Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Missing Link!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TrumpTowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Missing Link!
    Posted: 31 October 2006 at 10:46am
Just tried getting on the message board and the link has been removed from the Scarlets website? Anyone know why this is?
If you build it, they will come.
Sponsored Links

mAce View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
I'm Real

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 11:37am
We are looking into it and will get back to you all as soon as we hear from the club.
mAce View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
I'm Real

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mAce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 1:38pm

We have contacted the club.

The link has been removed by the club due to content issues.

If you use the Scarlets site to find this forum, please update your bookmarks to http://www.scarletfever.org

We'll give more information as we get it.

sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 2:19pm
Originally posted by mAce mAce wrote:

We have contacted the club.

The link has been removed by the club due to content issues.

If you use the Scarlets site to find this forum, please update your bookmarks to http://www.scarletfever.org

We'll give more information as we get it.

Sounds abit dubious to me?

Has this anything to do with the apparent Stalinist approach to the moderation of any of the discussion streams regarding the alleged fracas involving some of the clubs players over the weekend.

I have only just come back from being away for a few days and I am trying to track down onfo on what has happened and it seems every time that a topic opens up it gets closed.

Surely not the Secret Police again?
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 3:16pm
it wasn't me this time
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 3:17pm

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

it wasn't me this time

Can't have been either of us, we saw each other in Asda and have cast iron alibis! 

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 3:19pm
Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

Originally posted by salmidach salmidach wrote:

it wasn't me this time

Can't have been either of us, we saw each other in Asda and have cast iron alibis! 

that's right..... and i never said anything about squad selection
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 3:20pm
I think the story had run it's course and was right to be a closed topic.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

Fozzie View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Gas-mask optional.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 4:33pm

Originally posted by bin laden bin laden wrote:

I think the story had run it's course and was right to be a closed topic.

oh, it was you, was it? What have you said now?

f'dang b'dang boy
bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 4:36pm
not guilty your honour,I couldnt speak this weekend.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 8:15pm
and these are the people we are fighting for to help them survive,
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2006 at 10:42pm
Maybe they don't like insinuations about members of management or how poorly our club is managed - truth hurts sometimes
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Fozzie View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Gas-mask optional.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fozzie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 9:09am

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

and these are the people we are fighting for to help them survive,

I think a lot of them were fighting just for the sake of it as well

f'dang b'dang boy
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 1:56pm

Whats the latest on this???

Surely a simple disclaimer protects the club from any comebacks from the content on the SF site. The BBC manage to have links to all sorts.

Maybe the club does not need its supporters anymore?

Edited by Bryn@man
Chesswithdeath View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Bryn@man Bryn@man wrote:

Whats the latest on this???

Surely a simple disclaimer protects the club from any comebacks from the content on the SF site. The BBC manage to have links to all sorts.

Maybe the club does not need its supporters anymore?

Perhaps I ought to stay quiet on this, but I cant.

I agree the disclaimer ought to be sufficient and I genuinely think this forum has served the club well - our moderators have been superb and we've always listened to the club's concerns over matters of content etc.

The removal of the link is regrettable but not unexpected - I think is speaks volumes about our (the Scarlets) current situation. When times are tough - you should realise who your true allies/friends are. Its a shame that just as the club was getting its act together in terms of marketing and events, this happens.

Individuals at Stradey it seems are completely devoid of a sense of humour, and are ill at ease when views and opinions which do not follow the same exact course as their own appear. Unfortunately such an act as this will inevitably only serve to play into the hands of the Scarlet management's detractors - I hear the sounds of busy keyboards at the Llanelli Star office as we speak.

What the hell, we're all still Scarlets fans, keep the posts coming...

Er gwaetha pawb a phopeth
Ry'n ni yma o hyd.

Edited by Chesswithdeath
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2006 at 2:23pm

"In 2006 a rugby forum was forced to close down by a rugby club for comments they didn't like. That site promptly became active by admin and was forced to work on a secret server. Today, still wanted by the club, they survive as soldiers of free speech. If you have an issue, don't like gwlad and if you have google to find them, maybe you can post on - Scarletfever"

da da da daaa da da daaaa

'i ain't going on no gwlad damn fool!'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic