Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Supporters Trust - Any News ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 12:17pm

Originally posted by laura laura wrote:

Why is it so Hush Hush Then? Most of us on here know there was a meeting last sunday lunchtime in The Sandpiper, what's the need for total discretion on who attended the meeting and who didn't? Seems a little bit childish if you ask me. If there's a trust going to start up which is of benefit to The Scarlets and LLanelli RFC then the more that know about this the Better. Let's not keep people in the dark about issues like this.

There have been numerous messages on this forum asking for people interested to join a working group. As such, many people who had not previously met were brought together and a working group of sorts has been established. It was an open invitation to any interested Scarlets supporter. Anyone could have attended or got involved.

No cloak and dagger, no hush hush in the slightest. You asked me about last weekend's meeting and I said you were welcome to come along if you were interested.

Lets not try and find a problem over this when one clearly does not exist.

Sponsored Links

s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by ursamajor ursamajor wrote:

You've already insinuated a lack of openness, when the open meeting hasn't  even been announced yet. Is this your idea of 'support' ?

Quagmire initially posted if there were any updates and the response from "supporters-trust" was that there had been many meetings. This was then added to by Laura who stated that there had been a meeting in the Sandpiper last Sunday.

I`ll repeat for the umpteenth time, I think the trust is a good idea but in Laura and Salmidach, you have two people who appear willing to help but had no idea about what was happening. As I said, there may have been people who could not attend the initial meeting but would now like to get involved. That is a good thing surely.

From a personal point of view, due to my location I am not in a position to assist directly but that does not mean that I am un-interested. Did you actually go to Bloomsbury for your meeting?

In Pivac we trust
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

So who are these supporters direct?

I wasn't available to attend the first meeting, but have told a number of people that i was willing to help, but heard nothing since. so i took it as not required.....

I for one am a bit sceptical on what the trust is aiming to achieve, please don't take this the wrong way Ursa, but like I said, what do the supporters trust want to achieve out of this, a voice on the board for the supporters? the ability to help players in times of need? what...............

There's nothing that i can find on the website that states this? What will happen to the money raised by the supporters trust? how much of it will end up in the clubs coffers? these are honest questions guys.. not a go at anyone or a cynical view.. I just want answers......

Hi sal, in short, the aspirations and aims of each individual trust are set by the trust members, therefore, at this stage, there are simply no set aims and goals as such, but will be agreed upon by consensus at the  launch meeting stage of the trust. At that point, it is ONE MEMBER, ONE VOTE, so each and every fan who decides to get involved will have the opportunity to voice his/her opinion, and contribute to deciding what the trust wants to achieve.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 4:19pm
okay how about i propose this. a one off Q+A meeting is set so people who are querieing in this topic that they haven't heard anything for a while can attend and have no excuses they weren't told!  
wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 5:45pm

without loosing my rag, here goes once again.

The 1st proper meesting called an "Open Meeting" has not taken place yet.

Everyone and I mean everyone will be allowed to attend.

The Current working " steering" group which current exists was created by volunteers who were available to make the 1st few unofficial meetings to try and start the ball rolling on the setting up of a Scarlets Supporters Trust.

from below you can see that is step 1.2

we are currently working on 1.3 and 1.5.

1.4 is sorted hopefully, it will be the Tetleys Suite @Stradey.

There is no website set up for us, we have no name for the trust. There is loads to do once the supporters meet up and vote their approval for seting up a trust.

If you have more questions then feel free to pop them up on here and I'm sure we will answer them. As we all have stated in this thread we are not trying to hide anything.

But we don't need a 100 people at this point to setup the open meeting.

Right time to go and hit the tackle bags and not take my fustration out on my fellow players

Originally posted by wizard wizard wrote:

and incase you are wondering whats the open meeting all about heres the offical doc from supporters direct

Stage One
Open meeting to introduce the Trust

Current ? 06/06/03

1.1 Rationale for open meeting

An initial open meeting can be used to introduce Supporters Direct and the principles and philosophy behind the Supporters? Trust movement. It is a good opportunity to provide examples about what has happened at other clubs and with other Supporters? Trusts. The meeting can be used to relate both the theory of Trust formation and experiences from other Trusts around the country to the situation at your club. The open meeting is also the stage to get a working group together to take the idea forward, having first obtained the mandate of the meeting to proceed with the formation of a Trust.

1.2 Organisation

Get together a small, focused and capable group of committed supporters to organise the event and contact Supporters Direct for further information. Set a convenient date for the open meeting and plan backwards. Allow enough time for leafleting of home games and for publicity to take effect.

1.3 Publicity

Identify one or two key aims you would like the Trust to achieve, which people can clearly identify with. Use examples from other Trusts, like constructing a better relationship with the club; raising money to buy a shareholding in the club; electing a supporter to the club?s board; uniting divided supporter groups at the club, or simply playing a greater role in the life of the club.

In organising the open meeting be as open, inclusive and transparent as possible. This will prevent any criticism of the Trust being exclusive or lovely. Inform the club and its officials, other supporters? groups, local MPs, councillors and the local media.

If you plan to design a leaflet and distribute it at home games, get the permission of the club to distribute it. Equally, advertise the event in the club programme and fanzines, on Internet message boards and email groups. See
section 2.5 later in this Handbook for more detail on using the media to publicise Trusts.

1.4 Venue

Choose a well-known local place, preferably the football club, but if not, somewhere central and/or near the ground. Book well in advance and get confirmation in writing. Try to have a back up option just in case ? it has been known for groups to be let down. If possible, do a ?dry run? of the event and double check everything.

1.5 Speakers

Ideally, speakers on the night should include the following:

? A Supporters Direct representative
? Representative(s) from other established Supporters? Trusts, preferably in the same division as your club, to hear what they have done at their club
? A well-known local figure to chair the event, such as a radio DJ, or local MP
? The meeting organisers.

1.6 Agenda

Plan an agenda for the meeting (see Appendix 1 for a model agenda) and distribute this at the meeting. Allow time for a Question and Answer session to ensure people have their say and can raise points that are important to them. This will also give the Trust feedback on what issues are of significant interest.

1.7 Mandate

After the ideas are presented, put the proposal to establish a working group to go ahead and register the Trust to the vote. Ask for a show of hands ? those for, against, and abstentions ? and minute the results for post-meeting publicity. It is imperative that there is a mandate from a broad group of people to take the idea of setting up a Trust further, or the group will attract criticism. As already stated, Supporters Direct will only work with groups who are inclusive and accessible to all, and not those dominated by a ?clique?. Ensure that there is a place to sign up members to the working group and for people to put down what skills they have to offer.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 5:49pm
thanks for the answer wiz, everything a bit clearer now.
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 6:02pm
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Quagmire initially posted if there were any updates and the response from "supporters-trust" was that there had been many meetings. This was then added to by Laura who stated that there had been a meeting in the Sandpiper last Sunday.

I`ll repeat for the umpteenth time, I think the trust is a good idea but in Laura and Salmidach, you have two people who appear willing to help but had no idea about what was happening. As I said, there may have been people who could not attend the initial meeting but would now like to get involved. That is a good thing surely.

From a personal point of view, due to my location I am not in a position to assist directly but that does not mean that I am un-interested. Did you actually go to Bloomsbury for your meeting?

I made a vow not to bother replying to your contributions to this forum a few months back, but the stuff you have written on this thread and the way you have written it is blatently unhelpful and you know it's stirring up a lot of unnecessary cynicism and negativity.

I know you think it's funny to play up to this reputation you have created for yourself, but this is a serious and positive thing that people are trying to achieve, so grow up and take a read of the information you have been signposted to because it's clear you barely have a notion what a supporters trust is about, given your contributions to this thread.

mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 6:10pm

Supporters Trust? Great Idea. Thanks to those that have done the unheralded and thankless goundwork. Please let me know when the first meeting is. Please advertise it widely not just on this site. I'm sure that many a lifelong Scarlets fan will not be using this site. People not involved or interested in the Forum. People who have looked at and been put off by the Forum.

As a new member I must say that I'm staggered by the amount of self righteous, pedantic bickering that appears on this site.  If a Supporters Trust is to be of any worth there must be some common cause/purpose and people should feel able to have their say without thinking some someone's waiting to have a go. I hope the petty baiting and egofest that appears here will not be replicated in the Supporters Trust. Its like childrens group therapy sometimes where the last footstomper gets all the attention.

I thought we were all in this together?

mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 6:17pm

Well said.

Details of the Open Meeting (September) will be promoted widely.

ursamajor View Drop Down
Founder
Founder

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ursamajor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by mammamammon mammamammon wrote:

Supporters Trust? Great Idea. Thanks to those that have done the unheralded and thankless goundwork. Please let me know when the first meeting is. Please advertise it widely not just on this site. I'm sure that many a lifelong Scarlets fan will not be using this site. People not involved or interested in the Forum. People who have looked at and been put off by the Forum.

As a new member I must say that I'm staggered by the amount of self righteous, pedantic bickering that appears on this site.  If a Supporters Trust is to be of any worth there must be some common cause/purpose and people should feel able to have their say without thinking some someone's waiting to have a go. I hope the petty baiting and egofest that appears here will not be replicated in the Supporters Trust. Its like childrens group therapy sometimes where the last footstomper gets all the attention.

Thanks for some sense mammamammon.
The aim is that the Trust will not be 'forum orientated' and members outside the internet loop will be informed by letter and in good time.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 6:46pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

I made a vow not to bother replying to your contributions to this forum a few months back, but the stuff you have written on this thread and the way you have written it is blatently unhelpful and you know it's stirring up a lot of unnecessary cynicism and negativity.

I know you think it's funny to play up to this reputation you have created for yourself, but this is a serious and positive thing that people are trying to achieve, so grow up and take a read of the information you have been signposted to because it's clear you barely have a notion what a supporters trust is about, given your contributions to this thread.

I suggest that you get your facts right Mike. It was Laura who originally asked why the meeting in the Sandpiper was "hush hush" not me.

I fail to see how asking a reasonable question as to who was at this meeting and what it was about can be viewed as unhelpful. Likewise, asking why a further message was not left on the forum, perhaps for the benefit of those who couldn`t attend the first meeting, is hardly cynicism.

I support the idea of the trust, as I`m sure the whole forum does. Don`t worry about not replying to my threads because I`ve long appreciated that if anyones views don`t agree with yours then they are the ones in the wrong.

In Pivac we trust
Taffscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Taffscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 8:06pm
As someone said above, the trust will be a democratic body - "one member, one vote". So I assume that anyone who wants an elected post could stand if they have the backing of enough fellow members. If elected, they'd get the job. No such body has existed without a small group instigating stuff first.

I sincerely hope the trust gets up and running soon, and knowing some of the guys involved, I've no reason to doubt. Once it gets up and running everyone can have their say throguh the ballot box!

I've nothing but admiration for the guys who've put a lot of effort in since that first meeting in February. I think eveyone should get off their backs.

Edited by Taffscarlet
Daw dydd y bydd mawr y rhai bychain

Daw dydd ni bydd mwy y rhai mawr.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 June 2006 at 9:06pm
Originally posted by mammamammon mammamammon wrote:

Good post mammamammon, this is something we're already addressing, not only will all members be informed by letter, but we also have an agreement in principle from SG to publicise the event via (probably) the match programmes in the run-up to the open meeting, as well as the local media. 

So as everyone can see, we ARE trying to make sure that as many people as possible will be aware  of the FIRST meeting, and will be invited to attend.  

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 12:06pm
Indeed SR - it is also the case that people have joined the working group SINCE the first get-together because of awareness from this forum.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 1:28pm

Indeed SR - it is also the case that people have joined the working group SINCE the first get-together because of awareness from this forum.

Me included Mike, since I too was unable to make it to Cardiff.

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 June 2006 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

Me included Mike, since I too was unable to make it to Cardiff.

as far as i can see the last post was in january asking for volunteers and there was a small update on it in may, that's why i started this topic really. i'm sure i've had a reply in here somewhere!

Edited by Quagmire
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic