Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Matches cancelled

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Matches cancelled
    Posted: 16 December 2020 at 5:25pm
Interesting how they will resolve this, Toulon not feeling up to it either hopefully LOL

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55336916
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2020 at 5:29pm
With the rate of covid as high as it is in Wales Toulon will be nervous about exposure on Friday.
Keep the faith
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2020 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

With the rate of covid as high as it is in Wales Toulon will be nervous about exposure on Friday.

They don't have to tackle or maul, do theyBig smileWink
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 8:19am
Well given the way the AP did it, the sides not affected win 28-0. 

Also despite 2 positive tests, including one player, the Dragons match will go ahead.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 8:49am
It's pretty obvious that the next month's games are the season's most watched games (on TV) in Wales.

I really hope that it doesn't make club think about how they can navigate a positive test in the club. The Dragons one sounds mighty suspicious to me.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

It's pretty obvious that the next month's games are the season's most watched games (on TV) in Wales.

I really hope that it doesn't make club think about how they can navigate a positive test in the club. The Dragons one sounds mighty suspicious to me.
surely they would have to provide evidence or face a ban like deano did over bloodgate?if not then it is wide open to abuse.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 9:40am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

surely they would have to provide evidence or face a ban like deano did over bloodgate?if not then it is wide open to abuse.

I'd tend to agree there.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I'd tend to agree there.

Things been a bit dubious with the Dragons all along,imo.I was pretty astounded to hear Roberts say that he'd caught the virus after 'a long w/end trip to Croatia with some mates".Without sounding too draconian,I'd have thought that to be a little lacking in discipline,given the context.
scarletsrules View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsrules Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 8:28pm
LA Rochelle vs Bath has now been called off. Bath have said 12 players are in isolation after being identified as close contact with the scarlets player who tested positive after last weeks game. So does this mean that they are refusing to travel over to LA Rochelle with a 2nd string team and get a hammering? Because our game is still on and we've got 10 changes from last week. as is the Dragons game in Bordeaux
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 8:35pm
Correct. Wonder if they would feel the same if they had beaten us.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 8:59pm
How do they have 12 players and not 15  who have been in close contact with our man? Watching the video would seem an inadequate way of determining how many players have been in close contact. And if they call the match off for playing against us, how are we still playing tomorrow? In our team tomorrow are players who were on the pitch all through last weeks game and so must have been in close contact. This competition is running into very choppy water.

Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 9:11pm
How are more of their players in isolation than our players? Doesn’t make any sense??
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 9:13pm
So how aren’t any of our players in isolation?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 9:17pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

So how aren’t any of our players in isolation?

I think there are quite a few. One positive test only.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 9:19pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

How are more of their players in isolation than our players? Doesn’t make any sense??

I’m pretty convinced Bath are throwing this.
I know that will be called out as being incorrect.
townboy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote townboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2020 at 9:47pm
I bet Bath haven’t mentioned most of their players going out for a few beers after the game in Bath..Looked to me as it was a Xmas party,one of the members of that gang could have contracted Covid 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic