Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > CHAT BOARD
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Is America becoming a failed state?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 8:39am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

No one can defend these type of idiotic ignorant things he says, as I said earlier Ive no idea why he keeps coming out with these types of comments, absolutely idiotic.

The only points Im making is relating to the debates over government policy.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Trump got everything wrong are they Roy? However surely there are standards of behaviour you can expect from your president. Stoking up resentment, continually lying about the election results & denying responsibility for outrageous comments - these to me are just some of the events that make him totally unfit for office.

Look it didn't take a genius to work out that you could drastically reduce unemployment & thereby boost your ratings by ignoring climate change & open up previously closed fossil fuel businesses. It also didn't need Einstein style intellect that placing embargoes on Chinese goods entering the USA and calling for buy American would play well with the American people. Does that make America great again? I think not. Has America ever been great - I think not but Trump has made America more divided, introduced more racial tension and reduced the office of president to its lowest ever standing throughout the world - not bad for 4 years. 

Time for Donald to ride off into history with his new best mates - the KKK, the Proud Boys and Latinos for Trump.
Sponsored Links

roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 11:01am
It seems that some of these insurgents at capitol hill were BLM members ? The plot thickens 

Edited by roy munster - 11 January 2021 at 11:03am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 11:11am

It seems that some of these insurgents at capitol hill were BLM members ? The plot thickens 
All that shows is that one out of thirty thousand there was a person with left wing political beliefs who went there to film and record what was happening. Hardly wise of him to go into the building but not a major story either.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 11:22am
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

All that shows is that one out of thirty thousand there was a person with left wing political beliefs who went there to film and record what was happening. Hardly wise of him to go into the building but not a major story either.
it is a major story this man was inside capital hill, duly ignored by the liberal media and there was no where near 30,000 people inside the building. Dont get me wrong now the president is responsible for inciting these muppets and needs to go asap, as does guiliani who also incited this... all Im saying is the coverage needs to be impartial less biased and relay all the facts not just select ones

Edited by roy munster - 11 January 2021 at 11:31am
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 3:55pm
The large crowd that rioted in and around the Capital building were mainly persuaded to turn up because they had been convinced that the election had been stolen from them by vote rigging and other forms of cheating. At first I had great difficulty in believing this, especially after the BBC announced that Trump, had been pressurising Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger to give him just enough votes to overturn the Democrat majority. However they also said that the conversation took an hour, which seemed odd just to tell the man to give the Republicans the 11,870 extra votes they needed. I saw that there was in fact a transcript of the conversation on the web, and had a look at it. In that time Trump makes several accusations of irregularities, like thousands of his supporters turning up to vote and being told that they could not vote, because they had already voted which was news to them. Also he claims many thousands of dead people had "voted" and that many out of state voters were allowed to vote, and that there were many other forms of cheating going on in Georgia and other states. Typically the BBC and most other mainstream organs only quoted the one-liner that made Trump look as low as possible. Now I'm not sure who to believe but I'm sure that all those involved in the protest march which turned into a *coup* believed that their leader had been robbed of another term, or they wouldn't have bothered.
What is curious is that the media never seemed to want to ask them why they thought the election had been stolen from them, and then tried to investigate whether there was any truth in their accusations. Could it be that they were afraid that they would find some truth in it, and that another glorious illusion of the "exceptional nation, the shining city on the hill" would hit the dust ie fair elections.
If you would like to see the whole transcript try-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9109665/Transcript-Trumps-call-pressuring-Brad-Raffensperger-change-Georgias-election-results.html
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 4:24pm
Originally posted by Dai Guevara Dai Guevara wrote:

The large crowd that rioted in and around the Capital building were mainly persuaded to turn up because they had been convinced that the election had been stolen from them by vote rigging and other forms of cheating. At first I had great difficulty in believing this, especially after the BBC announced that Trump, had been pressurising Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger to give him just enough votes to overturn the Democrat majority. However they also said that the conversation took an hour, which seemed odd just to tell the man to give the Republicans the 11,870 extra votes they needed. I saw that there was in fact a transcript of the conversation on the web, and had a look at it. In that time Trump makes several accusations of irregularities, like thousands of his supporters turning up to vote and being told that they could not vote, because they had already voted which was news to them. Also he claims many thousands of dead people had "voted" and that many out of state voters were allowed to vote, and that there were many other forms of cheating going on in Georgia and other states. Typically the BBC and most other mainstream organs only quoted the one-liner that made Trump look as low as possible. Now I'm not sure who to believe but I'm sure that all those involved in the protest march which turned into a *coup* believed that their leader had been robbed of another term, or they wouldn't have bothered.
What is curious is that the media never seemed to want to ask them why they thought the election had been stolen from them, and then tried to investigate whether there was any truth in their accusations. Could it be that they were afraid that they would find some truth in it, and that another glorious illusion of the "exceptional nation, the shining city on the hill" would hit the dust ie fair elections.
If you would like to see the whole transcript try-
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9109665/Transcript-Trumps-call-pressuring-Brad-Raffensperger-change-Georgias-election-results.html

The allegations made by Trump have been discredited in several Courts in the USA. As in any other law suit, the onus is on those making allegations to prove their point, and Trump and his lawyers have failed to do this. 

Don't forget also, that Trump's allegations relate only to the States that he lost. These States were previously held by the Republicans. Looking at it that way, it would seem that Republicans have themselves have turned against Trump. Don't forget, that Brad Raffensperger is a Republican. I therefore fail to see where the Democrats come in to Trump's allegations in Georgia ? 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 4:30pm
Some of Trump's supporters also believe that he is fighting a coven of paedophiles who are pat of the 'dep state'. Trump also initiated the 'birther' movement alleging that Obama was not born in the USA.

Obama eventually produced his birth certificate to disprove Trump's allegations. With the evidence before him in black and white, I don't think Trump ever fell on his sword on that one. If asked i suspect he'd claim that Obama's birth certificate was a forgery.

Trump has form for making wild allegations, he said that more people attended his Inauguration than attended Obama's. The live pictures disproved that.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 4:38pm
Trump is a liar who is conceited enough that he starts to believe his lies. If there were some irregularities in the voting system which involved 150+ million people I would not be surprised. Were all the irregularities against Trump - no way; would he have won anyway - not a chance. Anyone dull enough to believe that his election was stolen has my abiding sympathy. 

The World will be a better place without Trump; I resist saying safer because I am afraid most American presidents think its their God given right to change governments/regimes that they disagree with. Perhaps the shame of what has happened recently may make future leaders more reluctant to throw their weight around but I won't be holding my breath. 
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 5:40pm
You can't argue with conspiracy theorists. They have a pre-determined theory and any evidence that counters it they dismiss as being fake or wrong. The focus should be on proving your own theory to be correct yet they present negligible evidence themselves rarely from reliable sources, solely relying on claims someone else is "covering up the truth", usually for vague implausible reasons, if any.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 8:42am
I don't know if anyone saw the programme last night about the storming of the whitehouse?it was scary how the police just seemed to let it go in some cases and even assist in others,there are some dangerous lunatics in america and i don't envy biden on trying to bring that country together.
Dai Guevara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai Guevara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 2:38pm
I didn't see the programme but I've certainly seen a lot of comments stating that the building was very lightly protected compared to that which was there for the BLM march, and this in spite of the internet being awash with threats of "something big" about to happen in response to what they claim was a "stolen election" .
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 3:01pm

I didn't see the programme but I've certainly seen a lot of comments stating that the building was very lightly protected compared to that which was there for the BLM march, and this in spite of the internet being awash with threats of "something big" about to happen in response to what they claim was a "stolen election" .

Didn't see the programme, but it was preceded by a fairly lengthy piece on the ITV 10 o'clock news. Police Chief lied when he said that they had no intelligence regarding the 'assault'. He said his officers were overwhelmed which may not have happened had they listened to the intelligence.

The big concern now is the Inauguration. Biden has aid that he is happy for it to go ahead in the open air. For security reasons, perhaps it should go ahead indoors at the WH or Capitol Building.

Trump did say yesterday that he wanted no violence, but unhelpfully then went on to say that what he said last Wednesday was 'appropriate', and that many agreed with what he said. 

Again HE is lying and posting fake news.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Didn't see the programme, but it was preceded by a fairly lengthy piece on the ITV 10 o'clock news. Police Chief lied when he said that they had no intelligence regarding the 'assault'. He said his officers were overwhelmed which may not have happened had they listened to the intelligence.

The big concern now is the Inauguration. Biden has aid that he is happy for it to go ahead in the open air. For security reasons, perhaps it should go ahead indoors at the WH or Capitol Building.

Trump did say yesterday that he wanted no violence, but unhelpfully then went on to say that what he said last Wednesday was 'appropriate', and that many agreed with what he said. 

Again HE is lying and posting fake news.

I am extremely surprised that the FBI have not arrested Rudy Guliani whose comments are indefensible - he actually called for violence for goodness sake. Apparently the jail term for inciting violence is 20 years - that should keep both Trump & Rudy suitably occupied for a while. 

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 3:15pm
it's worth watching .
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 3:37pm

I'm not one for conspiracy theorys but you have to admit  they didn't half make it easy for trumps lot to get access to what should have been a highly protected building

Now depending on your mid set It's either a total failure in planning and intelligence . Or a  cynical ploy to let them run amok and then have a field day slating them in the media and dis credit them and further discredit trump as a politician.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

I'm not one for conspiracy theorys but you have to admit  they didn't half make it easy for trumps lot to get access to what should have been a highly protected building

Now depending on your mid set It's either a total failure in planning and intelligence . Or a  cynical ploy to let them run amok and then have a field day slating them in the media and dis credit them and further discredit trump as a politician.

With 5 deaths, one a police officer, I wouldn't want to be the guy who ignored intelligence.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
  Share Topic