Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foxy and Scott.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 2:59pm
Absolute buffoonery. Decision making on par with Wylie Coyote. Leaving Foxy and Scott out would be akin to picking Cuthbert for Wales against a side unbeaten in 9 squillion....oh wait a minute! Not even my wife would suggest that and she still thinks HP is a better FB than Liam.

Seriously though we are lucky to have 3 top notch centres and some good back up. Lets not get foolish.
Sponsored Links

surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 3:42pm
On a slight tangent (centre wise), anyone know how Steff Hughes is doing?
Joshua24:15
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by seany61 seany61 wrote:

I don't mean to be rude to the person who opened this thread but come on? Scott was the form centre in Wales if not Europe pre 6 nations throughout which I personally thought he played well apart from a below par showing yesterday. The guy is pure class and our biggest attacking threat. He simply has to pay if he's fit.
Foxy hasn't fired for us yet this year but I thought and the stats would suggest that he had a good 6 nation's and I think looked more like his old self. Still waiting for him to flatten someone with a hand off but I'm sure that will come soon. Our centre stock is magnificent, 3 genuinely top drawer players and 2 more than adequate replacements behind that. I for one cant wait to see a few of the internationals back on the field for the run! However, they do face serious competition for places, the boys who have played while they've been away have done a fine job!!
he only has 5 games left to shine.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

On a slight tangent (centre wise), anyone know how Steff Hughes is doing?
iirc, he was due to be fine for Edinburgh match. However, that was said a couple of weeks ago, so only a few days after the match.

Hope someone's got something more current.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Originally posted by PritchyTheScarlet PritchyTheScarlet wrote:

Farrell at 12, with Sexton at 10.

You beat me to it with that answer but it`s a combination that doesn`t fill me with positivity.

In answer to Scarletnut, Warburton is not nailed on to start IMO.
Oh I think he really is TBH
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 March 2017 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Where? 6 or 7? Even 8?
In Pivac we trust
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 March 2017 at 12:54am

Where? 6 or 7? Even 8?
bynea_bullet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bynea_bullet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 12:55pm

Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

I fully expect both Scott and Foxy to be on the plane to NZ with the Lions.

Class is permanent.

Nothing to do with the original thread, but based purely on the 6 nations form, I think both are struggling. That said, their chances are vastly improved cause Gatland is in charge. From a personal point of view, a summer of much needed rest and a full pre-season would benefit both players.

Totally agree with this, both players had an adequate 6N.

Personally I think Scott has been pretty good for us all season. JD on the other hand has gone backwards for me. Needs a summer off to dump some weight and get back to centre skills which doesn't include weight lifting.

Don't think either put a solid case for Lions inclusion.
No costly hangers on please! We've a business to run!!
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 1:15pm
Foxy and Scott have scored 267 points and 53 tries for us, we all know how good they are. Foxy has not had the best of seasons but I'm sure he will rediscover his A game, he's world class and he'll be back to his best eventually, he showed glimpses of it during the 6N. Scott has been very impressive for us in the league this season, he didn't have his best 6N, not aided by the fact that Wales used him as a Jamie Roberts v.2, if he was given the freedom to play his natural game Wales would have benefited hugely. These two are going to be important for us in the run-in, in defence and attack. They both have the 'game breaking' moment of magic in their locker, and that may be required at some point in the coming weeks. 
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 1:18pm

Where? 6 or 7? Even 8?

7, with Stander at 6 and either Vunipola or Faletau at 8.
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 2:36pm

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Oh I think he really is TBH</span>

Where? 6 or 7? Even 8?

I'm liking that back row
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 4:35pm

On statistics, Foxy was the top outside centre in the Championship, making over 100 metres more than Garry Ringrose.

He made more breaks, beat more defenders and regathered more kicks than the Irishman. He was better defensively, too.

ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 6:37pm
Well, well.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 6:44pm
Up until the England game ringrose was distinctly average.

One thing that is always pretty consistent when foxy plays is the opposition outside backs rarely look good, and there's no coincidence there.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 7:00pm
Foxy and Scott are going to wreak havoc in the remaining P12 games.
Havoc, I tell ya
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 March 2017 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

<span style="line-height: 1.4;">Oh I think he really is TBH</span>

Where? 6 or 7? Even 8?

I'm liking that back row

Two Tongans and a South African in the "British & Irish" Lions? Just LOL!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567>
  Share Topic