Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foxy and Scott.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 11:57am
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

Is there anyway they can stay away, as they are pants with Wales, and will only weaken our run in chances.
I hope that Pivac leaves them out, and sticks with Hadleigh and Steff.

The rest will be welcomed back.
Foxy  played very well today, his stats have also been really high in the Six Nations,

Steff Hughes is a steady eddie player offering very little in attack.

But yes lets leave out our best line breaker in Scott. I mean he was rubbish against Toulon and Saracens wasn't he?

Do you really think JD played well yesterday? I think he's had a really poor 6N. You can quote stats at me, but I know what I've seen. He's gone backwards since he came back from France, and has played himself out of a Lions place.
Yeah he was very solid yesterday. I'd be surprised if he didn't tour. What 13's are ahead of him? Only Joseph? 
He's been poor for us though yes and he's not as good as he used to be
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 12:02pm
Joseph - awesome when in space. He won't get that in NZ.

Dropped after the Wales game, subbed early yesterday.
Feverpitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 12:08pm
Originally posted by mr geraint mr geraint wrote:

Centres usually look pretty poor outside a fly-half who sits deep and offers no threat.

Biggar does a lot of very good things but offering centres a chance to shine is not one of them.

Also, Wales' pressure game depends on using Foxy as an agressive/disruptive defender. He has made an impressive defensive contribution during the 6N.

I would love to see them off some go-forward ball behind Aled and Patch (half-backs who both threaten the line and can distribute).

Aled, threatening the defence.... not sure about that !
Unless you are basing it on the one recent performance in Munster after the softening up work had been done and he was playing with the strong wind
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 12:10pm
Lets face it Joseph had a great game against Scotland when their centres decided to take a day off tackling. I would say, based on all 6 nations form that the best two 13's are Foxy & Eliot Daly with Joseph & Ringrose next up. At 12 you have Farrell, Henshaw & Scott. I think the woeful display by the Scottish centres against England has cost them any chance of Lions selection. 
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
SF's only officially endorsed pollster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 12:28pm
Foxy and Scott have the significant disadvantage of playing outside biggar and webb, I'd love to see how they'd play with farrell or sexton at 10 and youngs or Murray at 9.

As most are still talking about them at lions tourists and potentially more then I think it's safe to assume they're good enough to slot back in for us.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 12:35pm
As they've both been playing against the best players in the NH for the past few weeks and have done well, I can't understand why we would not want to see them line up against the Dragons and Treviso. They could do well against both those backlines!!

We need 14 points from the next 3 games to keep the pressure on Ulster, bois.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 1:49pm
What a strange thread!

Foxy one of the stand out performing player of the tournament when it comes to stats of meters made, tackles made etc.

Scott one of the form players in Wales....

Granted foxys form for Scarlets have not been great this year...or Ken....but this 6N they have showed serious quality and booked themselves on the tour to NZ.
Foxy will be test starter in midfield with Farrell...Scott pushing very close.
But hey, let's not pick them!
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

What a strange thread!

Foxy one of the stand out performing player of the tournament when it comes to stats of meters made, tackles made etc.

Scott one of the form players in Wales....

Granted foxys form for Scarlets have not been great this year...or Ken....but this 6N they have showed serious quality and booked themselves on the tour to NZ.
Foxy will be test starter in midfield with Farrell...Scott pushing very close.
But hey, let's not pick them!

On form for us you cannot drop HP and in any case be good for Foxy to have rest as he played most if not full 5 games for Wales in my view Scoot and HP to start foxy on bench.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
swissscarlets View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote swissscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 3:38pm
Let's just get behind all our players internationals and squad players so that we can push on for a top 4 finish.
west is best.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 4:16pm
I would not rush the internationals back too quickly, they need a good rest.   Ken and Rob played their guts out yesterday and were top notch, shame the same effort wasn't there from others.

Edited by Dafen Boy - 19 March 2017 at 4:17pm
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

I would not rush the internationals back too quickly, they need a good rest.   Ken and Rob played their guts out yesterday and were top notch, shame the same effort wasn't there from others.
They didn't lose yesterday because of a lack of effort. That's not a fair criticism of this current side IMO
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
mr geraint View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr geraint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 March 2017 at 4:32pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

They didn't lose yesterday because of a lack of effort. That's not a fair criticism of this current side IMO

agreed
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 7:42am

Is there anyway they can stay away, as they are pants with Wales, and will only weaken our run in chances.

Shameful post mate.  Very poor.
That's the Scarlets, its in their DNA.
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Shameful post mate.  Very poor.
Exactly!

"stay away"
"pants"
"weaken our run in chances"

Seriously now, that's a shocking post. Are you having any regard at all to what goes on with Team Wales?
#George
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 9:31am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Joseph isn`t the answer either.

We should be at a stage now where you could name a probable starting Lions XV for the first test.

I`m struggling to think of one player who is a nailed on cert to start. 
In Pivac we trust
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 9:47am
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Joseph isn`t the answer either.

We should be at a stage now where you could name a probable starting Lions XV for the first test.

I`m struggling to think of one player who is a nailed on cert to start. 

Owen Farrell, there's one.
All Time Favourite Scarlets XV

B Davies, M Jones, R King, J Davies, D James, S Jones, D Peel
R Evans, K Owens, J Davies, V Cooper, C Wyatt, S Easterby, J Davies, S Quinnell
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic