Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rugby Match vs Warriors

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Delboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 6:26pm
You guys are taking things a bit serious.  The Warriors just want a run out.  Why don't you just play the game in December and play them later in the year?  You'd swear you were preparing to play the All Blacks!!
Sponsored Links

Pedro Diniz View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pedro Diniz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 7:27pm
We want the Warriors to remember the game that we play against them, plus I think some of us wouldn't mind playing them again in the near future. As well as that Pan Handle's handling is abyssmal so he needs the added time to sort that out!! Sorry Pan, couldn't resist mate! ;)
"I can't see the Germans getting back into this...they've only got Kuntz up front..."
(Alan Hansen, during Euro 96).
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 7:28pm

Mate

trust me this is serious we need that much time just to get us fit enough

for a runout 80 mins is not a option at the mo as someone said earlier

i`d be lucky to make 8 mins ;o)

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 8:40pm

have no fear boys, it`ll come with another session or 2. we need to get some sprints in, and yes i`m talking the length of the pitch. what i must have looked like sunday was probably x rated. i feel around 30% at the moment. had to rely on side steps all the time, had no second gear at all.

got some serious bruises, a cut lip, a lump on the bonse.....ah who cares, all the chicks dig a scar! gimme the ball and follow me.

stradeyscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 8:52pm
Yep we need to start playin atleast half a pitch now that will get us more used to the bigger pitch.
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 9:18pm

Originally posted by stradeyscarlet stradeyscarlet wrote:

Yep we need to start playin atleast half a pitch now that will get us more used to the bigger pitch.

but to do that we need more people to turn up. no good playing half a pitch when we have 4 a side is it....

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Scarlet Boy View Drop Down
Bloody Metatarsals

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

have no fear boys, it`ll come with another session or 2. we need to get some sprints in, and yes i`m talking the length of the pitch. what i must have looked like sunday was probably x rated. i feel around 30% at the moment. had to rely on side steps all the time, had no second gear at all.

got some serious bruises, a cut lip, a lump on the bonse.....ah who cares, all the chicks dig a scar! gimme the ball and follow me.

On the shoulder, sprinting on the angle, through the gap.  We must play on the same team next training session Speedy!

Any tips on making a blister heal quicker?  It's being a right sod and staying off it isn't an option with driving and uni.

Agree with Speedy though.  Lets earn the games we play on a Sunday.  Few running drills before we get into a game.  We'll enjoy the game that much more and we won't make so many mistakes as we'll already be reasonably warm.

Top points scorer - ScarletFever RFC
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2005 at 10:53pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

Mate

trust me this is serious we need that much time just to get us fit enough

for a runout 80 mins is not a option at the mo as someone said earlier

i`d be lucky to make 8 mins ;o)

the game doesn't have to be 80 mins, can be 60 if you want.

gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 12:21pm

can we negotiate

i`ll start at 10 mins

you start at 70

and we`ll meet around the 40 min mark :op

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Scarlet Boy Scarlet Boy wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

On the shoulder, sprinting on the angle, through the gap.  We must play on the same team next training session Speedy!

Any tips on making a blister heal quicker?  It's being a right sod and staying off it isn't an option with driving and uni.

Agree with Speedy though.  Lets earn the games we play on a Sunday.  Few running drills before we get into a game.  We'll enjoy the game that much more and we won't make so many mistakes as we'll already be reasonably warm.

soak it, cut off the dead skin, walk around outside bare foot to toughen the new skin. or make yourself some sandpaper slippers!
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 9:52pm

What is this word "SPRINTING" you all keep using, I 've checked up in my Aberflyarff Dictionary & the closest I can get is .....

SPRINTER ....... Mercedes Vehicle used for moving players from one clubhouse to the next

Edited by scarletman
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2005 at 10:01pm
We owe it to ourselves and the Warriors to give a good showing of ourselves. We showed signs on Sunday that we all have Rugby knowhow, but we aren't a TEAM yet. playing against the Warriors who train together regularly, will only expose our mis-understanding of eachothers game, I'm quite prepared to play them more than once, but if we lose big time 1st time out, we risk a big loss of interest in any future game. Personally I'd like another 1 or 2 sessions together.
ysbryd grav View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ysbryd grav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 8:28am

actually the Warriors don't really train together as such, a few have a training session in the week but it's rarley double figures.

You can have the game whenever you want but quite a few of the sides the Warriors play are just pub/work sides that don't have any training.  Certainly not line out moves etc

of course you could spy out the opposition by watching their match this Sunday 2:30/3pm at Stradey although it clashes with training.

Anyway who are the 8 training and aren't there some who will play but not train to make up the numbers?

T.D.P.S.
http://www.llanelliwarriors.co.uk
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 10:01am
Originally posted by ysbryd grav ysbryd grav wrote:

actually the Warriors don't really train together as such, a few have a training session in the week but it's rarley double figures.

You can have the game whenever you want but quite a few of the sides the Warriors play are just pub/work sides that don't have any training.  Certainly not line out moves etc

of course you could spy out the opposition by watching their match this Sunday 2:30/3pm at Stradey although it clashes with training.

Anyway who are the 8 training and aren't there some who will play but not train to make up the numbers?

The ones I can remember training are.... Myself, Gnasher, Redeyes, Salmidach, Speedy, Pan Handle (& his gloves), Scarletboy, Pedro Diniz, & now my mid has gone blank. Names don't seem to stick in my head anymore, & most of them I only met for the first time on Sunday. Apologies for anyone I missed, it is by no means a reflection on your efforts last week, just age playing tricks.

I can't make every training session, living in Cardiff, as I have coaching commitments on a Sunday morning, & DIY commitments on a Sunday afternoon, otherwise I would be there every time.

Alun View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 11:50pm
I'll come and watch if I can!!
Cartref newydd, Stadiwm newydd, Penod newydd, Yr un freuddwyd.

"Does na unman yn debyg i adra, ond mae adra'n debyg iawn i 'chdi."

All statements-My opinions
stradeyscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stradeyscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 11:52pm
Im playing rugby in the morning but ill be there a.s.a.p
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 14>
  Share Topic