Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jac Morgan to ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 46>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 7:40am
If this the case we should be going to WRU and asking for half of The regional funding as we seem to be the academy for all the other regions as well as ours. 

She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Sponsored Links

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 8:32am
If that's the case that would be the final straw for me and the blame would lie firmly with the coaches who have chosen to overlook him in a season where we have struggled in the centre and the shoddy way they are treating conbeer,they don't need exciting players like the mentioned because they don't have a clue and are not interested in exciting rugby.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 8:39am
I agree here Ladram, if we lose both to the ospreys then questions will have to be asked about the coaches. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

If this the case we should be going to WRU and asking for half of The regional funding as we seem to be the academy for all the other regions as well as ours. 

they would then say why did you sign two centres in the summer rather than play the young prospect from your academy? Knott is currently 5th possibly 6th choice centre here and is not getting any game time you can see why he may move

Edited by RR1972 - 17 January 2021 at 8:44am
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 8:50am
The folly of youth.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 8:55am
But he would be 5th or 6th choice there too. Scott, watkins thomas-wheeler, williams, hawkins have all festured and seem to be their stable of centers.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 8:56am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

If that's the case that would be the final straw for me and the blame would lie firmly with the coaches who have chosen to overlook him in a season where we have struggled in the centre and the shoddy way they are treating conbeer,they don't need exciting players like the mentioned because they don't have a clue and are not interested in exciting rugby.

Apparently Osian as had a couple of serious injuries ,there are question marks with his knee. Feel so sorry for the young man .
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 9:05am
if that's the case i apologise,why is he not listed as injured and why would the ospreys want to sign someone with injury issues?that's our M O,let's see what earth shattering tnewsday brings this week to see what direction we are heading,any ideas why conbeer is not getting picked mark?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 9:10am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

if that's the case i apologise,why is he not listed as injured and why would the ospreys want to sign someone with injury issues?that's our M O,let's see what earth shattering tnewsday brings this week to see what direction we are heading,any ideas why conbeer is not getting picked mark?

None mate,I know he injured his ankle against Bath .. If Ryan  his fit he should be seeing more game time than he his .
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 9:16am
thanks
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 9:19am
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

But he would be 5th or 6th choice there too. Scott, watkins thomas-wheeler, williams, hawkins have all festured and seem to be their stable of centers.
scott is out of contract isnt he? He may think he’d be ahead of thomas wheeler and hawkins quicker than ahead of foxy williams and asquith?we signed two international players in his positon in the summer and we not picking hin this season at all it’s bound to make him consider his options in fairness. No a lge no semi pro rughy just train train train and no game time must wear you down

Edited by RR1972 - 17 January 2021 at 9:24am
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 9:22am
Yes he went off after a twisted ankle v Bath. Not everyone wants their injuries made public either. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 9:28am
I’m sure the lack of Semi pro, Premiership Select, A games, age grade tournaments etc are a significant contributor to young guys on the fringes of the first team getting more restless than usual.

They will surely feel they are missing out on the key development years.

With youngsters like Jac Morgan, the 2 young second rows, Mathias, Booth, Rodgers actually getting reasonable game time, I’m not sure exactly how the club can keep all satisfied given the paucity of fixtures.

It’s another thing entirely though to feel that will change by moving clubs though.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

I’m sure the lack of Semi pro, Premiership Select, A games, age grade tournaments etc are a significant contributor to young guys on the fringes of the first team getting more restless than usual.

They will surely feel they are missing out on the key development years.

With youngsters like Jac Morgan, the 2 young second rows, Mathias, Booth, Rodgers actually getting reasonable game time, I’m not sure exactly how the club can keep all satisfied given the paucity of fixtures.

It’s another thing entirely though to feel that will change by moving clubs though.
the ospreys must have found lindisfarne's dreamseller as they are doing a good job of selling the dream.Wink
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 9:35am
Clearly we are in need of some good news. For me it seems strange that the Ospreys would be looking at an academy centre from us with the young resources they have available. At the moment we have an abundance of young talent which, through no apparent fault of the club, are not getting games. I say apparent as I watched part of an entertaining game this weekend featuring some exciting young talent from Ulster & Leinster. Surely we should be looking at arranging round robin games against the other 3 welsh regions especially in the International window. 

At the moment rumours abound about us losing Jac, Osian, Ryan & Dan. We are all agreed I think that we cannot keep every promising academy player but players who deserve 1st team action at the moment like Ryan will start to question why the likes of Prydie, Tyler etc are selected ahead of them. 

All we can ask is that the off field management remains organised & have a medium term plan for the players in question which they are informed off. My biggest worry comes back to the standard of our back/attack coaching which may not be good enough to see the route to the 1st team for many of these players. I don't think we will see Foxy at anywhere near his superb best with the Scarlets again, Asquith, our best attack minded midfielder is rumoured to be off to Japan, Johnny Williams looks to be the automatic replacement for Hadleigh so we are left then with serious issues in midfield compounding those we already have.

Lack of pace has been a common theme of mine and though I still really rate Steff Evans as a dangerous pro 14 player I have to accept the evidence of the past few weeks that he is nowhere near quick enough for the top end of game. Ryan Conbeer & Johnny McNichol should start on the wings next weekend which would add much needed gas. It is worrying to me & should be to our coaches that the Blues were looking to play with pace & tempo because they correctly felt we were off their pace.

The best news for me next Tuesday would be the appointment for next season of a top level attack coach.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 10:23am
I dont think Ryan is out of contract...

17 players renewed back in the summer of 2020:
Leigh Halfpenny, Rhys Patchell, Gareth Davies, Samson Lee, Josh Macleod, Kieran Hardy, Ryan Conbeer, Dan Jones, Steff Hughes, Angus O’Brien, Phil Price, Tom Rogers, Steff Thomas, Josh Helps, Morgan Jones, Jac Price, Joe Roberts.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 46>
  Share Topic