Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foxy and Scott.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foxy and Scott.
    Posted: 18 March 2017 at 8:53pm
Is there anyway they can stay away, as they are pants with Wales, and will only weaken our run in chances.
I hope that Pivac leaves them out, and sticks with Hadleigh and Steff.

The rest will be welcomed back.
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 8:56pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

Is there anyway they can stay away, as they are pants with Wales, and will only weaken our run in chances.
I hope that Pivac leaves them out, and sticks with Hadleigh and Steff.

The rest will be welcomed back.
Foxy  played very well today, his stats have also been really high in the Six Nations,

Steff Hughes is a steady eddie player offering very little in attack.

But yes lets leave out our best line breaker in Scott. I mean he was rubbish against Toulon and Saracens wasn't he?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 8:58pm
Bit harsh, foxy played well today, scott unfortunately played himself out of an outside chance to tour with the lions. PIvac will be delighted to get his squad back from the internationals without any significant injuries. Thought ball put in a real shift today, could well have put himself on the standby list for the lions.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 9:01pm
Thought all the Scarlets did well today against a big, physical French outfit. Glad to have them all back fit.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 9:08pm
Neither had any decent attacking ball to work with today. Both have had strong tournaments and justified their selections.

mr geraint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mr geraint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 9:23pm
Centres usually look pretty poor outside a fly-half who sits deep and offers no threat.

Biggar does a lot of very good things but offering centres a chance to shine is not one of them.

Also, Wales' pressure game depends on using Foxy as an agressive/disruptive defender. He has made an impressive defensive contribution during the 6N.

I would love to see them off some go-forward ball behind Aled and Patch (half-backs who both threaten the line and can distribute).
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 9:24pm
 Scott out of sorts today,but played well during the tournament,Foxy as always made the hard yards today,the problem is at 10,Biggar lies to deep and does not possess the passing game to bring the centres on to ball well enough .

It will be great to have all our Internationals back in the Scarlets shirt .
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 9:52pm
Big problem today was Webb he was very slow to get to rucks how many times did forwards act as SH after looking where he was causing slow ball he had numerous kicks charged down and went for glory with overlap outside him . Biggar is not an intl 10 full stop. Scott seems to be struggling from Vale fever where your form goes out of window because of too much exposure to Howley the cure is a week with Wayne he be fine for Friday and should start with HP foxy on bench.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 10:34pm
The big problem today was Barnes who got himself in a position where the French scrum could go up, down, sideways or in a circle and he penalised us. The timekeeping went awol after 80 minutes so Samson's yellow card lasted all of 2 minutes of playing time and a heap of other things went askew.

If we had won this game, I think there would be more recognition of the lack of space for centres in the 6 nations. Joseph looked ordinary for England today. However, that said, the players coming back from the six nations need to be fed back in carefully. They come back with a variety of issues from Jake's injury, the centres, Liam, Rob and Ken's heavy workload- (is Ken the first hooker to be on a pitch for 100 minutes?) and the complete rustiness of the two scrumhalves and Steff. Get it wrong and we will lose to Edinburgh as we did two years ago in the same fixture.

I forgot John Barclay- he comesunder the heavy workload category.

Edited by John - 18 March 2017 at 10:38pm
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2017 at 10:43pm
While I don't agree with the sentiments of the original post, I'll agree that there's now a lot of centres ahead of Scott for the Lions tour, and almost as many ahead of Foxy - Jonathon Joseph, Farrell, Alex Dunbar, Huw Jones, Robbie Henshaw have all had very good tournaments.
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 12:06am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

While I don't agree with the sentiments of the original post, I'll agree that there's now a lot of centres ahead of Scott for the Lions tour, and almost as many ahead of Foxy - Jonathon Joseph, Farrell, Alex Dunbar, Huw Jones, Robbie Henshaw have all had very good tournaments.

It was Robbie Henshaw who potentially cost Ireland the game against Wales (without wishing to minimise how well Wales generally played then - I was there).
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 12:08am
Have Foxy and Scott played for the Scarlets together at all this season?  From what I recall, practically every match has seen at least one of them either injured or rested.  Was all the excitement about Foxy coming home just a lot of hot air?
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 2:53am
Wow blame lying with Barnes and or Webb wtf you [beep]s been on? We were poo yet again! Tom Francis proved he cannot scrummage for poo! We were lucky to be ahead most of the game. France deserved to win end of! Bloody well done Ireland is the best I can say from today!

Edited by Sosban bach - 19 March 2017 at 2:54am
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 6:55am
Not only Francis can't scrummage. Smith proved he's not an international LH. He might be decent around the field but in the scrum, nowhere near international level. And that is not only yesterday. For me, Gill should gave been on the bench. I know he's not on form but at least he can scrummage.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Wow blame lying with Barnes and or Webb wtf you [beep]s been on? We were poo yet again! Tom Francis proved he cannot scrummage for poo! We were lucky to be ahead most of the game. France deserved to win end of! Bloody well done Ireland is the best I can say from today!

If you thought Webb had a good game you were on something stronger than me. I'm not saying it was all his fault far from it the fault lies with poor selection and the stubbornness to stay with a limited game plan because you have selected limited players.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 8:12am
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Dunbar & Jones are the centres who allowed Joseph to score a hat trick of tries off first phase!!! I dread to think what NZ would do with them in midfield. Foxy has had a good 6 nations, Scott had a tough day yesterday but is ahead of Dunbar & Jones in my honest opinion. I am afraid that a number of our better players have had their Lions aspirations affected by continuing selection issues which most of the country can see but Howley will not. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
  Share Topic