Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Supporters Trust - Any News ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Vulcan Vulcan wrote:

Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Originally posted by SupportersTrust SupportersTrust wrote:

Who does "a group of us" refer to?

People who said they could make the original meeting and a few others who have volunteered their services since.

Not sure if I am allowed to say who without their permission.

Theres about 9-10 of us.

edit. sorry, not trying to be vague or hide anything. Just unsure whether to relase everyones usernames or real names if not on the forum.

Just asking thats all. The meeting I was aware of was the initial one on 1st February. There has been no news since but those involved have obviously been very busy.

So what is Stuart Gallchers take on it? What is Huw Evans take on it? etc, etc?

So why do you ask that I wonder.

What the hell are you on about?

oops sorry SP I forgot I'm not allowed to ask you a question.

Whats the point in sending me a pm if you put your question on here? I post a question and I`m basically interogated as to why I`m asking it in the first place. As I`ve said, I`m just wondering how they are getting on. There`s obviously been lots of activity and I`m interested as to the views of messrs Gallacher & Evans, how far forward "they" are, etc, etc.

Interogated?  SP if I was interrogating you you'd know the meaning of the word.

and they were so afraid!

The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Sponsored Links

Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by redeyes redeyes wrote:

People who said they could make the original meeting and a few others who have volunteered their services since.

Theres about 9-10 of us.

edit. sorry, not trying to be vague or hide anything. Just unsure whether to relase everyones usernames or real names if not on the forum.

Just asking thats all. The meeting I was aware of was the initial one on 1st February. There has been no news since but those involved have obviously been very busy.

Whats the point in sending me a pm if you put your question on here? I post a question and I`m basically interogated as to why I`m asking it in the first place. As I`ve said, I`m just wondering how they are getting on. There`s obviously been lots of activity and I`m interested as to the views of messrs Gallacher & Evans, how far forward "they" are, etc, etc.

and they were so afraid!

Gordon Bennet thats clever

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:18pm

Theres about 9-10 of us.

and they were so afraid!

Thanks very much.LOL

anyway back to the topic now, i'm glad both SG and HE are both positive about the formation of a trust.  i'm sure more people would get involved knowing the club are in favour of the scheme.

Edited by redeyes
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:21pm

Theres about 9-10 of us.

and they were so afraid!

Thanks very much.LOL

pas de problem mon ami

ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:44pm

Originally posted by ursamajor ursamajor wrote:

Theres about 9-10 of us.

Both very positive.

Good. So whats the next step?

All  shareholders, members (and lapsed members) will receive letters informing them of the initial open meeting.
There's still a lot of work to do yet though.

For more information on the general sequence of events leading up to a launch, see

http://www.supporters-direct.org/

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:46pm

All  shareholders, members (and lapsed members) will receive letters informing them of the initial open meeting.

For more information on the general sequence of events leading up to a launch, see

Glad we're not forgotten mate:)

Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 10:55pm

Theres about 9-10 of us.

Both very positive.

Good. So whats the next step?

Ursa I've just rolled over the England Wales bit and it says English supporters and the Scottish bit says Scottish supporters.

As you know I was born in England but I sure aint an English or Scottish supporter . So what about us Welsh supporters? You want us cant you make the effort?

CRYS16 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:03pm

currently there are only 4 rugby Supporters Trusts ( i could be wrong)

Bristol. Newport. Cardiff and Edinburgh.

The welsh ones are included in the english bit sorry.

If you find the handbook and read though it, you will see we are still at Stage one

ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:04pm

Ursa I've just rolled over the England Wales bit and it says English supporters and the Scottish bit says Scottish supporters.

As you know I was born in England but I sure aint an English or Scottish supporter . So what about us Welsh supporters? You want us cant you make the effort?

No, it says 'Click here if your club plays in England or Wales'

Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:05pm

No, it says 'Click here if your club plays in England or Wales'

Try rolling a bit more Ursa

Vulcan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vulcan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:22pm

currently there are only 4 rugby Supporters Trusts ( i could be wrong)

Bristol. Newport. Cardiff and Edinburgh.

The welsh ones are included in the english bit sorry.

If you find the handbook and read though it, you will see we are still at Stage one

ST , ursa doubts my word, can you please tell him I am correct when I tell him that rolling over the English Welsh bit shows only English supporters? Sorry for being petty.

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:28pm

Seems there's some interest being generated anyway. Hopefully, the September meeting will be well attended.

laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:40pm
Why is it so Hush Hush Then? Most of us on here know there was a meeting last sunday lunchtime in The Sandpiper, what's the need for total discretion on who attended the meeting and who didn't? Seems a little bit childish if you ask me. If there's a trust going to start up which is of benefit to The Scarlets and LLanelli RFC then the more that know about this the Better. Let's not keep people in the dark about issues like this.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:47pm

Originally posted by laura laura wrote:

Why is it so Hush Hush Then? Most of us on here know there was a meeting last sunday lunchtime in The Sandpiper, what's the need for total discretion on who attended the meeting and who didn't? Seems a little bit childish if you ask me. If there's a trust going to start up which is of benefit to The Scarlets and LLanelli RFC then the more that know about this the Better. Let's not keep people in the dark about issues like this.

Taken from the official site

"The Formation of Supporters’ Trusts as IPSs to ensure democratic, transparent representative bodies for supporters at their clubs"

1. So does this include secret meetings down the Sandpiper?

2. So if your not a member, lapsed or not, and are just a bog average supporter, then you can`t be part of the trust. Is that correct?

Edited by s.pimpernel
In Pivac we trust
laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:52pm

I think you`ll find that most of us didn`t know. Oh dear .

I only found out on Saturday Myself Pimp! I asked if i could attend and was told after a long pause, Eh ok if you want to, so i thought [beep] to it, give that a miss then!
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:57pm

Taken from the official site

"The Formation of Supporters’ Trusts as IPSs to ensure democratic, transparent representative bodies for supporters at their clubs"

1. So does this include secret meetings down the Sandpiper?

2. So if your not a member, lapsed or not, and are just a bog average supporter, then you can`t be part of the trust. Is that correct?

1. It was not a secret meeting. initially the working group is small, anyone could/can join it, however it is certain skill sets that are now required. ie a Solicitor, etc.

2. No, as mentioned above mail shots will be sent out to members and lapse members. This is taken from the databases at Stradey. There will be adverts in the Programmes leading up to the open meeting. as well as in local press and radio.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic