Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby Match vs Warriors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2005 at 10:15pm
Ye lets give the warriors a game.
Sponsored Links

gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:46am
cheers guys

thoroughly enjoyed yesterday

paying for it now mind

game in a fortnight eh your avin a laugh surely

jeez i was knackered after 2minutes we need atleast a squad of 30

it`s gonna be like bonfire night all over again  :op

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 10:22am
If anyone is around People's Park this week please keep an eye open for Right leg / Left Wrist / 1 ( possibly 2) lungs & as much sense as you can find lying around the pitch, as when I woke up this morning, I seemed to be missing a few bits !!!!!
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
ceribethlem View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceribethlem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 11:15am

I certainly enjoyed yesterday, a bit stiff today though!

I've got a party in Aberystwyth on Saturday, so I can'r promise I'll be able to make it by 2 this Sunday, but I'll try my best. I'm certainly up for the game on the 4th.

Dinefwr am Byth
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 1:39pm

Out of curiosity, how much of the pitch were you using yesterday.

I realise you didn't have full numbers.

But its a big challenge you have in front of you t play a full 80 minutes on a full size pitch in under 2 weeks.

Especially with a squad full of forwards.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 2:06pm
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

But its a big challenge you have in front of you t play a full 80 minutes on a full size pitch in under 2 weeks.

80 Minutes !!!!!!!!!! No one mentioned that in my contract !! I thought Sal said Eight !!!

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 3:55pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

80 Minutes !!!!!!!!!! No one mentioned that in my contract !! I thought Sal said Eight !!!

LOL.. well i've got a sprained wrist and a pulled groin muscle.. so we are all in the same boat... we'll have a laugh in 2 weeks man....

Ceri, if poss, can you come down even if it's like ten past three. need to practice some lineouts next week and as your our main jumper, well we need you...

Wizard as you are so concerned for the boys, how about coming down and having a run out......

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 3:57pm

I am considering it.

However tomorrows session will let me know if I am recovered from a playing injury or not.

If its still giving me grief than I will have to give it a miss this time.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 4:10pm

I am considering it.

However tomorrows session will let me know if I am recovered from a playing injury or not.

If its still giving me grief than I will have to give it a miss this time.

In the words of ELO........... Horace !!!!

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 5:51pm
other than a pulled thigh muscle i'm ok!
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 5:53pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

Thanks for the 13 that turned up today, had a great time.... some overheated exchanges nearly spoiled it but hey we all get them once in a while....

Game is on 4th December, so next week is the last week of training so we REALLY need as many as there can be. even if you can't turn up for training but want to play then PLEASE PM me. worryingly we only had 4 backs today and need a few more... so come on peops....

i don't think we are anywhere near ready to play a game yet.

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 6:22pm

HAVE TO AGREE WITH REDEYES HERE

realistically we have no chance of playing the warriors in a fortnight

we don`t actually have a team let alone a squad.

i`d say carry on as we are for a couple of months and lets some of the older players get back into it (strange the longer i`ve been awake the more aches i develop)

and give them a game later in the season.

just my personal opinion (probably biased by the pain).....

Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 7:38pm
The more time we give it, the more players we might be able to attract, especially backs. I'm all for getting down to some nitty gritty training, line out practice etc. Let's try and see if we can play on the training pitches next to Stradey before a Scarlets game down there or something - but sometime in the new year. I need to visit my old friend - the gym - for a few sessions before I undertake any serious rugby.
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
Scarlet Boy View Drop Down
Bloody Metatarsals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:08pm

Suffering from a few aches, a few over-stretched muscles and a blister, but really enjoyed it.  Impressed with a few of the lads who made it on Sunday.

Agree with what has been said, we need more time just to be able to complete a match.  As the fitness improves, our basic game should get better with each session.  In desperate need of a few more backs.  Only 4 backs made it on Sunday so we can't even allocate definite positions as yet.  But we would welcome anyone to join us who wanted to play in this match.

In the New Year has to be the realistic aim.  We want to give the Warriors a game and not waste their time.  If we turned up and only lasted 30mins, then this isn't going to be of much use to them.  I'm sure they wouldn't mind waiting a little longer.

But one question I do have.  When the news of this game first broke, so many people had so much to say.  Where are they on Sunday afternoon?

Top points scorer - ScarletFever RFC
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2005 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Scarlet Boy Scarlet Boy wrote:

Suffering from a few aches, a few over-stretched muscles and a blister, but really enjoyed it.  Impressed with a few of the lads who made it on Sunday.

Agree with what has been said, we need more time just to be able to complete a match.  As the fitness improves, our basic game should get better with each session.  In desperate need of a few more backs.  Only 4 backs made it on Sunday so we can't even allocate definite positions as yet.  But we would welcome anyone to join us who wanted to play in this match.

In the New Year has to be the realistic aim.  We want to give the Warriors a game and not waste their time.  If we turned up and only lasted 30mins, then this isn't going to be of much use to them.  I'm sure they wouldn't mind waiting a little longer.

But one question I do have.  When the news of this game first broke, so many people had so much to say.  Where are they on Sunday afternoon?

jeez sb

i barely lasted that during my playing career ;op

if we work on it for a couple of months then i reckon we have the makings of a tidy side, to at least compete, i should be bringing a fullback next week
if you guys don`t mind then i can try and recruit a few from work, they usually play a sevens tournament once a year so there are a few players looking for a game or a bit of practice, might not all be scarlets though ?????

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 12:55am

Mrs S is cheesed off with me at the moment, thinks I'm seeing another bird cos some bugger scratched my Left Tit !!!!

Big lump popped up on my left wrist this evening...........................but I told her to go out the kitchen & wash the dishes so I could go for a run !!!!!

Junior Scarletman thinks I'm a bloody legend now cos Salmidach tried his best but only managed to get my boot. He's going to phone GJ tomorrow & ask why he hasn't picked me for the Scarlets instead of Coops or Dulz ! I havn't the heart to tell him I'm not really younger than John Davies ! Incidently how the [beep] did I end up propping ????? I swore 20 years ago that I would never do it again, not even in training.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 14>
  Share Topic