Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets vs Connacht

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote al25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 7:20pm
a few thousand empty seats less every game with the ospreys i note  and also the one true region playing at the same stadium while us who had stand alone status are still making the effort to bring rugby to north wales

Edited by al25
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 10:43am

Yes there is talk about a match in Neath. My what a challenge
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 10:44am
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

Might suprise a few people with my prediction but I reckon we'll nick this one. Prob be a narrow scrape but if there's a tidy partisan crowd as well then it's winnable. Scarlets to win a dour encounter 17-12. 

As long as we play it wide down the middle.......

Is this what we`ve come to. Narrowly winning at Borders and hoping to nick one at home to Connaught.

Depressing, very, very depressing.

Whilst the CL isn't a massively credible or successful competition, all of the sides now are professional and are well organised - e.g. Borders have a coaching staff of Steve Bates, George Graham and Alan Tait. They went to Munster two weeks ago and lost narrowly 9-7.

I think the days of putting 40-60 points on teams are gone, and doubt there will be many results in the CL this season like that.

Unfortunately we have been brought up on a diet of most matches at Stradey being a foregone conclusion and now have an inflated sense of our level.

I'm not saying we have started the season particularly well, but I think we should realise that the CL is now pretty competitive.

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 11:36am

Have to agree with Mike, I think the CL will be wide open this year.

The results at the start of the season are showing this already. no more whipping boys and I think the likes of Borders and Connaught are not going to be push overs at all. Edinburgh are showing up as a strong team and Glasgow beating Munster yesterday, just goes to show that Scottish rugby isn't that bad, even if they can't do it at international level... Just think we were like that 2 seasons ago.....

People are going on about that this should have been a bonus point win, we have to remember that this is the FIRST time we have beaten connaucht at home and according to a person I met in Borders (the connaucht stat analyst) they are fighting for their lively hood, what with the IRFU looking to close them down for next season...... Inside information there......

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Might suprise a few people with my prediction but I reckon we'll nick this one. Prob be a narrow scrape but if there's a tidy partisan crowd as well then it's winnable. Scarlets to win a dour encounter 17-12. 

As long as we play it wide down the middle.......

Is this what we`ve come to. Narrowly winning at Borders and hoping to nick one at home to Connaught.

Whilst the CL isn't a massively credible or successful competition, all of the sides now are professional and are well organised - e.g. Borders have a coaching staff of Steve Bates, George Graham and Alan Tait. They went to Munster two weeks ago and lost narrowly 9-7.

I think the days of putting 40-60 points on teams are gone, and doubt there will be many results in the CL this season like that.

Unfortunately we have been brought up on a diet of most matches at Stradey being a foregone conclusion and now have an inflated sense of our level.

I'm not saying we have started the season particularly well, but I think we should realise that the CL is now pretty competitive.

Glasgow didn`t find it too difficult last season!

Edited by s.pimpernel
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:01am

s this what we`ve come to. Narrowly winning at Borders and hoping to nick one at home to Connaught.

at home, played 3, lost 2 drawn 1. a win is an improvement
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:30am
Amazingly, despite playing pretty average stuff so far, we are the best placed Welsh side in the CL, thanks to losing bonus points.

I am still disappointed - when I saw the fixture list a while ago, I thought we had a good chance of winning all four.
s4r4h View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s4r4h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 11:59am
we SHOULD have won all 4
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic