or scrum penalty. Unfortunately Rob Evans is one of worst at this as is Itoje find the behaviour unsportsmanlike and childlike.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2020 at 9:54am
And against covid guidance, no shouting and singing.😋
Keep the faith
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2020 at 1:25pm

Fair comment - that Italian took North out miles from the ball - something that happens far too often nowadays, without being picked up by the  refs or assistants. North's 'retaliation' looked pretty flimsy - he may have pulled back on any power delivered - and the reaction from the Italian was a bit pitiful, TBH.

It shouldn't lead to any citing, IMO, given the 'lack of power' (© Irish TMOs) being applied.

We'll see.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic