Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

stupid football chants at games!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
Author
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 12:27pm

Originally posted by rap columbo rap columbo wrote:

no 6, you`re no stephen fry are you

Ah dear boy, there's only one thing worse than being talked about, and that's not being talked about!

I know that's Wilde, but Fry played him so I claim justification:)

Sponsored Links

Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 2:13pm

Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

a peremptory configuration for any congrous that envisages the proletariat support. Hopefully resulting in a proscribe of negativity and implementation of ruination of opposing factions.

Say that again in Polish.....

Fozzie View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Gas-mask optional.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 2:30pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Say that again in Polish.....

I can't speak Polish but here it is in French, which I also can't speak.

une configuration péremptoire pour congrous qui envisage l'appui de prolétariat. Si tout va bien ayant pour résultat une proscription de négativité et l'exécution du ruination des factions d'opposition

f'dang b'dang boy
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by rap columbo rap columbo wrote:

no 6, you seem to use the word indicitive in all your recent posts, have you just learned this word, and want to show it off?

everyone is [beep]ging off the liberty as soulless and a concrete bowl, what is pemberton going to be, then?

in fairness to the ospreys, there did seem to be a tidy atmosphere on friday, you could tell what it meant to the players and fans at the final whistle.

i think alot of posters on here have got to get away from this superiority complex over other regions when it comes to fans, we keep getting thousands and thousands of people to sign petitions, but why don`t these people come to home games?

pemberton will have one thing which enhances atmosphere. TERRACING!!!!!!!!!!! LOOK AT FRANKLINS GARDENS!!!!!.

i don`t get where people get off saying we wont fill it.

did they say that about the horse sprays when they were struggling to get over 3000 in st helens and the gnoll? no. build it, they will come. pemberton/trostre is the boom area of llanelli. the scarlet will be wise to situate themselves smack bang in the middle of it. like it or not.

MikeM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 8:28pm

Just to get back on topic.

Whats wrong with stupid football chants at rugby then. Anyone that doesn't like it. Get a grip it'll always be with us.

Through Thick And Thin!
boobyer-legend! View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boobyer-legend! Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 8:47pm

I personally hate chants and anything football related as i said on first post....    but lets unite on friday night at stradey for a cracking bonus point win and sing our hearts out for the boys( and new welsh captain) for eighty minutes

ON that note lets make sure all the chatters are stopped for stevos kicks!!! absolute silence give hima big boost!

wwat dyou reckon

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2006 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by boobyer-legend! boobyer-legend! wrote:

I personally hate chants and anything football related as i said on first post....    but lets unite on friday night at stradey for a cracking bonus point win and sing our hearts out for the boys( and new welsh captain) for eighty minutes

ON that note lets make sure all the chatters are stopped for stevos kicks!!! absolute silence give hima big boost!

wwat dyou reckon

you`re right, and you know you are

you`re right, and you know you are (pet shop boys)

scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2006 at 10:18am

Whilst I agree that the etiquette is sadly disappearing from our game, I hasten to point out the cacophony of noise that accompanied Stevo's kicking during his 2 seasons in France. A bit more than the dozen or so whistles or shouts we hear at Stradey, & he still managed to be named best outside half in the "Top 14" Incidentally there was a World Class OH that said he would rather noise when he was kicking, as silence was "Louder" & set the nerves jangling!! 

Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
DgembaDgemba View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DgembaDgemba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2006 at 1:24pm
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Whilst I agree that the etiquette is sadly disappearing from our game, I hasten to point out the cacophony of noise that accompanied Stevo's kicking during his 2 seasons in France. A bit more than the dozen or so whistles or shouts we hear at Stradey, & he still managed to be named best outside half in the "Top 14" Incidentally there was a World Class OH that said he would rather noise when he was kicking, as silence was "Louder" & set the nerves jangling!! 

Definatly.  Ask any top flight outside half what its like to kick in Thomond Park!!  Daunting is an understatement.

We had an after dinner speaker at our local club a last year who said that one outside half from the guinness (cant remember who sorry) asked his mates in the crowd to start whistling when he was taking the kicks because he couldnt stand the silence

The localised condition of planetary atmospheric condensation caused a malfunction in the visual orientation circuits...

Or to put it another way, we got lost in the fog.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 567
  Share Topic