Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

2023 Rugby World Cup Draw

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2023 Rugby World Cup Draw
    Posted: 14 December 2020 at 12:09pm
Pool A Pool B Pool C Pool D
New Zealand South Africa Wales England
France Ireland Australia  Japan
Italy Scotland Fiji Argentina
Americas 1 Europe 2 Europe 1 Oceania 1
Africa 1 Asia/Pacific 1 Qual Winner Americas 2

Edited by Fscarlet - 14 December 2020 at 12:14pm
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 12:10pm
This is tediously long. Wish they would just get on with it.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 12:14pm
Wales in a group with Australia and Fiji, for the third consecutive World Cup. The last time we weren’t in a group with Fiji was 2003!

Edited by Jones2004 - 14 December 2020 at 12:17pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 12:21pm
No real group of death there, Pool B is possibly the closest in terms of a shock where either Ireland or South Africa don't go through. I would expect the to 2 seeded teams to go through in all 4 pools. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 12:26pm
I hope the picture of the pools is formatted correctly.

Edited by Jones2004 - 14 December 2020 at 12:27pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

No real group of death there, Pool B is possibly the closest in terms of a shock where either Ireland or South Africa don't go through. I would expect the to 2 seeded teams to go through in all 4 pools

I'd take Argentina over Japan any day (unless I misread something...)
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Wales in a group with Australia and Fiji, for the third consecutive World Cup. The last time we weren’t in a group with Fiji was 2003!

Australia are definitely 'beatable', except that historically they have a much better record of peaking in time for the RWC than Wales!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

No real group of death there, Pool B is possibly the closest in terms of a shock where either Ireland or South Africa don't go through. I would expect the to 2 seeded teams to go through in all 4 pools

I'd take Argentina over Japan any day (unless I misread something...)

Sorry I agree, I should have said with the exception of pool 4.
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 1:56pm
Avoided France and Argentina. Happy with that.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 2:10pm
Italians are waiting the next tornado in 2023 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 3:06pm
if this pool took place tomorrow, I'd back Fiji and Aus to both finish above us
Pivac will be long gone come world cup time though , so I expect us to get through and could even top the group

Either  France or  England will win it imo
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Pivac will be long gone come world cup time though , so I expect us to get through and could even top the group

Quick question, what would Pivac have to do in the 6N for him to get the 2 year extension?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 3:30pm

Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Quick question, what would Pivac have to do in the 6N for him to get the 2 year extension?

In my opinion beat Scotland, Italy and one of Ireland, France or England as a minimum. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 3:34pm
I think we also need to see a pattern of play developing, improvements in our set piece, defence and attack.

Just about everything really!!! 
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 4:38pm
So it's Tex v Morgan in the line-out.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2020 at 5:07pm
Who else is likely to qualify and be in our group?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic