Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > SOCIAL > OTHER SPORTS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gareth Bale

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gareth Bale
    Posted: 22 August 2013 at 9:32am
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sponsored Links

A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 9:41am
It all hinged on the Willian deal.

He signs for Spurs.

Bale signs for Madrid.

Ronnie signs for United.

Rooney signs for Chelsea.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 9:44am
...and Baines and Fellaini to United too?

How much will the sell Rooney for? Will they be able to afford Ronaldo?

It certainly seems that one big transfer will set a few others off.
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 9:46am
I actually don't think Ronnie will sign for United but can United afford him? Ye without a shadow of doubt.
We are Con Air. You will be assimilated. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 10:01am
Originally posted by A Evans A Evans wrote:

I actually don't think Ronnie will sign for United but can United afford him? Ye without a shadow of doubt.

What's he worth now then? Just wondered wether United would want to buy Ronnie, Baines and Felaini. Can't see Felaini fitting in at United TBH.
A Evans View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote A Evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 10:04am
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

Originally posted by A Evans A Evans wrote:

What's he worth now then? Just wondered wether United would want to buy Ronnie, Baines and Felaini. Can't see Felaini fitting in at United TBH.
I think United (or anyone) could get him for the £80 million United sold him for. If he was to sign (highly doubtful) then that would be the only business United would do imo.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 1:11pm
So what would Bale be paid per week?

As for crazy money, if you think this is crazy, check baseball....If you look up the top 40/50 sports contracts of all time the vast majority are all baseball, the odd basketballer and American footballer, Floyd mayweather who is on £30 million per fight ? the only football deal was messi who I believe is on £500,000 a match
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

As for crazy money, if you think this is crazy, check baseball....If you look up the top 40/50 sports contracts of all time the vast majority are all baseball, the odd basketballer and American footballer, Floyd mayweather who is on £30 million per fight ? the only football deal was messi who I believe is on £500,000 a match
Gareth Bale deal all in is costing £150m (including his contract)

so in 5 years he will earn over £50m in 5 years? so £10m a year? roughly £210k a week. not bad!
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 4:47pm
Bargain!
And We Were Singing...
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 6:15pm
wouldnt get out of bed for anything less
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2013 at 7:19pm
Would he like to be an Ambassador for us, with the attendant 30% tax relief if he'll be paying any in the UK. Or, maybe he'd like to give up a week or two's money and sponsor Scarlets?

Edited by Eastern outpost - 22 August 2013 at 7:21pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
rolly View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2013 at 9:04am
Bale would be the first welsh player to play for Real Madrid wouldn't he ? I cant think of any apart from Toshack managing them .
lofty evans View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lofty evans Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2013 at 9:15am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Gareth Bale deal all in is costing £150m (including his contract)

so in 5 years he will earn over £50m in 5 years? so £10m a year? roughly £210k a week. not bad!

Not bad its bloody great if you can get it,,i wish him well whatever he decides..

In 1972, Roy Bergiers scored that try and said "that was for you lofty"

"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us"
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2013 at 9:15am
Originally posted by rolly rolly wrote:

Bale would be the first welsh player to play for Real Madrid wouldn't he ? I cant think of any apart from Toshack managing them .
And the only probably
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2013 at 2:10pm
It's a huge gamble for Bale. I know that he spends an enormous amount of time back home in Rhiwbina rather than in his house in Chingford. If he doesn't settle in Madrid, he'd have nowhere to go as he can't simply transfer back as Real would expect a significant return on their investment. Even Man City would balk at a £60-70M fee to come back to the UK.

I really hope he makes a good go of it and that he goes up another level (and brings it to Wales as well). He is an immense talent - although I'm not sure if he's worth the £70M straight fee (or £86M in instalments).

Keithd View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Keithd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 August 2013 at 2:46pm
As a Spurs fan I'm disappointed he's going, although Spurs seem to be using the money wisely in the transfer market even though we've lost out on Willian.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic