Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jonathon Davies on Scrum V

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wyn Lewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jonathon Davies on Scrum V
    Posted: 08 January 2006 at 9:14pm
Could hardly disguise his disappointment at Stephen coming to us and not to his beloved Cardiff. He must still be on the Peter Pies payroll!
Sponsored Links

Taffscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 9:23pm
I thought that he looked very disappointed and despondent as well.

Ah well - nice to see that not all no 10's from the Region forget their roots

Daw dydd y bydd mawr y rhai bychain

Daw dydd ni bydd mwy y rhai mawr.
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 9:25pm
Could also be a little bit of sour grapes. Steve's coming back to Llanelli as a stronger, better player than when he left. When Jiffy came back to Carediff, he was worn out, and never made much of an impression.( In fairness, probably partly due to the club he went to) And do you remember this much interest being shown when he returned????????

Alan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 9:51pm
It really is becoming quite a joke isn't it. If Steve had signed for Cardiff Jiffy would have been jumping up and down in his seat, telling us how good it would be for WELSH rugby. Unfortunately as he has signed for us, Jiffy chose to make hardly a comment. Between him, Gwyn Jones, The Western Snail, GWLAD, the Scrumv message board, I feel a siege mentality coming on!!
C'mon you Irons
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 9:57pm
Ignore them! WE'VE GOT STEVE-O (and they have'nt) 

Dave_B View Drop Down
Don’t turn to the dark side

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave_B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by Alan Alan wrote:

Between him, Gwyn Jones, The Western Snail, GWLAD, the Scrumv message board, I feel a siege mentality coming on!!

Usually I agree about the Western Mail and ICWales - totally Blues obsessed (and sponsored by many column inches of Blues adverts...)  But Wales on Sunday was pretty positive today - I was pleasantly surprised. 

Christ, I must have been excited to buy WoS - what a rag...
DIXX View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
WHAT A KIP!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DIXX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 11:36pm
The WoS was pretty good today! anyone read about horseman!! Anyway, not the point to discuss. I too, thought he looked gutted!speechless infact. it was quite weird! could be sour grapes, but hey, who cares, mae steve yn dod adre!
Parc y Scarlets - Where the Wild Roses Grow so Scarlet and Free
Keith Bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keith Bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 11:42pm

What do you expecy from a wannabee Scarlet?Neverwas  were you JIffy? Still hurts pal?  You could have been really big if only.....

Dim ond ffwl sydd yn gofyn
Pam fod eira yn wyn
fids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 11:46pm

If you read the WOS you must have read the letter from the Ospreys supporter (back page)who was abused by the Stradey faithful and won't be coming back, lost revenue for you.

The loony binners are winning support from all over arn't they.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 11:50pm
Originally posted by fids fids wrote:

If you read the WOS you must have read the letter from the Ospreys supporter (back page)who was abused by the Stradey faithful and won't be coming back, lost revenue for you.

Totally tragic, I'll start a collection so we can provide one on one steward attendance for every visiting supporter. (In the same way as it's provided at CAP) shall I? 

PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 11:57pm

I thought Jonathan Davies would be over the moon - whats going on with that? I thought he was a Llanelli boy? Perhaps because he never had a home-coming like Steve-o will have? And after all that posing in the Llan Star last wek with Gallacher and Jenkins...

Jono you little rat... Haha...

fids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 January 2006 at 11:59pm

I'm glad the way your percived is worthy of such a glib reply and just confirms the stereotype turk to the world.

I'd be livid if someone said they'd been treated in that way way Sardis Road or CAP but you just come back with another taunt.

Welsh rugby is weaker because of Stradey, you should have merged with swansea, Cardiff with Ponty and we'f be richer for it.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 12:06am

I'm glad the way your percived is worthy of such a glib reply and just confirms the stereotype turk to the world.

I'd be livid if someone said they'd been treated in that way way Sardis Road or CAP but you just come back with another taunt.

Welsh rugby is weaker because of Stradey, you should have merged with swansea, Cardiff with Ponty and we'f be richer for it.

Your original sarcasm was repaid in kind. If you can't  stand  the heat bluey boy, stay out of the kitchen. I don't go trawling Cardiff's website LOOKING for an argument, as you obviously do on here. If you have any constructive comments, or valid points to make, I'm sure that your presence here will be welcomed  by all. However, be prepared to accept replies in the same manner as you make your comments. 

PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 12:06am

Fids... Appriciate the contribution, but the Scarlets were too big to be merged with any other club. Swansea, Cardiff, Ponty and Llanelli were the big clubs... It's a shame the Warriors don't still remain, but that is not our fault. The financial issue you speak of again, nothing to do with us... I think you should direct your anger to Leighton Samuel and the WRU who quite frankly, sold them down the river...

We were never going to be merged... The fans and the establishment of Llanelli RFC would never have stood for it

And i'm pretty sure that The Scarlets with be the flag-ship team for Welsh rugby this season and beyond, if anything, Welsh rugby will be stronger - Fact...

Is this the ramblings of a dispondant Blues fan? Hmm...

Edited by PearlJam
fids View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fids Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 12:20am

Guys, don't you sound so conceited.  You put us in this regional farce in the first place as everyone else wanted 4 provinces, north, south, east and west but Llanelli was way to big, I beg to differ.

From bust with no cash to offering ridiculous amounts of money to steve, something is wrong.  Ask to see the books. 

Something in the Steve deal doesn't sit right, its good he's back in wales, I didn't want him at CAP and I'll post a link going back weeks to prove  not may Blues did but something isn't right in the deal, Watkins can now name his price is there any money left to keep him?  I think gallacher is not helping your region by making promises he can't keep.

Not everyone is out for you, critism is a [beep] but worthy of a moments thought.  Its good to talk with not like minded people as now and again you might see something you might not have seen, please don't gang up on lil old me and attack for not toeing the party line.

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2006 at 12:20am

As posted previously, my son (10 yo) was verbally abused without provocation at CAP, by a ball boy,  but being a loyal Scarlets supporter, he refuses to be forced to stay away from any ground if it means him missing his team play.

Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic