Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Foxy Captain of Wales

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletCyclops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Foxy Captain of Wales
    Posted: 07 February 2019 at 10:54am
Congratulations to The Fox on gaining the Wales captaincy on his 70th appearance. Long overdue.
Sponsored Links

cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 12:17pm

Llongyfarchiadau Jon.  Hope you get to play for Wales alongside Cubby one day.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 February 2019 at 7:30pm
Da iawn, Jon! A great honour, and well deserved.
โ€œYou cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.โ€ (Jonathan Swift)
Rubrum View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rubrum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 8:42pm
A great honour for Foxy but quite honestly the Wales team scraped by in Rome.
Well done Foxy, a win as a captain of our country first time out. Impressive.
I would be happy to just have pulled on the shirt, just once, but as captain....
Well, I can dream can't I?
In a world where you can be anything โ€“ Be Kind.
Rubrum
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 9:42pm
Yes a great honour, I think Delme also from Bancyfelin captained Wales on one occasion too.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 10:06pm
No disrespect to our great Foxy but who is the proper successor to the great AWJ as Wales Captain? Ken is getting on a bit? Itโ€™s usually a forward ๐Ÿค” I struggle tbh ?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

Yes a great honour, I think Delme also from Bancyfelin captained Wales on one occasion too.
Delme has indeed ๐Ÿ‘
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

No disrespect to our great Foxy but who is the proper successor to the great AWJ as Wales Captain? Ken is getting on a bit? Itโ€™s usually a forward ๐Ÿค” I struggle tbh ?

Tipuric, Corey hill, Ellis Jenkins are three that I can think of.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 10:43pm
Thought Foxy was very quiet with the ref.today, not in his ear at all. The Italians were offside a lot at the ruck and came through from the side to play havoc with Aled. A forward as Captain would have been close at hand to have a word.
The Welsh squad is very short of leaders and captain material.
Regarding the game, the players look terrified of of going against the coach's game plan so I suspect the real captain on the field is actually in the stand directing things.
Keep the faith
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 February 2019 at 10:56pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Tipuric, Corey hill, Ellis Jenkins are three that I can think of.
Ellis Jenkins seems an obvious one there to me for the future as a young guy.Canโ€™t think of anyone currently from our Region ๐Ÿค” it has to be s forward in my book and it usually is . Mmm thoughts?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 12:51am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

Thought Foxy was very quiet with the ref.today, not in his ear at all. The Italians were offside a lot at the ruck and came through from the side to play havoc with Aled. A forward as Captain would have been close at hand to have a word.
Regarding the game, the players look terrified of of going against the coach's game plan so I suspect the real captain on the field is actually in the stand directing things.
๐Ÿ‘
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 1:15am
You want your captain as a definite starter. Until pivac starts his tenure, its pointless guessing. Jenkins is the obvious choice but tipuric is atm the no.1 7. I wouldnt besupprised with faletau been given it
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 8:47am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

If you watchied it on ITV then the mic was off lol
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 8:51am
Originally posted by ScarletCyclops ScarletCyclops wrote:

Congratulations to The Fox on gaining the Wales captaincy on his 70th appearance. Long overdue.

He has come a long way....LOL

Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 February 2019 at 8:56am

Captains come in many different styles the likes of Foxy and Faletau lead by their actions on the pitch others like AWJ are the same but are more vocal to the ref I feel the more effective is more like AWJ or Martin Johnston

Foxy is a World Class player but would not be my choice as Captain, theres a good reason that most captains are forwards its because they understand the dark arts of the scrum and breakdown a lot more,and are closer to the ref

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic