Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

John Mulvihill

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Mulvihill
    Posted: 05 January 2021 at 8:54am
Has left Cardiff Blues with immediate effect
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 8:58am
I always thought it was odd Dwayne Peel took as assistant coach role there. He's clearly going to be Mulvihill's successor.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:02am
Interesting to see how it will affect them on Saturday night. 

John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:13am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

I always thought it was odd Dwayne Peel took as assistant coach role there. He's clearly going to be Mulvihill's successor.

There may well be a response against us this weekend but without a head coach, an obvious replacement running down his contract elsewhere, covid interfering with every attempt to revitalise a struggling squad etc, etc, this could be a bleak spring for them. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:17am
I wonder if Priestland knew about this change before he signed for the Blues??? 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:19am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

He was an accident waiting to happen and he knew his time was up once Dwayne was appointed. Ok Blues now have a good young Welsh coach; what are the odds on Stevo being the next young Welsh regional head coach. 
trinity60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinity60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:21am
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

He was an accident waiting to happen and he knew his time was up once Dwayne was appointed. Ok Blues now have a good young Welsh coach; what are the odds on Stevo being the next young Welsh regional head coach. 

I think RP knew that Peel would be head coach there, for all we know RP has done all his coaching badges and could be going there in a player coach role being Peels assistant attack/backs coach.

With a good forwards coach the blues could be the team to watch in a few years time with them in place. They’ve got quality there just don’t seem to use it.

Edited by trinity60 - 05 January 2021 at 9:23am
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:27am
Originally posted by trinity60 trinity60 wrote:

I think RP knew that Peel would be head coach there, for all we know RP has done all his coaching badges and could be going there in a player coach role being Peels assistant attack/backs coach.

With a good forwards coach the blues could be the team to watch in a few years time with them in place. They’ve got quality there just don’t seem to use it.

Yes they are always talked of as having a weak front 5 but with guys like Arhip, Dillon Lewis, Dacey, Carre, Thyer & Domachowski in the front row & Seb, Cory Hill, Turnbull & Thornton in the 2nd row they are no mugs. Indeed we have never managed to roll them over up front. 
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:29am

Yes that's a good shout. I know Priestland has been coaching Bath's academy and some local clubs
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:35am
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Yes that's a good shout. I know Priestland has been coaching Bath's academy and some local clubs

Jonathan Humphries may well be available come late March. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:45am
Let's be honest he had a poor cv when he got the job, he has performed badly and also has been a bit of a blowhard in the media

No wonder the blues got rid, Peel could well get the gig (is dai young persona non grata with the blues board these days?) priestland as player coach and the humph as forwards coach could be on the cards

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:49am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Let's be honest he had a poor cv when he got the job, he has performed badly and also has been a bit of a blowhard in the media

No wonder the blues got rid, Peel could well get the gig (is dai young persona non grata with the blues board these days?) priestland as player coach and the humph as forwards coach could be on the cards

Well RR that coaching ticket could do no worse than Mulvihill surely. Perhaps Welsh rugby is starting to see some sense - not everything from the Southern Hemisphere is better than  we already have. Am I right in thinking that Alex Evans, the old Cardiff and Welsh coach had something to do with his appointment?. Favours like that we can do without. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 9:58am
Has Peel been appointed Head Coach?

I'd suggest Dai Young as a DoR.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 10:21am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Has Peel been appointed Head Coach?

I'd suggest Dai Young as a DoR.

Peel is still assistant coach attack as far as I know. Pure conjecture on our part promoting him to head coach. However moving to the Blues as attack coach does not seem like a promotion from where he is now. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 11:25am
Cardiff have underachieved for decades.Apart from a few flashes of success,they've failed to kick on and have remained stuck in mediocrity.A ground smack in the middle of a capital city,a great history,ideally situated to attract fans,players,sponsorship etc.If they finally get it right,being able to console ourselves with the title of 'best Welsh region' won't be such an easy option.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 January 2021 at 11:42am
Mulvihill seemed an odd choice to begin with. His record is mediocre - not terrible, but certainly not over-achieving either.

I'm mainly surprised by the timing, and how abrupt this has been... is there a reason for that, beyond results?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic