Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Llanelli AFC v Gelfe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrumpTowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Llanelli AFC v Gelfe
    Posted: 12 July 2006 at 9:26am

The first football match to be played at Stradey in 127 years!

It would be great if there could be a full house down SP.

If you build it, they will come.
Sponsored Links

Fozzie View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Gas-mask optional.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 11:54am
any idea when it is? I haven't heard anything about the game yet but I'll be there
f'dang b'dang boy
laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 12:49pm
Originally posted by Fozzie Fozzie wrote:

any idea when it is? I haven't heard anything about the game yet but I'll be there

Thursday 27th July. The away leg is tomorrow night out in Gefle.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 3:33pm

I'll be taking my girls to that, their first sporting occasion and it's a history making Euro tie! Can't see them breaking the 2,000 mark but with Reds fans as well as other local footy fans and the rugby curious 'cos it's in Stradey, who knows?

Reds fans are used to a better clubhouse and facilities, be a culture shock going down that shanty shack:)

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 8:02pm

anyone know ticket prices etc for the "home" game?

can you pay on the night or do you have to buy beforehand?

Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

laura View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 8:11pm
Originally posted by bin laden bin laden wrote:

anyone know ticket prices etc for the "home" game?

can you pay on the night or do you have to buy beforehand?

I would have thought it would be pay at the gate Bin, Can't see it selling out!!
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 8:25pm
Aye but you know what it's like getting tickets at Stradey.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by TrumpTowers TrumpTowers wrote:

Like I said a few months ago, I see no reason why Llanelli Reds couldn`t share Pemberton with us. It would mean the stadium getting utilised regularly and could only be good for sport in Llanelli as a whole.

In Pivac we trust
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 10:15pm
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Like I said a few months ago, I see no reason why Llanelli Reds couldn`t share Pemberton with us. It would mean the stadium getting utilised regularly and could only be good for sport in Llanelli as a whole.

Don't think it would be worth it mate considering the average crowds the Reds get. They might well see an attendance increase this season but it won't be spectatcular. The semi pros will also be playing in the new stadium, what an atmos for crowds surging towards the 300 mark! It'll prob be used by the Reds anyway if they capitalise and have another couple of seasons of Euro footy.

Better sense to me would be the semi pros playing on the outside pitch. The Reds? Apart from parking Stebo is a cracking ground with a good clubhouse and supporter facilities. What would happen if the Scarlets went boobs up again (come on guys, twice with the same ceo?)? The Reds wouldn't attract finances to keep the place open and they'd be homeless.

s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2006 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

Don't think it would be worth it mate considering the average crowds the Reds get. They might well see an attendance increase this season but it won't be spectatcular. The semi pros will also be playing in the new stadium, what an atmos for crowds surging towards the 300 mark! It'll prob be used by the Reds anyway if they capitalise and have another couple of seasons of Euro footy.

Better sense to me would be the semi pros playing on the outside pitch. The Reds? Apart from parking Stebo is a cracking ground with a good clubhouse and supporter facilities. What would happen if the Scarlets went boobs up again (come on guys, twice with the same ceo?)? The Reds wouldn't attract finances to keep the place open and they'd be homeless.

Oh I agree and it was more an out loud thought than anything else.

Saying that if Pemberton gets built, and the Reds start to dominate the LOW ( which should ensure regular European football albeit at the qualifying stages), then I hope that they use Pemberton as I think it would be a marvelous advert for llanelli and for domestic welsh football.

The law of averages states that one day, a minnow will qualify from the qualifying stages of the Champions league and make it to the initial group stages.

Llanelli Reds V Chelsea played at Pemberton Park, you heard it here first

In Pivac we trust
y ddraig bwyd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote y ddraig bwyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 4:31pm
Tickets for the second leg are £10 each from the Stradey box office. Capacity will be approx. 4600 as it has to be all seated.(not sure about concession prices -ask!)
y ddraig bwyd
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 5:10pm

Originally posted by y ddraig bwyd y ddraig bwyd wrote:

Tickets for the second leg are £10 each from the Stradey box office. Capacity will be approx. 4600 as it has to be all seated.(not sure about concession prices -ask!)

why all seated? didn't know there were only that many seats in stradey too

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2006 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Quagmire Quagmire wrote:

Originally posted by y ddraig bwyd y ddraig bwyd wrote:

why all seated? didn't know there were only that many seats in stradey too

It's an FA ruling covering top class fixtures in England/Wales implemented after Hillsborough and the Taylor Report (which confirmed the police were at fault, a pet hatred of mine, because of their ineptness I now can't stand in a terracing area up the Albion. Another debate for another time). It covers internationals/cup competitions/Premier league and next div down. Cardiff for example have a time period to convert/move due to only getting promoted in last couple of seasons. Don't know if Uefa followed and the ruling now applies to mainland Europe. It's more than enough for the Reds, but i'm really gutted because I was going to take my girls and watch from the town end of the North Enc with them in the pushchair.

scarlets 4eva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarlets 4eva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2006 at 7:14pm

tickets are adult- £10

child/concession- £5

I will be there.........was down stradey today and had a look at the pitch........it looks great

SCARLET FEVER TV - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN7pGq1i2jhev2YLcZ89h7Q/videos
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 8:05am

So not only will we have the scarlets playing there, but also Llanelli RFC and the reds..... there's only one saturday every week Pimp....... and as the football league and the rugby league play their games on saturdays and also the chance of the occassional saturday game for the scarlets, you'd never get enough weekends...

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
foelturk View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foelturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2006 at 10:33pm
Lets go a long and support the Reds at Stradey,great result out in Sweden,should be a great occasion .
"Kids they are mun!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic