Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blues v Scarlets match thread.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

It's why I couldn't understand why he missed the last game. Players out for a while need a slightly longer time to get back up to speed than youngsters.

Team Wales orders ??? Only wondering. They are now paying 80% of his wages so I understand.

I guess so, never thought of that, good call.
Sponsored Links

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 5:25pm

It's why I couldn't understand why he missed the last game. Players out for a while need a slightly longer time to get back up to speed than youngsters.

Team Wales orders ??? Only wondering. They are now paying 80% of his wages so I understand.

I guess so, never thought of that, good call.

Thought I read somewhere on here that the O's were under orders to rest Tipuric yesterday ?
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 5:36pm
Yes, Booth said as much.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 7:47pm
I haven't actually checked the records but I'm pretty sure that every game we've lost this year has been down to poor discipline. Between the red and yellow cards yesterday, we played about 55 minutes with 14 players. We may not like our current style of play but I don't think thats the problem.  In my humble opinion, if we can sort out our discipline we will be a good side.  

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 10 January 2021 at 7:48pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 8:05pm
Discipline and lack of trys our two biggest issues. We are not that far off
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 8:42pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

I haven't actually checked the records but I'm pretty sure that every game we've lost this year has been down to poor discipline. Between the red and yellow cards yesterday, we played about 55 minutes with 14 players. We may not like our current style of play but I don't think thats the problem.  In my humble opinion, if we can sort out our discipline we will be a good side.  

Don't think we had a card in Belfast or against Munster. 
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 8:59pm

But I think that we conceded a shedload of penalties in the last twenty minutes against Munster, costing us the game, didn’t we? I can’t remember how our discipline was against Ulster. As Rob was saying our problem this season isn’t just the number of cards but the amount of penalties we concede, especially stupid mindless ones. These often result in us going from their 22 to defending on our tryline as a result of two or three consecutive soft penalties.

Edited by Jones2004 - 10 January 2021 at 9:00pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

But I think that we conceded a shedload of penalties in the last twenty minutes against Munster, costing us the game, didn’t we? I can’t remember how our discipline was against Ulster. As Rob was saying our problem this season isn’t just the number of cards but the amount of penalties we concede, especially stupid mindless ones. These often result in us going from their 22 to defending on our tryline as a result of two or three consecutive soft penalties.

I agree. 
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 9:49pm

I agree. 
I stand corrected,but I believe that Cardiff conceded 7 penalties in the 3rd qtr.
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

I agree. 
I stand corrected,but I believe that Cardiff conceded 7 penalties in the 3rd qtr.
It was certainly something like that but that was also the quarter of the game where we dominated most. Not a coincidence.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 3:50am

I don't think its just that. Our skillset has been awful many times. Players unable to string more than a few passes together. Infuriating. That and poor kicking.

The Blues game after we went ahead in the 2nd half was classic game mismanagement. I thought we were going to go on and win by 10-12 pts.
Scarlets before Wales
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 4:21am
2 yellows and 4 reds this season.

Blues are the only team worse than us in the ‘discipline league’ with 8 yellows and a red.

You are right RR, it’s the above plus our very modest attacking stats.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 8:06am
Yes Wil & RR you can't get away from our pretty awful discipline as being a large contributor to our average season to date. I would add lack of pace as another big factor aside from coaching. Teams are looking at playing with tempo against us more and more which they would never have done a few seasons ago.
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:13pm
3 game ban for Sanjay
Seems about right
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:15pm
Originally posted by trident trident wrote:

3 game ban for Sanjay
Seems about right
Really relieved especially  with his afters to the referee which got Sinclair 2 weeks! Liam is a lucky boy. Good news anyway 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2021 at 1:17pm
Does this mean we are playing the Blues next weekend?

One of the games covered by the suspension is set to be a clash between the Scarlets and Cardiff Blues the weekend after this one which is in the process of being arranged.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 14151617>
  Share Topic