Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Gatland's Law

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Gatland's Law
    Posted: 04 September 2017 at 4:16pm
Is it me being a sceptic or is the fact that Gatland has 4 wild card choices for 2017/18 & 2018/19 reducing to 2 for 2019/20 got anything to do with the fact that he intends leaving his post in 2019?
Sponsored Links

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2017 at 4:53pm
You think...?
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 September 2017 at 9:39pm
Gatlands law, loose guideline more like, ignored when convenient.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 12:14pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Is it me being a sceptic or is the fact that Gatland has 4 wild card choices for 2017/18 & 2018/19 reducing to 2 for 2019/20 got anything to do with the fact that he intends leaving his post in 2019?

His contract ends in 2019; does he intend departing then? He seems to stick around.  If the Os halfbacks depart at the end of this season, he's going to have to break it next season, unless Wink we recruit both Moriarty and George........(that's the Saints wing not the Saracens hookerWink)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

His contract ends in 2019; does he intend departing then? He seems to stick around.  If the Os halfbacks depart at the end of this season, he's going to have to break it next season, unless Wink we recruit both Moriarty and George........(that's the Saints wing not the Saracens hookerWink)

I believe he's on record as saying that he is going to move on after the 2019 World Cup. Clearly he is in the running to take over from Hansen. I am afraid Jamie George wouldn't get in our 23 unless it was during the International period. Wink
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 1:01pm
I would be shocked if Gatland was the next All Blacks coach.

Edited by SospanMawr - 05 September 2017 at 1:01pm
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 3:07pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Gatlands law, loose guideline more like, ignored when convenient.

Yup - that about sums it up.
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 September 2017 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Why? Is he unpopular in NZ? They do seem to go for coaches with international experience, especially those who've coached Wales! 
I share no-one's ideas. I have my own.
(Ivan Turgenev)
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 3:35am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Why? Is he unpopular in NZ? They do seem to go for coaches with international experience, especially those who've coached Wales! 

That would be quite an unholy trinity Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic