Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Time for Changes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 6:51pm

Originally posted by omri jones omri jones wrote:

The  seeds of our current plight were sown in the spring of this year when Thiel was signed and Finau's contract was extended for another two years. Not only did this mean that we were normally carrying two players who (however nice they are on a personal level) were a liabillity on the field, but we were also short of money after the demise of the Warriors. I can't imagine what went through GJ's mind when he think's we can succeed in Europe with a prop who cant prop o'r a back who can't run, pass, tackle or even barge his way through.  I must admit that when I saw his name back on the team sheet for Saturday I despaired. Have we  learned no lessons from our poorest start for years? I know we have an extensive injury list, most of which seem to happen in training (which must be a good deal more frenetic than the actual games) but we still have Lee Byrne who could have gone in at full back allowing Garan back on the wing. If Mark Jones ever comes back this will also allow Tal Selley to take over from Mark Taylor.

A good post Omri and you make points that I am totally in agreeance with.

I thought Thiel would be the answer but all he has proven is that his form was just "flash in the pan" at the end of last season. As for Finau, he always gives 100% but that only takes you so far. As you rightly point out, supporters ( many of whom use this board) have to look further than how nice they are in the bar afterwards.

There is also the problem that GJ placed his faith in Mark Jones being ready for the season and therefore he didn`t recruit an extra winger as well, just relying on Garan Evans, who is doing a good job under the circumstances.

As far as Byrne is concerned, I think he could do well if given a chance.

Sponsored Links

Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 7:20pm
Scrum V comment on Gareth
Should Gareth go?
Perhaps he will be pondering on the Scarlets next 2 fixtures. Toulouse(H) and Northampton(A). This w/e Toulouse won their 6th consecutive game in the French Top 16. They are now 2nd, just 1 point behind leaders USAP.
Think very hard Gareth.

Edited by wizard
Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 7:33pm

Unfortunately we have no wingers, as amply shown in the lack of pace to counteract several opposition tries this season,(sorry Megan, but Garan has shown us his best in the past)

Apart from this where do I start?

Lack of vision?

Lack of motivation?

Lack of leadership?

Lack of interest?

Lack of ball control?

etc,etc,etc

missscarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2004 at 8:28pm

To add to your list Vulacn,

Lack of belief?

Lack of new ideas?

Lack of basic skills?

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 9:44am
couldn't get to the game on saturday and didnt see the game as i wasn't in the country. Just want to say this: In all other defeats this season we have been poor, but I would say eerybody gave 100%. However there have been a few posts saying that was not the case on Saturday. Just curious, who did not give 100% on Saturday?
StScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2004 at 10:52am
Originally posted by Vulcan Vulcan wrote:

Scrum V comment on Gareth
Should Gareth go?
Perhaps he will be pondering on the Scarlets next 2 fixtures. Toulouse(H) and Northampton(A). This w/e Toulouse won their 6th consecutive game in the French Top 16. They are now 2nd, just 1 point behind leaders USAP.
Think very hard Gareth.

Hmm Northampton away ... Beat Bath at Home, Quins away and then.

Gloucester (H) Lost

Leicester (A) Lost

Wasps (H) Lost

Saracens (A) Lost

Unless something changes at Stradey and/or Northampton then these could be quite painful games to watch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic