Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gareth Jenkins.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gareth Jenkins.
    Posted: 02 January 2020 at 12:27pm
Well done Gareth for saying it as it is. Well overdue for someone to call out Martyn Phillips for being out of touch with reality something nobody can ever accuse Gareth of being. A proper rugby man through and through & a great servant of our club. 
Sponsored Links

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 1:36pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Well done Gareth for saying it as it is. Well overdue for someone to call out Martyn Phillips for being out of touch with reality something nobody can ever accuse Gareth of being. A proper rugby man through and through & a great servant of our club. 

Could you provide a link? I have no idea what this refers to!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 1:59pm
No idea if he’s seen the same article but this has the story.

Edited by Jones2004 - 02 January 2020 at 1:59pm
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Jones2004 Jones2004 wrote:

Can you please post the original article please? Not something that’s been ripped off and twisted 

I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 2:34pm
Not a fan of Walesonline?
Jones2004 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jones2004 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Can you please post the original article please? Not something that’s been ripped off and twisted 

I did say that I had no idea if that was the article he was talking about, it was simply the only one I had found and thought it could be helpful.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 3:57pm

I did say that I had no idea if that was the article he was talking about, it was simply the only one I had found and thought it could be helpful.

Thanks to both of you.

I don't know enough to comment with any authority on this, but Gareth Jenkins has done a sterling job looking for young recruits for the Scarlets...

It sounds as if what Gareth is saying is that the WRU is handing over cash to the Premiership clubs with no - or insufficient strings attached, and that the prem, should be used to develop young players between school and regional level - but money is being wasted on old and maybe over the hill players. I daresay it's fair comment - the WRU need clarity about what they expect for their cash, as Gareth says. If they are happy for the prem. to be a grass-roots competition, then I don't suppose much will change. If they want it to be an integrated part of a player development pathway, then they need to take Gareth's comments on board.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 January 2020 at 5:16pm

My apologies - I did indeed see the WOL article & have since read the full article supplied via link by Steff. I assume Steff that is your article - if so congratulations on doing a wonderful piece on a man very worthy of our thanks & support. Top man. 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 10:54am
At his prime as a coach, Gareth was said to be the best developer of young talent in the northern hemisphere. The only other person that I have heard similar things said of is Stuart Lancaster. Whilst there was a thriving Leinster academy before his arrival, it seems to have gone into overdrive now. Both men were a failure as international coaches and are undervalued as a result but both are of immense value to the organisation they work for. Of our five coaches, perhaps the most value is not Brad but Whiffin. Any organisation as perennially cash restricted as we are needs to be able to spot rough diamonds and polish them ourselves.  The Os, on the other hand, can only see players that others have already picked and promoted.
TurkQuay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TurkQuay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 January 2020 at 11:16am

I thought you worked for the Western Mail ?. 

How are newspapers allowed to rip off other peoples articles ?, aren't they copyrighted ?.

Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic