Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Liam 3 game ban

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 1:01pm
Dear me.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

We are very judgemental on here. Can any of us say have never got angry when something has been said/done that we didnt agree with and possibly made a sarcastic throw away comment in the heat of the moment. I know I have.

Pretty much every game I play in to be fair!! EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 January 2021 at 10:38pm

We are very judgemental on here. Can any of us say have never got angry when something has been said/done that we didnt agree with and possibly made a sarcastic throw away comment in the heat of the moment. I know I have.

We’re not highly paid professional rugby players who have youngsters watching and looking at as a role model. First rule of refs is to respect them. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 2:57am

ive never effed and blind at a ref or a co sorry that’s just not acceptable behaviour. Those defending it are talking utter nonsense tbh

Edited by RR1972 - 16 January 2021 at 3:01am
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 11:29am
He’s a great player but doing stuff like that lets down your team mates and the supporters. 

Can’t remember the game or the player but years ago in a Wasps game one of their players was sent off. Lawrence was captain and dragged the player off the pitch. You could see he was furious with him despite him being a team mate. 
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 11:46am
There are some decisions which are clearly incorrect and don't warrant red cards - Morgan Jones is an example of a poor decision but all our other cards have been fully deserved. I have always thought than Liam was an accident waiting to happen even when he moved to Saracens. He makes up for his physical restrictions with bravery and heart. None of us want to take that away from his game but sometimes the top 50mm of the body is the most important. Liam sometimes plays as if he is having trouble locating it. In addition he is prone to cheap shots which do him no favours - the hit on the Italian FB over the line a few years ago springs to mind. Thought Josh Turnbull gave a msterclass in how to deal with in all fairness.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 5:27pm
With  the way the game  has gone just makes me wonder how finau would have coped 😂🤣😂
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 5:37pm

He is technically at work while on the field, and is very highly paid with a code of conduct clause in his contract? Stern Smile
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 January 2021 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

With  the way the game  has gone just makes me wonder how finau would have coped 😂�£ðŸ˜‚
ask iain balshaw LOLLOL
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 4:30am
Good old SA tv showed all 3 Lions v Aus ( 2013) tests. I was granted full rights to see then having grumbled all week about no games.

Anyway, in the one test I counted 6 straight reds, and another 6 yellow/reds based around modern day interpretation. Mostly head on head/shoulder to head/ ruck entry. A lot of those guys are still playing.

My point is that it might be the next generation of players before we see a full embrace the new guidelines.
TheKing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 9:54am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

ive never effed and blind at a ref or a co sorry that’s just not acceptable behaviour. Those defending it are talking utter nonsense tbh

In fairness to Liam - he didn’t do that either.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 9:57am
Kyle did though
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 1:03pm
He's made a mistake.  He's human  .He's had his punishment.  Time to  forget about it now ,and move on in my opinion. 
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2021 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

He's made a mistake.  He's human  .He's had his punishment.  Time to  forget about it now ,and move on in my opinion. 
I'm sure we will as soon as we have another game to moan about!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2021 at 9:47am
Yep firstly Liam's reaction was not in the same league as Sinckler's (who rightly has got a ban for swearing AT the ref - and probably not helped by his reaction after the ref telling him off about it).

Secondly - Liam's rucking penalty he was sent off for was bad technique &/or a lack of thought (and you often see this more from backs who do less rucking that forwards).

His reaction and the 'crazed' way he plays is the ying or his yang (if that's the correct expression). What makes him such a fearless, physical and daring player is the same bit of his brain that makes him a bit reckless and 'narky'. I'm not sure we can have one without the other - and generally the benefits of his personality well outweigh the negatives.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic