Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SUPPORTERS TRUST NEWS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Petition Final Details

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Petition Final Details
    Posted: 04 September 2006 at 10:21am

Just to remind all that's coming to Cardiff Bay tomorrow:

We need to meet Dan (from Merlin) at 10:15am on the steps of the Assembly Senedd. The handover is scheduled for 10:30am. Dan has been trying mercilessly to get Carwyn Jones to attend but fears he won't. He is going to get final confirmation of who, from the ministerial department, is going to attend today.

He's arranged media (I'm not sure who or what - TV, radio or press).

I've had responses from Sal and Redeyes that they will attend, but no answer from Andrew's Dad. So that should make it myself, Dorian, Mike, Wayne, Jason and Ian. Not sure about Nicki - if you read this, are you coming? All others are still welcome to attend.

See you all tomorrow.

As Mike said, we need another get together before the 28th, which is looming quickly. I'm away in a conference in Montpellier for a few days the week after next (17th to 20th).

Edited by Abbey
Sponsored Links

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 5:06pm

ITV News can't make the hand over so they've asked to meet at HTV Studios in Culverhouse Cross at 09:30am to do an interview. I will be there and I know that Dorian is bringing the petitions along. Anyone else fancy it?

Dan will meet us there and has red boxes and ribbon to tidy up the petitions so that they can be handed over with a modicum of respect. We still don't know if Carwyn Jones will be at the Senedd to accept them. Unfortunately, Dorian tells me that the Tetley rep is on leave and so the Pembrokeshire petitions have not come back (am I right in thinking that there are a couple of thousand there?). This means that we can only actually hand in 11,300 signatures.

I was just phoned by Radio Carmarthenshire for Scarlets FM (?) and they have recorded an interview. He was quite tame actually and I deflected any tricky questions away. I must be getting used to this now!

If anyone wants details about the studios and who to ask for, let me know and I'll pass them on.

Edited by Abbey
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 6:06pm

Hi Abbey, I've now got the petition forms from the club, I'm glad you've organised the 'presentation packs' from Daniel, as they are in two box files at the moment.

Are we meeting up with Daniel prior to the HTV studios tomorrow, as I think we need the visual impact of his packs for that interview, also Richard said that Daniel is printing out the online signatures. Has he confirmed this? if not, we need confirmation from him tonight, or we'll have to do so ourselves. 

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 6:38pm

I won't be able to get hold of Dan tonight, so perhaps it would be better if we printed them off ourselves as insurance. Is this easily done, Wayne? (I shouldn't think it would be rocket science!!).

Dan is meeting us at the studios - I imagine he'll be in reception. We will be able to place the petitions in the packs prior to being interviewed.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 7:03pm

We can't print out the whole details from the website.

You have to access the database / backend of the site for the whole address.

Which I/we cant do from here.

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 7:18pm

So it is rocket science

We'll assume that Dan will do his stuff tomorrow then.

Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2006 at 7:24pm

In the meantime, I'll print out the details we DO have available to us, That is, name and location just in case.

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 9:00am
well done boys.

do we know how many sigs we had ?
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:07pm

We handed in 12,000 with another 2,000 still out there as the Pembroke rep for Tetley is off on leave and they weren't handed in.

Anyway - I believe we got on ITV news and made a good contact at the Evening Post (he's quite miffed because the Stradey 9 phone him every minute of the day and he'd quite like the opposite opinion). No-one from Carwyn Jones' office would meet us, so that's a nice propaganda coup!

All in all, quite a good day.

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:11pm
thanks, well done
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:30pm

I've forwarded the following email to Carwyn Jones:

Dear Mr Jones.

Thank you for your previous email with regard to the Stradey planning application.

Unfortunately, we attempted to hand in the petition supporting the application this morning to the Ministerial department but were refused the courtesy of being able to hand it in to a real person. It is quite a snub that it had to go in via internal mail as the department declined to send someone down.

As the WAG have called the matter in as being of "more than local impotance", it would have been nice to have been afforded the good manners in a democratic society of it being accepted with good grace. I thought that the WAG was better than that.

Never mind. We can now hope for a swift conclusion of the planning application.

Kind Regards

Alun Roderick
Scarlets Supporters Trust Working Group

I have also emailed Ron Cant of the Evening Post with this information.

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:34pm
Well worded Alun - well done all today, esp Alun and Dorian for speaking!
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 1:58pm

You guys have really worked hard on this. Respect is due.

NickiF View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NickiF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 5:55pm

Well done everyone, i'm sorry I couldnt make it but my boy started "the big school" today so I wouldnt have got there in time. I'm kind off glad I missed talking to the tv though, you all know im the shy retiring type

Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 6:01pm
Hope he had a good day at school and realises that he has to go again tomorrow!!
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 6:32pm

Just had the following email from Ron Cant:

Hi Alun
Thanks for your help and support today...keep in touch and hammer over any
points you want to make in future. Have made a play on snub and have passed
story over to Star for you. As a matter of note Dan Tyte said he made
arrangements with Assembly but their press office claim no arrangement was
made or someone would have been there to meet you. But then, they would say
that wouldn't they? Have made a suggestion to Mike on what to do with the
2,000 odd signatures coming from Pembs...get them to Carwyn Jones's home,
unannounced! Just make sure you get a pic of it for publicity purposes!
Done something like this myself...it works. Time to up the ante...firmly,
fairly, if controversially.
Ron

Interesting that he seems to have "suffered" the Stradey 9 (his own words!).

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic