Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gareth Bowen Joins Neath R.f.c

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran
The Reds' little Mascot

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gareth Bowen Joins Neath R.f.c
    Posted: 12 November 2006 at 9:57pm
Heard tonight that Gareth has Joined Neath, don't know anything more at present, i'm sure the full story will emerge in due process. From a very reliable source by the way. Seems a little odd to leave Gareth go now. because Rhys Priestland has been struggling with injury all season for the semi pros. Could leave us with a problem at 10 for the semi pros if Rhys were to get injured again.
Sponsored Links

redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 November 2006 at 10:03pm
considering the limited appearances this season, it's no surprise to me that he's chosen to leave when an opportunity has arisen.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 12:06am

If this is true, time to get the flags out...

I would like to thank Gareth for his time at Stradey. You had 1 good season, but that was it......

BYE

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 12:44am

Sad that he did'nt live up to the promise of three years ago, but hopefully a change of scenery will revive his career.

The shame is that we let Crags go to Cardiff, he would have been an useful aaddition to the squad.

Ambassador View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ambassador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 10:19am
Good luck to him if its true.
Take a risk or two, make a few mistakes. As long as you're adventurous I wont mind.
TonduTurk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
"Views my own"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonduTurk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 11:15am
BOWEN LINKED WITH SWITCH TO CHAMPIONS

Scarlets fly-half Gareth Bowen is being linked with a move to Neath.Bowen, who switched to Stradey Park from Bristol, has found himself relegated to semi-pro duty this season with the region opting for Ceiron Thomas as understudy to Stephen Jones. But nothing will be decided until Neath chairman Geraint Hawkes returns from holiday later in the week.

"We are always looking towards players of Gareth Bowen's ilk, as they could do a job for Neath," said Neath assistant coach Gruff Rees. "There is a need to bring some fresh blood into the squad, and fly-half is just one of a number of positions that need addressing.

full story
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 11:16am

It true that he left the club but no indication where he gone

On Scarlets main site

"The Llanelli Scarlets have agreed to an early termination of Gareth Bowen’s contract."

bin laden View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
THE TROPHY CABINET IS OPEN FOR BUSINESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bin laden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 11:35am
best of luck to him,have said that he needs a change of scenery before he is a broken man.
Yes,I am back with a stewards view on things.

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 11:38am

this is a major cause for celebration, both Bowen and Louw of the wage bill.. excellent stuff.....

don't care if i upset people with my comments on Bowen, but i've always stated that he is the worst (IMO) player ever to put on a scarlets shirt.... and even though Louw wasn't given much game time, for £150k+, he wasn't worth it..

They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
Abbey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abbey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 1:08pm

I was told about this last week from a Neath patron.

Good luck to him.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 1:41pm
Goodbye and wages saved. Let's move on, it's not as if it's a repeat of Daf James for example, when we lost a world class player and suffered for it in the long run?
GA PLUM View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GA PLUM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 1:46pm
He is 4th choice outside-half this season behind Steve,Ceiz and Rhys Priestland. He must have been the highest paid 4th choice outside half in World rugby. The way Rhys Priestland played for Llanelli rfc on Friday nite Bowen would struggle big time to have any game time with Llanelli let alone the Scarlets.

Mike View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 1:46pm

Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

Goodbye and wages saved. Let's move on, it's not as if it's a repeat of Daf James for example, when we lost a world class player and suffered for it in the long run?

Why the question mark?!

We're losing a player we had no intention of playing and saving on his wages - job done!

Saying that, I do wish GB all the best for the future.

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Mike Mike wrote:

Originally posted by no.6 no.6 wrote:

Why the question mark?!

We're losing a player we had no intention of playing and saving on his wages - job done!

Saying that, I do wish GB all the best for the future.

Because i'm sure some people would say we didn't suffer when Daf left! apart from the way he left (and has been forgiven due to an exemplary work rate and attitude on return) a lot of the anger was because we knew we'd lost a special player.

To be fair to Bowen, the club failed dismally to replace Stevo and Bowen was thrust into a position he didn't have the capacity to cope with. Good luck and all that but he's not the first to leave and won't be the last. Far happier Louw is gone.

mc scarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mc scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 2:02pm
storys even made sky sports news but not yet the scarlet site
Are you the real radio renegade!?
Chesswithdeath View Drop Down
Founder
Founder
www.chesswithdeath.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chesswithdeath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2006 at 2:08pm
Gareth Bowen is set to sign for Leeds Tykes after Llanelli Scarlets agreed to an early termination of his contract.

bbc
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic