Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AROUND THE REGION > Llanelli
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli team next year

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Llanelli team next year
    Posted: 02 May 2006 at 10:33pm
As a keen supporter of llanelli rfc i personnally cant wait for the new look young rfc team next year under the guidance of the influential quinnell and vastly knowledged george. lets hope they clear the inadequate back room staff that have had trouble at times in the season organising 22 fit and healthy players, my sources say that the expression pi##-up in brewery comes to mind.
Sponsored Links

laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2006 at 9:04pm
Quite a Few of THe Academy players have already signed Contracts for the Semi Pros for next season. And most of them on 2-3 year deals. Great news for the Future of the club.
GWD01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2006 at 7:05pm
Yes they have signed for two years each from what i can make out. great stuff get rid of the old drift wood, couple of quality older boys to stay to offer more guidance from what ive been told!
rugby1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rugby1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 11:37am
challange now then can any1 name potentially llanelli strongest team ready for next yr please include future signings etc! have fun
GWD01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2006 at 11:41pm

1- ian jones, 2-dan george or ken owen, 3-???? 4-lou reed 5-domonic day 6-rob mckusker 7-math evans 8-dan godfrey 9-liam davies or lee williams 10-ceiron thomas 11-darren daniel 12-gavin evans 13-jon davies 14-????? 15-martyn thomas or the current ponty full-back who's on his way down.

any help with 3 and 14 will be good? and sorry to you die hard cunningham fans, in a young pack he'd be shown up even more for the baby he is, harsh but fair i think!!!

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 10:47am
f.y.i.o. chris rowe coming back next year
laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by TonduTurk TonduTurk wrote:

f.y.i.o. chris rowe coming back next year
And Bryn Griffiths as well.
GWD01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2006 at 11:52pm
rowie is a definate i forgot about him, bryn, i think not!! no talk not even a wisper of his return, there is however sign of a big name coming back to see out his playing career, a once scarlet player in the 2nd row.
nicholas09 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicholas09 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2006 at 10:41pm

1 ian 2. ripper 3. got to be kev jones coming on gr8 4. rowe (captain) 5. Dom day showed great talent in wales under 21 team this year 6. rob mckusker nt seeing ioan do much out there 7. matt evans superb player 8. dan godfrey influences the team 9. liam is a good player so is lee but rhyds mguire is playin top form got 2 b 1st choice 10 ceiz is a player u can reli on to kick the goals but craig gets the bakcs goin rhys preistland ??? maybe but 10 to start the season ceiz 2 get a good start 11. dan gravell 12 gav evans playin superb great player 13. mackey 14. wer r struggling here ???? darren daniel not on top form 15. ponty player or martyn thomas !!

Catgal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Catgal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 4:51pm
i agree that team eems well gd
GWD01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2006 at 10:22pm
dont agree with nicholas09 im affraid, at 13 jon davies is a massive talent and although he is 18 a better player than mackey. 9 rhidian is knowere near im affraid, a top person but behind liam, lee and chris mac. also i cant see ripper being involved with llanelli because of the young talents in dan george and ken owens. i hear both been training with the region and if it wasnt for ken u'19s and dan broken leg(start of year) and some rib problem(at the end) both would have featured for the region.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 9:25am

Edited by TonduTurk
laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 9:51am
Ashleigh James going to Swansea next season. Fantastic in the loose I.M.O, Spoke to him on Saturday, and he's gutted the club are leaving him go. Also The semi pros have signed a Swansea prop but i'm not sure of his name.
rugby1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rugby1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 12:50pm

clatworthy hes a tight head!

pitty for ashley hell of a player and really nice bloke!

as for the other 2 hookers ken has a future and has already featured on the bench for region, as for dan george what a baby so i been told......  aint proven himself a player with a good arm in lineouts. thats it nothintg else player living off his name, harsh i know but thats reality!

ripper what a player if only few inches taller..... why is it that llanelli and scarlets fans only sing when there winning? ripper last featured regular for llanelli rfc and there was big talk for him, now hes out of favour with region peoples opinion change........... why?

should be exciting year next year for llanelli rfc

my time would be something as follows

1 ian 2 ripper 3 clatworthy 4 rowie 5 dominic 6 ioan 7 math e 8 dan godfrey 9 liam 10 ceiron? unless with region 11 steve d underrated player (what a talent) 12 john davies ?13 gav evs? (could be good combination?)14 darren d 15 ponty/ martin thomas

any opinions?

Edited by rugby1
foelturk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foelturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 10:09pm
Ian,or Hugh Gustaffson,Ken Owens,Clatworthy,Rowey,Dom Day or Lou Reed,Godfrey Malpas or Gav,Matthew Evans or Jon Edwards,Liam,Ceiz or Rhys Priestland,Darren,Gavin,Jon Davies,Lockyear,Morgan Stottard ,Subs from Martyn Thomas,Dan Gravell,Alec Jenkins,Craig.Lee or Rhydian,Ripper or Dan G,Rob McCusker,Stu Phillips .All the best to Ashley James been a great season sad to see him been released all the best for the future .
"Kids they are mun!"
GWD01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GWD01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2006 at 10:10pm
very harsh words rugby1, i hope youd have the courage to say that to mr. george's face. from what ive seen over the years dan is well known for the quality of his arm, and speaking to the carmathen section he finished the season with arround 100%.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic