Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

world cup or european cup

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletHeart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 8:58pm
How about a Poll?

Edited by ScarletHeart

[IMG]
Sponsored Links

SMELLYMIKE View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler
Apple rule

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SMELLYMIKE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 9:11pm
ill take the hooker playing for tooloose
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 9:11pm
FATGAV that's because the only time youv'e been in europe at knockout time is on holiday or a booze cruise, you have no idea what we are talkingb about.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 9:24pm
 In all fairness, it's difficult to equate the two "desires". Wales, as a rugby team( nation) will, in all probabilty, continue. The Scarlets, on the other hand, are facing an uncertain future. A H.C. win would go a long way to helping secure that future. In this professional era a top team based in a town of about 40,000 people is a rarity ( Agen & Castres have similar populations but are probably much more affluent). We punch above our weight and I hope it continues. For me, I want both but one would have far more benefit in the longer term for my community than the other.
turkishdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 9:25pm
im not being paranoid mate,but when this has been discussed in the past people have said you should put country before club,im just saying no you shouldnt

Edited by turkishdave
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 9:32pm

you can if you want though, can`t you?

Sant View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 9:33pm

The Scarlets winning the HC. However, it might be close if the Wales team had an all Scarlet selection.

wizard View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
No Longer An Admin of SF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wizard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 10:27pm

A poll has now been created to view the results easier

http://www.scarletfever.org/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=9103&a mp;PN=1&TPN=1

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2006 at 10:58pm
If Wales lose the poll, I`m going to start a petition, so that all of you change your minds, and i will send it downing street, you swines
tisiphone View Drop Down
Burn, baby, burn.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tisiphone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 12:00am
Wales first. Sorry bois.
Swansea Osprey
turkishdave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 7:09am

of course you can,i didnt word that very well,lol.i just dont think anyone can say it should be wales first,or it should be scarlets first.also notice on the ospreys forum fatgav has said we are selfish,and is seriously thinking of changing his mind with regaurds our survival.selfish isnt a word i'd use just far more passionate about our club i'd say

TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 9:07am
club before country
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 9:26am
Originally posted by turkishdave turkishdave wrote:

of course you can,i didnt word that very well,lol.i just dont think anyone can say it should be wales first,or it should be scarlets first.also notice on the ospreys forum fatgav has said we are selfish,and is seriously thinking of changing his mind with regaurds our survival.selfish isnt a word i'd use just far more passionate about our club i'd say

The real underlying root to all of this and also the amount of Anti-scarlet sentiment on the other bulletin boards lies in the amazingly cack-handed way professionalis and "regionalism" (laugh? - almost paid me taxes) was brought into being in Wales.

Despite all of the cr@p surrounding the four regions, we have Superclubs in Wales which is actually what we should have had all along. The trouble was that the WRU behaved in way that Pol Pot and the Khmer Rouge would have been proud in that they attempted to create a ground zero approach to enable a gerry mandered new era to take place. The trouble with this was lack of clout and money.

What has happened now is that the rest of Wales now hates the Scarlets (and Cardiff for that matter) for standing up to Moffet and Co and this hasnew descended into a tit for tat series of actions. They hate us, we then develop a bunker mentality that everyone hates us so "sod off wales" what have the national team done for us etc and so on.

Me? I'm as schizoid as the anyone in this but the sad thing about the whole subject is that there shouldn't be (and in the real world isn't) any way where both couldn't and shouldn't be achieved at the same time.

I guess what I am trying to say is that this whole topic is rather an exercise in mischief making and actually does our cause absolutely sod all and actually the more I think about it does more damge than good in the current climate.

After all, here we are trying to throw ourselves on the mercy of the WAG and we go and publish a Poll that states that Scarlets fans don't really give sh1t about Wales anyway but can you please let us build our stadium anyway.

When you think of it in those terms we hardly help our cause do we boys and girls?

Best thing we could do is bin the poll AND fast and also stop this discussion. Given the sensitivity of the current climate, from an outsiders perspective this does us no good at all.

Also this should really be an off season fun topic some other time.

My 2p, feel free to have a go.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 9:54am

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

FATGAV that's because the only time youv'e been in europe at knockout time is on holiday or a booze cruise, you have no idea what we are talkingb about.

And that is the heart of the difference. We have been very close to the HC on two occasions, losing semi finals by the odd point or two in the last 5 minutes to the eventual winners. The World cup- well we got to the semi of the first one, beating England in the quarters, a match as boring as our win over Cardiff in the HC quarters in 2000. Once we were in the semis we got stuffed by 50 points by the All Blacks though, so we have never had a sniff of the World Cup.

The HC represents unfinished business, wrongs to be put right, etc, etc, etc

The World Cup has always been something other people win and we do ok if we get out of the group stage.

So I'll go for the HC. But ask me about a Wales victory over the All Blacks and I would put that right up along the HC because again it is about Haden's dive and JPR's disallowed try etc, etc, etc   

yedarts View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yedarts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 10:00am
Wales. No doubt whatsoever.

Edited by yedarts
OwenR View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OwenR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 September 2006 at 1:23pm

I'm shocked! 

I consider myself a big Scarlets fan, but maybe I should have a re-think!!!!

Wales every time, without a shadow of a doubt.  Yes, I'd love for the Scarlets to do the HC, but I seriously can't see how it can compare with Wales winning the world cup!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>
  Share Topic