Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SIX NATIONS 2019
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

France Vs Wales (6 nations 2019)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: France Vs Wales (6 nations 2019)
    Posted: 01 February 2019 at 11:22pm
Congratulations to Wales on their opening win in this seasons 6 nations, I didn’t see that result coming at half time. Wales were very poor first half, their handling errors were astronomical and France were good value for their lead.
However, second half, Wales cut out the errors in their game and France struggled to get any momentum.
Despite not really getting out of 3rd gear Wales scored 3 tries and also had 2 chalked off, the Moriarty try that wasn’tt given would probably have been given it was scored by France, Ireland or New Zealand.
Wales move onto Rome next weekend and I see a few personnel changes being made by Gatland for that game. Anscombe didn’t control matters very well and Biggar made a much bigger impression when he came on. If Patchell had played as poorly as Anscombe then he would have been slaughtered in the press and would have been dropped from the match 23 next time around. The fact that George North won MOTM just goes to show how the game went, he was awful first half and gambled twice second half and sniffed out 2 tries whic resulted in 14 points for Wales.
Josh Adams played well again and showed an eye for a gap, he looked very dangerous with ball in hand, wouldn’t mind seeing him at PYS next season.
Sponsored Links

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 10:09am
Very strange game that. Wales gifted France territory & possession with ill discipline and poor control. Anscombe & Williams were poor & I was glad to see Cawdor & Biggar coming on. No way I would have given George MOM as he was pretty ineffective throughout. His intercept try was however well taken. Thought Adams & Liam were the pick of the Welsh backs.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 10:18am
How was Anscombe allowed to sub for Liam Williams for the last 15 minutes when he had been previously withdrawn? Watkins and Wainwright were still on the bench and either could have come on.
Keep the faith
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 10:35am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

How was Anscombe allowed to sub for Liam Williams for the last 15 minutes when he had been previously withdrawn? Watkins and Wainwright were still on the bench and either could have come on.

I believe that Anscombe was allowed back on as he was subbed and not withdrawn because of injury.

Alternatively he may have been allowed back on as a blood replacement.

Or finally, he may have been allowed back on whilst Liam underwent a HIA.

Not sure, but one or all of the above may have applied .
gnasher1975 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gnasher1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I believe that Anscombe was allowed back on as he was subbed and not withdrawn because of injury.

Or finally, he may have been allowed back on whilst Liam

underwent a HIA.

We were watching a french feed, did bbc show the challenge on sanjay again? Looked a nasty one
joni_bach View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 12:38pm
Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

underwent a HIA.

We were watching a french feed, did bbc show the challenge on sanjay again? Looked a nasty one

Yeah, the French no.8 clattered into Liam and it looked like a clash of heads. It was possibly late and possibly with no arms but Barnes didn't seem too concerned or didn't notice. There was one replay on the feed. Liam was bleeding from the head so it was blood replacement so as Anscombe only came off tactically, he was allowed back on. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by joni_bach joni_bach wrote:

Originally posted by gnasher1975 gnasher1975 wrote:

underwent a HIA.

Yeah, the French no.8 clattered into Liam and it looked like a clash of heads. It was possibly late and possibly with no arms but Barnes didn't seem too concerned or didn't notice. There was one replay on the feed. Liam was bleeding from the head so it was blood replacement so as Anscombe only came off tactically, he was allowed back on. 

i wondered about that - there didn't seem to be any arms in the 'tackle' ('collision' would be a better word) - FWIW, I'm not convinced there was any intent behind it, but Picamoles is a big guy... the TV pictures didn't provide any clear evidence of evil intent. I don't know if the citing commissioner will look at it... from what inconclusive footage I've seen, I'd say 'penalty' but no more. The pictures don't really tell the story. 
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 February 2019 at 2:09pm
The picamoles incident I watched again, it was pretty unlucky. liam crouched a bit, as oconnell said picamoles could have gone lower too. But nothing much in it tbh. Any news on liam?
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic