Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Supporters Trust - Any News ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 June 2006 at 11:58pm
Originally posted by Vulcan Vulcan wrote:

Originally posted by SupportersTrust SupportersTrust wrote:

currently there are only 4 rugby Supporters Trusts ( i could be wrong)

Bristol. Newport. Cardiff and Edinburgh.

The welsh ones are included in the english bit sorry.

If you find the handbook and read though it, you will see we are still at Stage one

ST , ursa doubts my word, can you please tell him I am correct when I tell him that rolling over the English Welsh bit shows only English supporters? Sorry for being petty

Sponsored Links

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:00am

and incase you are wondering whats the open meeting all about heres the offical doc from supporters direct

Stage One
Open meeting to introduce the Trust

Current – 06/06/03

1.1 Rationale for open meeting

An initial open meeting can be used to introduce Supporters Direct and the principles and philosophy behind the Supporters’ Trust movement. It is a good opportunity to provide examples about what has happened at other clubs and with other Supporters’ Trusts. The meeting can be used to relate both the theory of Trust formation and experiences from other Trusts around the country to the situation at your club. The open meeting is also the stage to get a working group together to take the idea forward, having first obtained the mandate of the meeting to proceed with the formation of a Trust.

1.2 Organisation

Get together a small, focused and capable group of committed supporters to organise the event and contact Supporters Direct for further information. Set a convenient date for the open meeting and plan backwards. Allow enough time for leafleting of home games and for publicity to take effect.

1.3 Publicity

Identify one or two key aims you would like the Trust to achieve, which people can clearly identify with. Use examples from other Trusts, like constructing a better relationship with the club; raising money to buy a shareholding in the club; electing a supporter to the club’s board; uniting divided supporter groups at the club, or simply playing a greater role in the life of the club.

In organising the open meeting be as open, inclusive and transparent as possible. This will prevent any criticism of the Trust being exclusive or lovely. Inform the club and its officials, other supporters’ groups, local MPs, councillors and the local media.

If you plan to design a leaflet and distribute it at home games, get the permission of the club to distribute it. Equally, advertise the event in the club programme and fanzines, on Internet message boards and email groups. See
section 2.5 later in this Handbook for more detail on using the media to publicise Trusts.

1.4 Venue

Choose a well-known local place, preferably the football club, but if not, somewhere central and/or near the ground. Book well in advance and get confirmation in writing. Try to have a back up option just in case – it has been known for groups to be let down. If possible, do a ‘dry run’ of the event and double check everything.

1.5 Speakers

Ideally, speakers on the night should include the following:

• A Supporters Direct representative
• Representative(s) from other established Supporters’ Trusts, preferably in the same division as your club, to hear what they have done at their club
• A well-known local figure to chair the event, such as a radio DJ, or local MP
• The meeting organisers.

1.6 Agenda

Plan an agenda for the meeting (see Appendix 1 for a model agenda) and distribute this at the meeting. Allow time for a Question and Answer session to ensure people have their say and can raise points that are important to them. This will also give the Trust feedback on what issues are of significant interest.

1.7 Mandate

After the ideas are presented, put the proposal to establish a working group to go ahead and register the Trust to the vote. Ask for a show of hands – those for, against, and abstentions – and minute the results for post-meeting publicity. It is imperative that there is a mandate from a broad group of people to take the idea of setting up a Trust further, or the group will attract criticism. As already stated, Supporters Direct will only work with groups who are inclusive and accessible to all, and not those dominated by a ‘clique’. Ensure that there is a place to sign up members to the working group and for people to put down what skills they have to offer.

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:10am

There's no mystery here boys, the link on the Forum to the Supporters trust initiative was/is open to everyone who wants to find out about it or get involved. I'm sure that all of the 'group' would be more than happy to welcome all of you to come along and help us with the work that has to be done. The more the merrier!

All that's being done at the moment (as has already been posted) is preperation work for holding an open meeting at the start of next season. (With information being sought from other trusts, and the Supporters' Trust movement itself as to how best to proceed with setting up a trust here. Also, we have sought the backing of SG and HE.) 

At that point (and EVERYONE will be made aware of the time and date, even if you have not already followed the links beforehand), anyone who wants to attend the meeting will be welcomed with open arms. I should point out also that NOTHING can be done about the formation of a trust until the open meeting takes place. So please boys, if you're interested, follow the links.

Perhaps I should also mention that those of us who are involved already have put in a considerable amount of time and effort to try and get things going, and rather than complain about not knowing what's happening, perhaps you should be glad that some fans were prepared to do the initial work, to try and ensure that things get moving. Sorry if that does'nt sound right, but the time and effort it takes to do the groundwork is a thankless task that very often goes unnoticed.     

s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

There's no mystery here boys, the link on the Forum to the Supporters trust initiative was/is open to everyone who wants to find out about it or get involved. I'm sure that all of the 'group' would be more than happy to welcome all of you to come along and help us with the work that has to be done. The more the merrier!

All that's being done at the moment (as has already been posted) is preperation work for holding an open meeting at the start of next season. (With information being sought from other trusts, and the Supporters' Trust movement itself as to how best to proceed with setting up a trust here. Also, we have sought the backing of SG and HE.) 

At that point (and EVERYONE will be made aware of the time and date, even if you have not already followed the links beforehand), anyone who wants to attend the meeting will be welcomed with open arms. I should point out also that NOTHING can be done about the formation of a trust until the open meeting takes place. So please boys, if you're interested, follow the links.

Perhaps I should also mention that those of us who are involved already have put in a considerable amount of time and effort to try and get things going, and rather than complain about not knowing what's happening, perhaps you should be glad that some fans were prepared to do the initial work, to try and ensure that things get moving. Sorry if that does'nt sound right, but the time and effort it takes to do the groundwork is a thankless task that very often goes unnoticed.     

Could you point me in the direction of the link either on the forum or the official site as I can`t seem to find it?

In Pivac we trust
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:57am

Quagmire, I have renamed the thread slightly for you.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 1:01am
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Could you point me in the direction of the link either on the forum or the official site as I can`t seem to find it?

Try

http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=7862

http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5987

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 1:02am

Wiz, could you please help here, especially with the last post regarding the trust, to which we only had one response if I remember correctly.

sp, sorry to be so vague, but I know there have been several threads on here which have been devoted to the idea of a trust, and asking for any interested fans/forum members to come forward if they wanted to take pat or be involved. I'm sure that wiz will direct you shortly..

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 1:02am

Beat me to it wiz..........Thanks!

As you can see sp, the last posts were on the 5th May, not so long ago! And the links were there for anybody who wanted to follow it up. I think you even posted on the thread!

Edited by Scarletrover

Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 1:13am
Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

Try

These are threads, one of which contains a link but there is no seperate forum heading entitled "Supporters Trust". There is also no posts advertising any future meetings.

Perhaps you would attract further volunteers who "were prepared to do the initial work, to try and ensure that things get moving" if the Supporters trust was made a sticky topic on the main page and if you advertised future meetings.

Edited by s.pimpernel
In Pivac we trust
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 1:23am

Try

These are threads, one of which contains a link but there is no seperate forum heading entitled "Supporters Trust". There is also no posts re any future meeting. So even to find the link, forum members are expected to trawl back a couple of months posts are they? The threads aren`t even "sticky" ones.

I couldn`t attend the initial meeting but I possibly would have attended on Saturday as I was in Llanelli last weekend. It would have been nice to have been given the option.

Perhaps you would attract further volunteers who "were prepared to do the initial work, to try and ensure that things get moving" if you advertised future meetings.

Surely sp, if you were THAT interested, then you could/would have followed the link in the thread when it was posted. Or is this too good an opportunity to miss for a bit of 'bashing'.

I sincerely hope it's not, and now that you once again have the link to hand, then you can follow it up straight away.

I daresay that wiz will also take your comment to heart and provide us with a 'sticky' topic  which you can follow.

For your information, however, Sunday's meeting simply highlighted some of the problems faced by other organisations when launching trusts, and helped us to form a clearer picture as to how to set up the first 'open' meeting, along with underlining the legal and financial implications involved.  

ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 8:30am

Try

These are threads, one of which contains a link but there is no seperate forum heading entitled "Supporters Trust". There is also no posts advertising any future meetings.

Perhaps you would attract further volunteers who "were prepared to do the initial work, to try and ensure that things get moving" if the Supporters trust was made a sticky topic on the main page and if you advertised future meetings.

As it had been discussed from around December of last year, there was nothing stopping anyone from getting off their backsides and getting things moving themselves.
As it was, about ten people bothered to get in touch, which is the number that Supporters Direct recommend to organise the groundwork before the first meeting.

The trust will need all the help it can get once it gets going, but what the steering group need now are people with legal and/or accountancy skills.

They can email the supporters trust at supporterstrust@scarletfever.org

If you know of anyone outside the forum who you think might want to help, perhaps you can point themin this direction.

Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 8:44am

Try

These are threads, one of which contains a link but there is no seperate forum heading entitled "Supporters Trust". There is also no posts re any future meeting. So even to find the link, forum members are expected to trawl back a couple of months posts are they? The threads aren`t even "sticky" ones.

I couldn`t attend the initial meeting but I possibly would have attended on Saturday as I was in Llanelli last weekend. It would have been nice to have been given the option.

Perhaps you would attract further volunteers who "were prepared to do the initial work, to try and ensure that things get moving" if you advertised future meetings.

Surely sp, if you were THAT interested, then you could/would have followed the link in the thread when it was posted. Or is this too good an opportunity to miss for a bit of 'bashing'.

I sincerely hope it's not, and now that you once again have the link to hand, then you can follow it up straight away.

I daresay that wiz will also take your comment to heart and provide us with a 'sticky' topic  which you can follow.

For your information, however, Sunday's meeting simply highlighted some of the problems faced by other organisations when launching trusts, and helped us to form a clearer picture as to how to set up the first 'open' meeting, along with underlining the legal and financial implications involved.  

I`ve been very careful with the wording in my threads to try and avoid being accused of being critical; which I am not but I suppose it was inevitable. I`ll repeat, I`ve said from the start that I support the idea of a trust if run correctly.

I was unable to attend the first meeting in February but that is the last time anything was posted on this site re meetings. The link given (on 5th May by Wizard) was an e-mail address so can I take it that if you didn`t contact the e-mail address then it was considered that you weren`t interested.

Shouldn`t it be the other way around, whereby meetings, even the initial "set up" ones, are openly announced and supporters can decide for themselves if they want to/can attend or not?

If everything was so open, why did Quagmire have to post the thread in the first place??

Edited by s.pimpernel
In Pivac we trust
ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 9:48am

I`ve been very careful with the wording in my threads to try and avoid being accused of being critical; which I am not but I suppose it was inevitable. I`ll repeat, I`ve said from the start that I support the idea of a trust if run correctly.

You've already insinuated a lack of openness, when the open meeting hasn't  even been announced yet. Is this your idea of 'support' ?

I was unable to attend the first meeting in February but that is the last time anything was posted on this site re meetings. The link given (on 5th May by Wizard) was an e-mail address so can I take it that if you didn`t contact the e-mail address then it was considered that you weren`t interested.

Shouldn`t it be the other way around, whereby meetings, even the initial "set up" ones, are openly announced and supporters can decide for themselves if they want to/can attend or not?

If we'd waited until everyone could make a meeting, we'd still be waiting now. If someone didn't respond to the initial request, either by email or PM, it seems reasonable to assume they weren't interested.

Read my last post.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 10:43am

Ffs, someone trying to benefit the club and supporters and there are moans! leave them to it mun. If it was gallacher running it I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole but I know a couple of people involved and they're cushti mun. I assume people can get on board at some point so leave things kick off without all the "suspicions" and see what develops.

Whatever I can afford (not a lot!) will be gladly invested in the scheme as it's supporter run and will be in the very public eye and liable for scrutiny.

ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 11:00am
Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

Ffs, someone trying to benefit the club and supporters and there are moans! leave them to it mun. If it was gallacher running it I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole but I know a couple of people involved and they're cushti mun. I assume people can get on board at some point so leave things kick off without all the "suspicions" and see what develops.

Whatever I can afford (not a lot!) will be gladly invested in the scheme as it's supporter run and will be in the very public eye and liable for scrutiny.

Thanks no.6
You don't have to be a shareholder to join a trust btw, as the shares are 'pooled'
The cost is usually set at the average price of one home game, so should be well within what the 'average' supporter can afford.
I would urge people to read the Supporters Direct website.

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 11:55am

So who are these supporters direct?

I wasn't available to attend the first meeting, but have told a number of people that i was willing to help, but heard nothing since. so i took it as not required.....

I for one am a bit sceptical on what the trust is aiming to achieve, please don't take this the wrong way Ursa, but like I said, what do the supporters trust want to achieve out of this, a voice on the board for the supporters? the ability to help players in times of need? what...............

There's nothing that i can find on the website that states this? What will happen to the money raised by the supporters trust? how much of it will end up in the clubs coffers? these are honest questions guys.. not a go at anyone or a cynical view.. I just want answers......

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic