Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jac Morgan to ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 46>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:24am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Any club,anywhere in the world,would be unhappy about losing a player like Jac Morgan.We haven't lost him to a French or English powerhouse,but to another Welsh side at a time when we are better funded.Whatever the reasons for Jac's departure,I hope it leads to some serious reflective discussion by the Board.

Given he has Welsh aspirations he wouldn't leave for anywhere outside of Wales.

The coaching team have talked him up, given him game time & even the captaincy, what else can be done? Sometimes if a player wants to leave, just like any employee in any walk of life, there is little that can be done.

Do you want the board to set a precedent by offering him a huge contract & thusly encouraging any other young player to expect the same?

Not suggesting anything other than some reflective practice by the Board.
Sponsored Links

157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:24am

Any club,anywhere in the world,would be unhappy about losing a player like Jac Morgan.We haven't lost him to a French or English powerhouse,but to another Welsh side at a time when we are better funded.Whatever the reasons for Jac's departure,I hope it leads to some serious reflective discussion by the Board.

The coaching team have talked him up, given him game time & even the captaincy, what else can be done? Sometimes if a player wants to leave, just like any employee in any walk of life, there is little that can be done.

Do you want the board to set a precedent by offering him a huge contract & thusly encouraging any other young player to expect the same?

If he is exceptional yes!!! He his 20 year old and potential to be World Class ,not many young players fit into that bracket.We must also remember he will be in Welsh squad shortly? So the Region would only be paying 20% of his wage .

If Jac does not want to be here it is a different matter .

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:25am

I don't really know what reflection they can take if a player doesn't want to stay & play.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:25am
I'm not blaming the board but you could understand losing someone like lee byrne when cuddy was splashing the cash to the "one true region" but we have lost him to a region that nearly went bust less than a year ago.
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:34am

I don't really know what reflection they can take if a player doesn't want to stay & play.

I'm not pre-supposing anything.The facts are as I've stated:we've lost a fantastic player to another Welsh side at a time when we are financially superior.I'm not pretending to know the reasons.What I suggest is that the board undertake some reflective practice in order to learn the lessons,if there are any,and to avoid a repetition.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 11 January 2021 at 9:35am
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:36am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I'm not blaming the board but you could understand losing someone like lee byrne when cuddy was splashing the cash to the "one true region" but we have lost him to a region that nearly went bust less than a year ago.

Isn't their new backer quite loaded?
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:42am
Wouldn't be surprised to see other young boys move around the Welsh Clubs with no A team games 
and future uncertainty of game time makes sense to go anywhere they can for a bit of extra cash. 

Knott springs to my mind as one that may be in that boat, I would've said Dan Davies too but hopefully that's well and truly secured him now with Jac's departure. 

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:53am
WOL reporting what steff said yesterday about wil griff john coming to us as we are at the head of the queue ,also reports thomos francis has signed for the ospreys.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:57am
If it turns out to be the case that Jac Morgan wants to play for the Ospreys,and always has wanted to do so,then I would suggest that reflective practice would generate the question:"Do we need to 'grow the brand in the Amman valley?"
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 9:58am

WOL reporting what steff said yesterday about wil griff john coming to us as we are at the head of the queue ,also reports thomos francis has signed for the ospreys.

I'm conflicted about this as he will, presumably, be with Wales for x weeks a year with possibly Samson too so we aren't in a better position really. 
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 10:16am

If it turns out to be the case that Jac Morgan wants to play for the Ospreys,and always has wanted to do so,then I would suggest that reflective practice would generate the question:"Do we need to 'grow the brand in the Amman valley?"
nothing grows a brand more than attractive,winning rugby,spoke with andy robinson and matt bannahan after we won in bath(not the recent game) in the players lounge they were purring about rugby being the way it should be.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 10:21am

nothing grows a brand more than attractive,winning rugby,spoke with andy robinson and matt bannahan after we won in bath(not the recent game) in the players lounge they were purring about rugby being the way it should be.

I couldn't agree more.That's why Llanelli Rugby Football Club is still known world-wide.That's why Fitzpatrick,Saatchi and Saatchi or the Wolf on Wall St. would struggle in the marketing dept. at the moment with the rubbish rugby we put on the field.

Edited by Dic Penderyn - 11 January 2021 at 10:27am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 11:06am

He could leave Wales and not jeopardize his Welsh call up. That's a hole in the net.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 11:08am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

He could leave Wales and not jeopardize his Welsh call up. That's a hole in the net.

Can he? I get so confused by all the rules!! 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 11:11am
Right so I'm clear...

Cubby - over the hill at 30.

Dan Davis - written off just after his 22nd birthday and lost the tag of 'best 7 prospect we've seen' after 1 start back from injury.

Josh Macleod - not sure he's a 7.

Vintage SF.

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2021 at 11:14am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Right so I'm clear...

Cubby - over the hill at 30.

Dan Davis - written off just after his 22nd birthday and lost the tag of 'best 7 prospect we've seen' after 1 start back from injury.

Josh Macleod - not sure he's a 7.

Vintage SF.

I rate Dan Davis, very highly, I think he will do well given game time but whether that comes to fruition is another matter. 

I do think Cubby's best days are sadly behind him, when he came back he seemed to be trying too hard to win penalties & turnovers & as a result the penalty would go against him for side entry or forearms being on the floor.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011 46>
  Share Topic