Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Transfer Rumours

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Transfer Rumours
    Posted: 10 January 2021 at 1:14pm
Here’s a new topic to discuss the rumoured transfers in and out

Out 

Jake Ball to Australia confirmed 

Wyn Jones to France Rumour

Uzair Cassiem to South Africa Rumour

Jac Morgan to Ospreys Strong Rumour

In 

Will Griff John from Sale Rumour 

That’s all I got so far please add on to this anything worth mentioning 
Sponsored Links

Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 1:15pm
Wyn has almost signed a renewal. It was in the papers this weekend.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 1:43pm
Great news on wyn our best loosehead 
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 3:26pm
This is going to be a fun thread. Darcy seen in the car park again.
gorau View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gorau Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 3:50pm
If Jac and Uzair are off, and question marks over Aaron - will we ever see him again?,  then I wouldn't mind seeing Tommy Refell or Dan Thomas or Harrison Keddie or Ollie Griffiths join us. 

Will Jones was released by the Ospreys last year, he's currently doing a course at a Uni, he was cracking for the Under 20s some years ago, he's another to look at if our back row resources are to be affected end of this season. 
eds
Dic Penderyn View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dic Penderyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

If Jac and Uzair are off, and question marks over Aaron - will we ever see him again?,  then I wouldn't mind seeing Tommy Refell or Dan Thomas or Harrison Keddie or Ollie Griffiths join us. 

Will Jones was released by the Ospreys last year, he's currently doing a course at a Uni, he was cracking for the Under 20s some years ago, he's another to look at if our back row resources are to be affected end of this season. 

It's a big assumption to make that any of those would want to come here.
Asquith,Conbeer,Tyler Morgan,Blacker,Homer,Knott,AOB,possibly Costelow-all of those could be forgiven for asking if they're at the right club,because of selection.Morgan Jones and Sebastian coulld be legitimately aggrieved about last night's selection.Baldwin gone,Morgan going-whatever the reasons or eexcuses.Word gets around.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Dic Penderyn Dic Penderyn wrote:

Originally posted by gorau gorau wrote:

It's a big assumption to make that any of those would want to come here.
Asquith,Conbeer,Tyler Morgan,Blacker,Homer,Knott,AOB,possibly Costelow-all of those could be forgiven for asking if they're at the right club,because of selection.Morgan Jones and Sebastian coulld be legitimately aggrieved about last night's selection.Baldwin gone,Morgan going-whatever the reasons or eexcuses.Word gets around.
Moving on doesn’t look to have worked out so great for Baldwin so far. His first appearance in a match day squad this season was yesterday. He was an unused sub. 
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 4:35pm
I wouldnt want Ollie Griffiths he can’t string 3 games together and the lad ospreys released is very small for a backrow 

Keddie would be good but he was Dragons captain against the ospreys would he want to move here 

Reffel is really good but probs not as good as jac and Leicester tigers setup is quality no doubt he would ask Costellow about the differences between the clubs and whether it was a good move 

Again something good is happening in Bristol so couldn’t see Dan Thomas leaving them only chance of that would be if he was going to be considered for the welsh squad 
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 6:13pm
It doesn’t really matter who is playing for us if the only game-plan is to constantly kick away possession !
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 6:16pm
Originally posted by 2ndtimeround 2ndtimeround wrote:

It doesn’t really matter who is playing for us if the only game-plan is to constantly kick away possession !

It’s interesting that the Top 4 sides in the Pro 12 that kick the most are the 4 Welsh regions.
FIRST AND LAST View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FIRST AND LAST Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 January 2021 at 7:15pm
I put this down to Sean Holley. He came out with some stats a few years ago that if you manage to get the ball inside the oppositions 22 there is only a 15% chance of them scoring from there. Its a game of small margins and you have to cut down the chances that the opposition have to score. Last night we didn`t get the ball that far down the pitch but Blues running the ball back at us cut us apart on several occasions.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 11:46am
So do we know who is out of contract at the end of this season? 

I can't see us keeping all 4 fly halves, mind who knows when we will see Rhys back playing, as Sam will be wanting more game time & I am sure Dan/AOB won't want to fall behind him in the pecking order.
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 1:01pm
i think angus also gives us good cover at 15 and we will not be sure how much we will have leigh and liam going forward. 
rhys patch is the worrying one, i really hope he comes back but his recent injury run and concussions is very worrying
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

i think angus also gives us good cover at 15 and we will not be sure how much we will have leigh and liam going forward. 
rhys patch is the worrying one, i really hope he comes back but his recent injury run and concussions is very worrying

What worries me about Rhys is we don't know what the injury is - are you certain that it is concussion Rob? When Delaney said he hoped to see Rhys, Cubby & Aaron before the end of the season I was shocked. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

What worries me about Rhys is we don't know what the injury is - are you certain that it is concussion Rob? When Delaney said he hoped to see Rhys, Cubby & Aaron before the end of the season I was shocked. 
I can see Rhys moving on but hopefully not into retirement . It’s been a poor couple of injury years and the club must also worry about the merits of his retention with his injuries and with us since recruiting Costellow and O’ Brien on top of Dinky. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2021 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

I can see Rhys moving on but hopefully not into retirement . It’s been a poor couple of injury years and the club must also worry about the merits of his retention with his injuries and with us since recruiting Costellow and O’ Brien on top of Dinky. 

Perhaps Rhys could help coach our backs ? He's an intelligent and studious guy.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic